His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

snatchel
Posts in topic: 3

Re: His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

Post by snatchel »

I don't like Romney either. But I hate Obama and his party. You are exactly right in that I will be voting for someone with an R next to his name.....beats the heck out of protest voting OR voting on Obama's democratic ticket.

The system has evolved to give us a choice of 2 rich candidates, one democrat and one republican. I'll vote R every time because in the end, my fiscal conservative and +gun right ideals trump my rather liberal social views. Lesser of two evils, my friend.

As far as tax returns go, I could are less that Romney is filthy rich. I could are less if he uses tax shelters to keep money that HE earned, and refuses to get raped by a botched left-wing tax system because if I were in his shoes, I'd do the same thing. I don't hate rich people. As long as guys like Romney are stacking away obscene amounts of money, myself and other middle class folks have jobs and make a respectable salary, I'm Ok with that.
No More Signature

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I don't know who was the first politician to publish their tax returns, but he/she was an idiot. Tax returns are not relevant to a person's qualifications for the job, they only provide fodder for more negative campaigning.

Chas.
I think the press is gleefully hounding Romney on this issue because his father apparently set the precedent of presidential contenders revealing tax returns back in '68. Newspaper link

Topic author
glockstero
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by glockstero »

Obama lovers will do anything to distract from his pathetic record. Romney paid the same tax rate on his investment income that you, I, and everyone else in the country paid.

Why do democrats hate success so much?

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 77

Post by RoyGBiv »

glockstero wrote:Obama lovers will do anything to distract from his pathetic record. Romney paid the same tax rate on his investment income that you, I, and everyone else in the country paid.

Dems don't hate "success" per-se, they seem to hate anything they can't control via legislation. You can "control" criminals with laws and police, but successful people are quite a bit harder to make compliant to redistributionist, nanny-state stupidity.

Here's some more pathetic "do as I say, not as I do" hypocrisy for you to add to the pile... Published today.
How I became George Obama's 'brother', by Dinesh D'Souza

A few days ago I received a call from a man I recently met named George. He was a bit flustered, and soon informed me that his young son was sick with a chest condition. He pleaded with me to send him $1,000 to cover the medical bills. Since George was at the hospital I asked him to let me speak to a nurse, and she confirmed that George’s son was indeed ill. So I agreed to send George the money through Western Union. He was profusely grateful. But before I hung up I asked George, “Why are you coming to me?” He said, “I have no one else to ask.” Then he said something that astounded me, “Dinesh, you are like a brother to me.”
it would cost Obama so little to raise George out of poverty, and yet he won’t do it. This isn’t mere negligence; it suggests an active animus. The reason for that animus emerges in George’s book and also in my interview with George in the film 2016. In that interview, George rejects the anti-colonial philosophy that was espoused by Barack Obama Sr.
From the record of their lives and writings, it’s clear that Barack Obama Sr. and Barack Obama Jr. both share the anti-colonial view that blames Western colonial exploitation for the poverty and suffering of the Third World. Yet George doesn’t buy it. He observes that at the time of its independence in the early 1960s “Kenya was on an economic par with Malaysia or Singapore. Look where we are now, and where they are. They’re practically developed and industrialized, while Kenya is still a basket case.” George believes that poor countries should take responsibility for their own situation. “What’s our excuse for failure? We don’t have one. We’ve only got ourselves to blame.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/ ... a-brother/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

glockstero wrote:Obama lovers will do anything to distract from his pathetic record. Romney paid the same tax rate on his investment income that you, I, and everyone else in the country paid.

Envy is the heart of Marxism...do I believe everyone in the Democrat Party is a card-carrying Marxist? No...but Marxism IS the underlying foundation for how they think and operate. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" sounds just so nice...until you think about a man with talent working his guts out just so some slacker can be paid by the government to sit around all day. :mad5

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I don't know who was the first politician to publish their tax returns, but he/she was an idiot. Tax returns are not relevant to a person's qualifications for the job, they only provide fodder for more negative campaigning.

Chas.
:iagree: It's none of anybody's business except the taxpayer, their accountant/tax preparer [if they have one] and the IRS.
NRA Endowment Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

tallmike wrote:Its a little sad how everyone assumes I am an Obama supporter just because I am not a Romney supporter. It wasn't that long ago that most of you were pretty firmly anti-Romney too.

And, if Romney had released his tax records but Obama refused would you all still be saying that it wasn't important? Nope, you would probably be piling on with your partisan politics. Many of you don't care about picking a good president you care about picking a president with an R next to his name, even if the R stands for RINO.
I don't think I was ever anti-Romney. I did favor Newt and was okay with Santorum and Romney.

As long as the people running our country and who would like to run it have paid what they are legally required I couldn't care less how much they actually paid. There may be absolutely nothing wrong or substandard with the obamanation's school records and other things, but they go towards his eligibility and intelligence, which the left has touted so much. The guy can barely put together a coherent sentence without his beloved teleprompter. Uncle Joe actually speaks more clearly, IMO, but says some of the most ridiculous things.

The person with the R next to their name has more in common with me and my ideals. Not all of them, but way more than anyone with a D next to their name.

Whoever the first nominee that released his tax returns was, it was probably to make his opponent look bad because there was or he thought there was something that would make his opponent look bad.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

WildBill wrote:

Chas.
:iagree: It's none of anybody's business except the taxpayer, their accountant/tax preparer [if they have one] and the IRS.
Absolutely! It's a shallow distraction created to take focus away from the current POTUS' lies, failures and attempted corruption of our U.S. Constitution.

