Just like the Obamacare bill......

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
glockstero
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Just like the Obamacare bill......

Post by glockstero »

Just like they did with the Obamacare bill the selfish democrats ram a position down the throats of the people....this time their own people. The fact that GOD was removed from their platform this election as well as Jerusalem being the capitol of Israel speaks volumes to the agenda of the democrat leadership. The fact that they had to ram an amendment adding them back in down the throats of their own people today speaks volume to what they will do to try to win the election.

Just because they were forced to make the amendment doesn't change the fact they really didn't want to.

Watch the floor vote yourself on the following post by Roy who obviouly has better computer skills! Thanks Roy!
Last edited by glockstero on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Just like the Obamacare bill......

Post by RoyGBiv »

I just posted this in another thread...
It's worthy of it's own thread, IMO..

:tiphat:

Here's the embedded video... What a disaster...

[youtube][/youtube]
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
glockstero
Banned

Post by glockstero »

Sorry bout that Roy! :oops:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

glockstero wrote:Sorry bout that Roy! :oops:
No.. I think it's good for this to have its own thread... I was just being lazy.. ;-)

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by powerboatr »

it sure didnt sound like 2/3rd vote carried...it sounded pretty dead even split....
they could have done a roll call vote ....bet that would have been eye opening :mrgreen:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 4

Post by chasfm11 »

glockstero wrote:Just like they did with the Obamacare bill the selfish democrats ram a position down the throats of the people....this time their own people. The fact that GOD was removed from their platform this election as well as Jerusalem being the capitol of Israel speaks volumes to the agenda of the democrat leadership. The fact that they had to ram an amendment adding them back in down the throats of their own people today speaks volume to what they will do to try to win the election.

Just because they were forced to make the amendment doesn't change the fact they really didn't want to.

Watch the floor vote yourself on the following post by Roy who obviouly has better computer skills! Thanks Roy!
The fact is that the RNC is no better. Both parties are run be Elites who are more than willing to subjugate the people.
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/08/28/r ... ervatives/

The sooner that we acknowledge that the "us versus them" is not Dems versus GOP and that it is populace versus the Elites, the better that we are going to be. Otherwise, we just keep swapping groups whose goal is subjugation.

I want to see the Dems defeated. But Reince Preibus and his minions have not much more regard for the common man.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
glockstero
Banned

Post by glockstero »

Well gee Chas, a disagreement at the RNC convention over rules regarding convention dates is a whole lot different than a disagreement at the DNC convention over placing GOD back into their party platform and confirming Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel.

The take-away from the democrat convention is that the leadership of the democrats consciously removed GOD from their platform this year as well as acknowledging Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel. When their actions became risky to their re-election they had to forcibly make the changes AGAINST their delegates.

Message is clear....democrats don't align with GOD or Jews but are willing to hide that fact to win an election. :rules:

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

glockstero wrote:Well gee Chas, a disagreement at the RNC convention over rules regarding convention dates is a whole lot different than a disagreement at the DNC convention over placing GOD back into their party platform and confirming Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel.

The take-away from the democrat convention is that the leadership of the democrats consciously removed GOD from their platform this year as well as acknowledging Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel. When their actions became risky to their re-election they had to forcibly make the changes AGAINST their delegates.

Message is clear....democrats don't align with GOD or Jews but are willing to hide that fact to win an election. :rules:
I suspect we are closer to agreement than it might seem.

The point I was trying to make is that the rank and file of the Democratic representatives, in their extreme view of dismissing God and Jerusalem, was overruled by the Democratic Party Elite. Like you, I don't think that it was done out of a sense that it was the right thing to do but out of intense firestorm of criticism that erupted out of the original decision. Both parties have Elites that drive decisions based on winning elections, not about what is the true facts about the position that they represent.

In the case of the GOP, the rules change allows the RNC to change any rule that they want at will. There was also a rule which allowed them to select their own State representatives but that one managed to get defeated. Even with out it, the RNC pretty much controls everything. Those of us who provided the grassroots support to get GOP candidates elected can pretty much take a hike.

I understand the GOP motivation. They are deathly afraid of the Ron Paul supporters (termed the Paul-bots) and would do ANYTHING to make sure that those people have no say. I'm not now nor have I ever been a Ron Paul supporter. But I don't see the underlying issue (disenfranchisement) any differently than I see similar action by some against the 2nd amendment.

I firmly believe that the Dem convention attendees fully support the original platform. Their voices should have been heard so that the platform could stand before the American voting public for the folly that it is. The Dem Elite group trying to homogenize it into something that is more palatable to voters masks the true intent of what will happen if the Dems are elected. I think that the voting public should get a chance to vote on what is really believed, not what is tempered for voter consumption. The later, in my opinion, is exactly what happened the last Presidential election.
Dum Spiro, Spero

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

When I read Chas's word "Elite", my initial reaction is to say that they're trying to win an election, they're "leading"... Leaders get elected to get the job done and the leaders of the DNC are forcing an update to the platform without which they will have a harder time getting their candidate elected... The action strives to serve the best interest of their party, even though it goes against the apparent wishes of the delegates.

I'm not sure I would crucify the party leaders for forcing this, although I do understand what Chas is saying and don't disagree with him comfortable or easily....

