obamacare upheld

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 12

Re: obamacare upheld

Post by Dave2 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:There is a lot we can do to reclaim this country without resorting to the ballot box.......just yet.
Assuming you meant to say "bullet box", I agree.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Winchster
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Winchster »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Winchster wrote:TAM, You can pretty well bet that the day the internet, cell service and cable tv all go down simultaneously that people will be arming themselves in expectation of "something"
Some will be arming themselves. Others, like me, will already have been well armed. BUT......again......I strongly reiterate that this is NOT what we should be desiring. The founding fathers exhausted all other means of trying to get King George to reverse the course he pushed them onto. They did not WANT revolution. It was forced on them. That should be your attitude too.

So what does "exhaust all other means" actually mean? Well, how much money have you given to Mitt Romney's campaign since he is the de facto nominee who will be running against Obama? I put $200 of my hard earned, sparse dollars into his campaign a couple of days ago. What about donations to the political campaigns of other conservatives? How often do you buy booklets to distribute for free to reclaim the minds of the nation's youth? I buy THESE BOOKS 5 or 6 at a time and make sure that I always have 1 or 2 on me to give to a young person—high school or college age—to help them get the foundation that they never received in public schools. I have never failed to have a youngster that I gave that book to express genuine appreciation and say something like "I had no idea...."

There is a lot we can do to reclaim this country without resorting to the ballot box.......just yet.

Ok, so maybe my frustration is getting the better of me. However, I don't see a way back 60-70 years ago to a place where the fed wasn't this bloated, decidedly unconstitutional, monstrosity that it is today. I don't see how electing people into the current system, removes all the freebies that have been created. It's "too painful" and if it could be done in a single session, you can rest assured that the sheep would rally and throw them out of office on the next cycle and begin putting them all back in place. I don't see a way around it. People have become accustomed to a "nanny state" and by virtue of human nature, don't want to give anything up.

All that being said, I'm not advocating insurrection, but if it happened I'd participate versus hoping it went away. If that makes me a bad person, then I can live with that.
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Winchster wrote:However, I don't see a way back 60-70 years ago to a place where the fed wasn't this bloated, decidedly unconstitutional, monstrosity that it is today. I don't see how electing people into the current system, removes all the freebies that have been created. It's "too painful" and if it could be done in a single session, you can rest assured that the sheep would rally and throw them out of office on the next cycle and begin putting them all back in place. I don't see a way around it. People have become accustomed to a "nanny state" and by virtue of human nature, don't want to give anything up.
A constitutional amendment stating, "The commerce clause limits congress to keeping commerce regular between the foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes, and congress shall not levy any tax related to anything they don't have the power to regulate."

It'll take a couple election cycles just to deal with the paperwork.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Cobra Medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cobra Medic »

I'm getting ready to change careers because of the JBT assault on health care.
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

pops1982
Posts in topic: 5

Post by pops1982 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Winchster wrote:TAM, You can pretty well bet that the day the internet, cell service and cable tv all go down simultaneously that people will be arming themselves in expectation of "something"
How often do you buy booklets to distribute for free to reclaim the minds of the nation's youth? I buy THESE BOOKS 5 or 6 at a time and make sure that I always have 1 or 2 on me to give to a young person—high school or college age—to help them get the foundation that they never received in public schools. I have never failed to have a youngster that I gave that book to express genuine appreciation and say something like "I had no idea...."
Ok TAM, I just purchased 20 of the books.
Lifetime NRA
CHL
Glock 27 CCW 24/7
“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.” - Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 22

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Winchster wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Some will be arming themselves. Others, like me, will already have been well armed. BUT......again......I strongly reiterate that this is NOT what we should be desiring. The founding fathers exhausted all other means of trying to get King George to reverse the course he pushed them onto. They did not WANT revolution. It was forced on them. That should be your attitude too.

So what does "exhaust all other means" actually mean? Well, how much money have you given to Mitt Romney's campaign since he is the de facto nominee who will be running against Obama? I put $200 of my hard earned, sparse dollars into his campaign a couple of days ago. What about donations to the political campaigns of other conservatives? How often do you buy booklets to distribute for free to reclaim the minds of the nation's youth? I buy THESE BOOKS 5 or 6 at a time and make sure that I always have 1 or 2 on me to give to a young person—high school or college age—to help them get the foundation that they never received in public schools. I have never failed to have a youngster that I gave that book to express genuine appreciation and say something like "I had no idea...."

There is a lot we can do to reclaim this country without resorting to the bullet box.......just yet.
Ok, so maybe my frustration is getting the better of me. However, I don't see a way back 60-70 years ago to a place where the fed wasn't this bloated, decidedly unconstitutional, monstrosity that it is today. I don't see how electing people into the current system, removes all the freebies that have been created. It's "too painful" and if it could be done in a single session, you can rest assured that the sheep would rally and throw them out of office on the next cycle and begin putting them all back in place. I don't see a way around it. People have become accustomed to a "nanny state" and by virtue of human nature, don't want to give anything up.