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dragonfighter »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
tallmike wrote:
He will show us he has nothing to hide.
Except his tax returns...
Ask your buddy Obama for his Harvard and Columbia transcripts. <SNIP>
Or a Birth Certificate I can't take apart in Illustrator. :leaving
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tallmike wrote:Its a little sad how everyone assumes I am an Obama supporter just because I am not a Romney supporter.
Well tell us; do you support Obama?
tallmike wrote:It wasn't that long ago that most of you were pretty firmly anti-Romney too.
If by "anti" you mean he wasn't a first choice, then I agree with your statement. But now it a two-man race so everyone is either anti-Romney or anti-Obama.
tallmike wrote:And, if Romney had released his tax records but Obama refused would you all still be saying that it wasn't important? Nope, you would probably be piling on with your partisan politics.
You are dead wrong. I've opposed releasing tax returns for years. As I said earlier, it not relevant and all it does is provide Democrats the opportunity to use it in "greedy white man" attacks.
tallmike wrote:Many of you don't care about picking a good president you care about picking a president with an R next to his name, even if the R stands for RINO.
What arrogance! Yes, I want a good President and the sad fact is that in my 62 years the Democrats haven't produced a single one, not one. (Don't try throwing JFK out there either, I was alive when he was President and none of his publicity was accurate. Had he not been assassinated in 1963, he would have lost the election in 1964 and he would have faded into obscurity and been forgotten like Grover Cleveland.) So the chance of having a "good" President are far better with a Republican than a Democrat.

Chas.

Birdshot70
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Birdshot70 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:... So the chance of having a "good" President are far better with a Republican than a Democrat.
:iagree: :clapping:

Well stated Sir!
"When in doubt, EMPTY the magazine." - A Marine

"...gun control is always a scheme of the powerful to deprive the powerless of the right to self-defense." -- Ann Coulter 04/18/2012

NRA Member
CHL holder
CHL Instructor

2firfun50
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 2firfun50 »

Maybe I'll be the first to come out and openly say I'm an Obama supporter. Why am I an Obama supporter? Here is why.

1. I'm a college educated engineer who has prostituted myself for the military/industrial complex for 32 yrs. and can not afford to retire. Our for profit health care costs more than my pension.
2. I can't support anyone whose tax plan favors the rich and punish the ones who made them rich.
3. Trickle down economics simply does not work. The rich do not create jobs unless they get richer.
4. If you a little root cause analysis of our current economic crisis, you might just discover (as I have) it all started while Republicans were in control of all 3 branches of government.
5. You can't be at war for over 10 yrs., finance it it "off budget" expenditures, and cut taxes at the same time. The balloon payment is now due. And those who got rich off of the past policies need to pay the bill.

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

tallmike wrote:
He will show us he has nothing to hide.
Except his tax returns...
He's already released tax returns. As much as any POTUS candidate typically releases. He's released as many tax returns as Obama did when he ran for the same office.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

2firfun50 wrote:Maybe I'll be the first to come out and openly say I'm an Obama supporter. Why am I an Obama supporter? Here is why.

1. I'm a college educated engineer who has prostituted myself for the military/industrial complex for 32 yrs. and can not afford to retire. Our for profit health care costs more than my pension.
Yes, I'm sure you were paid minimum wage as an engineer.
2firfun50 wrote:
2. I can't support anyone whose tax plan favors the rich and punish the ones who made them rich.
Yes, the purpose of capitalism/business is for investors to provide jobs, with no profit, while putting their money at risk, so you can have one
2firfun50 wrote: 3. Trickle down economics simply does not work. The rich do not create jobs unless they get richer.
See #2
2firfun50 wrote: 5. You can't be at war for over 10 yrs., finance it it "off budget" expenditures, and cut taxes at the same time. The balloon payment is now due. And those who got rich off of the past policies need to pay the bill.
So how about taxing the 47% who pay nothing to start with. I believe they get the same benefits and services that others pay for, for free. Are 47% of the population too poor to pay their fair share?

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

2firfun50 wrote:Maybe I'll be the first to come out and openly say I'm an Obama supporter. Why am I an Obama supporter? Here is why.

3. Trickle down economics simply does not work. The rich do not create jobs unless they get richer.
4. If you a little root cause analysis of our current economic crisis, you might just discover (as I have) it all started while Republicans were in control of all 3 branches of government.
5. You can't be at war for over 10 yrs., finance it it "off budget" expenditures, and cut taxes at the same time. The balloon payment is now due. And those who got rich off of the past policies need to pay the bill.
So, were you IN the military, or did you simply work for a defense contractor? And if YOU want to use the word "prostituted", well you don't seem to think to highly of YOUR career choice it would seem. I spent just over 20 years turning wrenches as an aircraft mechanic for the USAF, and overall, I'm proud of the work I did. Numbers two and three in your list seem like something right out of the works of Karl Marx, mere rhetorical class warfare. As to number four, WHERE did you "discover" that information? And with number five, yes, the wars have been expensive, no doubt...but less expensive than entitlement spending, and you can see that from the government sources, even. Seems like GE, whose jet engines that I like BTW, have made a LOT of money off of this...but they managed to dodge paying taxes...and they are HUGE Democrat Party supporters...so that last one doesn't quite wash, either.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”