That said, I was laughing all the way to the voting booth this evening, after watching that video... Clearly (to me) they did not have the 2/3 voice vote they needed and that tape (CSPAN, even better weapon than FOX) will haunt them for some time.

The GOP must surely be enjoying the DNC thus far.
Will be interesting to see what Mr. Clinton says tonight.
Sure would be nice to see him come out sitting on the fence.... Wishful thinking, I know.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I have finally learned what 2/3 means. Thanks to the dems.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I was watching an interview yesterday morning Sen. Dick Durbin being interviewed by Fox News's Bret Baier regarding the platform wording changes, and Durbin's reaction was so shockingly negative that it was visceral.

Now Bret Baier is is neither a confrontational reporter nor one who wears his conservatism, if he is indeed a conservative, on his sleeve. I actually regard him as being representative of what an anchor/reporter should be. Durbin repeatedly accused him of trying to attack democrats. Baier, to his credit, did not lose his equilibrium or calm, and he remained respectful, and he said repeatedly, that no, he was not trying to stir the pot, and that the absence of language concerning God, and Israel was notable by its absence, given that the party platforms in 2000, 2004, and 2008 had that language.

Dick Durbin has really earned his first name. Here is a link to the interview video: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/eri ... _blog.html
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

RoyGBiv wrote:When I read Chas's word "Elite", my initial reaction is to say that they're trying to win an election, they're "leading"... Leaders get elected to get the job done and the leaders of the DNC are forcing an update to the platform without which they will have a harder time getting their candidate elected... The action strives to serve the best interest of their party, even though it goes against the apparent wishes of the delegates.

I'm not sure I would crucify the party leaders for forcing this, although I do understand what Chas is saying and don't disagree with him comfortable or easily....

That said, I was laughing all the way to the voting booth this evening, after watching that video... Clearly (to me) they did not have the 2/3 voice vote they needed and that tape (CSPAN, even better weapon than FOX) will haunt them for some time.

The GOP must surely be enjoying the DNC thus far.
Will be interesting to see what Mr. Clinton says tonight.
Sure would be nice to see him come out sitting on the fence.... Wishful thinking, I know.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obfuscate There is a difference between obfuscation and leadership, at least in my book.

I hope that noone in the GOP has anything but a sense of urgency. Complacency in this close of a race could be the kiss of death. While I'm no fan of a Romney Presidency, I don't live in dread fear of it the way I do a second Obama term. If for no other reason that I cannot imagine at least two more Elena Keagans on the SCOTUS, a re-up of the Obama regime strikes fear into my heart for the survival of the 2nd Amendment, not to mention at least a dozen other vital topic areas. I'm on my knees every night, praying that the American voters don't buy into the soaring rhetoric over substance yet again.

I've given up hoping that anything that the Dems do will haunt them. That would take a media interested in the the truth. We don't have one of those.
Dum Spiro, Spero

O.F.Fascist

Post by O.F.Fascist »

chasfm11 wrote: The sooner that we acknowledge that the "us versus them" is not Dems versus GOP and that it is populace versus the Elites, the better that we are going to be. Otherwise, we just keep swapping groups whose goal is subjugation.

I want to see the Dems defeated. But Reince Preibus and his minions have not much more regard for the common man.
Yep there is plenty of corruption and cronyism in both parties. I mostly vote Republican but screw both parties, I donate my time and money to individual candidates not parties.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Not worthy of it's own thread since it's not any surprise that the DNC used a backdrop full of RUSSIAN Navy ships during a DNC speech given by retired Adm. John Nathman..

Story: http://www.navytimes.com/mobile/news/20 ... ute-091112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
While retired Adm. John Nathman, a former commander of Fleet Forces Command, honored vets as America’s best, the ships from the Russian Federation Navy were arrayed like sentinels on the big screen above.

These were the very Soviet-era combatants that Nathman and Cold Warriors like him had once squared off against.

“The ships are definitely Russian,” said noted naval author Norman Polmar after reviewing hi-resolution photos from the event. “There’s no question of that in my mind.”

Naval experts concluded the background was a photo composite of Russian ships that were overflown by what appear to be U.S. trainer jets. It remains unclear how or why the Democratic Party used what’s believed to be images of the Russian Black Sea Fleet at their convention.

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

RoyGBiv wrote:When I read Chas's word "Elite", my initial reaction is to say that they're trying to win an election, they're "leading"... Leaders get elected to get the job done and the leaders of the DNC are forcing an update to the platform without which they will have a harder time getting their candidate elected... The action strives to serve the best interest of their party, even though it goes against the apparent wishes of the delegates.
Someone 'leading' wouldn't have put that platform out with the omission in the first place. At least, a leader with any grounding in the political realities that exist now in the US. Changing that at the 11th hour was responding to focus group polling data, NOT leading.

I STRONGLY disagreed wiht the GOP rule change. But I think the GOP uppers were worried about a Ron Paul insurrection. He had said a few things that they took as a threat to lead some challenges on the convention floor. Again, that was response out of fear of a perceived threat. A true leader would face the challenge.

But those are just my opinions and are worth what you paid for them.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”