Oklahoma Law

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Richard_B
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Oklahoma Law

Post by Richard_B »

I noticed that Oklahoma had a change in the law, effective November 1st, which allows CHL holders to carry openly. There was also an article which indicated that it is the 44th State to permit some form of open carry.

Is anyone aware of an effort to amend the Texas CHL law to allow open carry by CHL holders?

Thanks in advance.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Oklahoma Law

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It's virtually certain an open-carry bill will be filed in Texas prior to or during the 2013 legislative session. When a bill is filed, it will be added to the Bill Status Report.

Chas.

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AEA »

That's GREAT news Charles. I hope it is sponsored/written correctly and gets some legs.

Not that I intend to open carry regularly, but it would be nice to have the option and join the other States that have exercised their rights. :thumbs2:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

AEA wrote:That's GREAT news Charles. I hope it is sponsored/written correctly and gets some legs.
Me too!! Much will depend upon who drives the legislation and submits a bill. If the same bill filled last session is filed again, then it will be problematic.

Chas.

Topic author
Richard_B
Banned

Post by Richard_B »

Thanks for the update, Charles.

I don't recall the particulars of the bill from last session. What were the problem areas in it?

Do you think the bill that will be filed will be an open carry for CHL holders, like the Oklahoma law, or an open carry for anyone not disqualified by law?

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

Richard_B wrote:I don't recall the particulars of the bill from last session. What were the problem areas in it?
As I recall, it was much more complicated than necessary. By touching so many parts of the penal code, it opened the door to bad amendments by the likes of Lucio, Straus, Gallegos, and Burnam.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”