All that being said, I'm not advocating insurrection, but if it happened I'd participate versus hoping it went away. If that makes me a bad person, then I can live with that.
Hey, I understand the frustration. Believe me. And God forbid it should ever come to that pass, but it does and if I'm still able, I'll join you on that line. I just really don't want to have to go there, and nobody in their right mind should want it.
pops1982 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
How often do you buy booklets to distribute for free to reclaim the minds of the nation's youth? I buy THESE BOOKS 5 or 6 at a time and make sure that I always have 1 or 2 on me to give to a young person—high school or college age—to help them get the foundation that they never received in public schools. I have never failed to have a youngster that I gave that book to express genuine appreciation and say something like "I had no idea...."
Ok TAM, I just purchased 20 of the books.
Good man, Pops.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gringo pistolero »

Can I order nine and have them delivered to SCOTUS?
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gringo pistolero »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Stephen Moore, Senior Economics Writer with the Wall Street Journal, told FOX and Friends this morning that nearly 75% of Obamacare costs will fall on the backs of those Americans making less than $120,000 a year.
I smell democrats.
Forcing less than 10% of the population to carry 25% of the costs sure sounds like a Democrat plan.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

gringo pistolero wrote:Can I order nine and have them delivered to SCOTUS?
"rlol" :iagree: I wonder if they'd get the :rules: memo

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jasonw560 »

Unfortunately, there is no quick and easy cure. I wish I cold just say knowledge and study alone could cure it, but it's not that easy.

The problem is that social liberalism is the grandest (in scope) form of classic Maoist brainwashing there is. These people are being manipulated by very clever anti-liberty zealots and don't even realize it. From the institutions (public schools) to the media, people are innundated every day with this nonsense. They are being used as (the Marxist term, not mine) ""useful idiots". They're backing a system which seems ideal, but has NEVER worked in history.

How many social liberals have actually read "The Communist Manifesto"? Or "Rules For Radicals"? I have read the first, and skimmed the second. I have read enough of RFR to realize their game plan. The name calling, diverting from the issue, the refusal to debate...all found in that book. They call themselves "free thinkers", but the "powers that be" have got them duped. They laugh at us Christians for being gullible enough to believe as we do, and yet they're just as gullible-if ot more so-than they point us out to be. Every "free thought" they think they have comes from the likes of the old dead German philosophers like Nietszche.

All we can do is point them n the right direction. Ask the right questions. Get them to truly think WHY they believe what they believe.

Here's some honest questions for the liberals here: Why do you want so much government control over our as well as YOUR OWN lives? What do you think you will personally gain from it? And what led you to your viewpoint? If you want my answers, I'll be more than happy to share them with you. After I get some sleep.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

gringo pistolero wrote:Can I order nine and have them delivered to SCOTUS?
If you phone Patriot Post, you could probably get them to send them to SCOTUS without charge to you. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Jasonw560 wrote:Unfortunately, there is no quick and easy cure. I wish I cold just say knowledge and study alone could cure it, but it's not that easy.

The problem is that social liberalism is the grandest (in scope) form of classic Maoist brainwashing there is. These people are being manipulated by very clever anti-liberty zealots and don't even realize it. From the institutions (public schools) to the media, people are innundated every day with this nonsense. They are being used as (the Marxist term, not mine) ""useful idiots". They're backing a system which seems ideal, but has NEVER worked in history.

How many social liberals have actually read "The Communist Manifesto"? Or "Rules For Radicals"? I have read the first, and skimmed the second. I have read enough of RFR to realize their game plan. The name calling, diverting from the issue, the refusal to debate...all found in that book. They call themselves "free thinkers", but the "powers that be" have got them duped. They laugh at us Christians for being gullible enough to believe as we do, and yet they're just as gullible-if ot more so-than they point us out to be. Every "free thought" they think they have comes from the likes of the old dead German philosophers like Nietszche.

All we can do is point them n the right direction. Ask the right questions. Get them to truly think WHY they believe what they believe.

Here's some honest questions for the liberals here: Why do you want so much government control over our as well as YOUR OWN lives? What do you think you will personally gain from it? And what led you to your viewpoint? If you want my answers, I'll be more than happy to share them with you. After I get some sleep.
BINGO on the highlighted portion of text. I admit that I haven't read ALL of the "Communist Manifesto", just portions of it, and the same for "Rules for Radicals". But I agree that what the left does and how they act and react, come from those sources. I wonder how many people that call themselves "liberals" don't even know or understand that?

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Jasonw560 wrote:Here's some honest questions for the liberals here: Why do you want so much government control over our as well as YOUR OWN lives? What do you think you will personally gain from it? And what led you to your viewpoint? If you want my answers, I'll be more than happy to share them with you. After I get some sleep.
I think it's actually pretty simple and pretty much boils down to: liberalism makes it easy for them to feel good about themselves. Of course liberalism (collectivism) also gives it's exploiters a moralistic pretense to justify anything from petty theft to mass murder, but for the proles it's about feeling good.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

fickman wrote:The SC isn't the childproofing mechanism to save the electorate from those we elect. People (preaching to the choir here) need to realize that what they do in the ballot box really does impact life, our future, and our vitality as a nation. The masses were very flippant with their votes in 2008, and we don't presently have a mop big enough for the mess it created.
True enough, but then the Founders never intended that "children" should be part of the electorate. They designed the system not to be a democracy and so that voting was limited to productive people with a stake in the system. We've stripped all that away for the delusion of "one man one vote." It's absurd that someone who doesn't pay taxes gets a vote on how those of us who do are taxed.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

VMI77 wrote:
fickman wrote:The SC isn't the childproofing mechanism to save the electorate from those we elect. People (preaching to the choir here) need to realize that what they do in the ballot box really does impact life, our future, and our vitality as a nation. The masses were very flippant with their votes in 2008, and we don't presently have a mop big enough for the mess it created.
True enough, but then the Founders never intended that "children" should be part of the electorate. They designed the system not to be a democracy and so that voting was limited to productive people with a stake in the system. We've stripped all that away for the delusion of "one man one vote." It's absurd that someone who doesn't pay taxes gets a vote on how those of us who do are taxed.

:iagree:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”