Texas Prepares for Sovereignty

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kythas
Posts in topic: 1

Texas Prepares for Sovereignty

Post by Kythas »

Rep James White has filed the Texas Self Sufficiency Act, which studies what impact a Federal default would have on Texas so we can be prepared. I'm glad to see our legislators being pro-active for once.

http://texasgopvote.com/issues/stop-big ... lf-0050411
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas Prepares for Sovereignty

Post by RPB »

Interesting-Thanks, I'll tweet that ... should get a bunch of people all riled up and awake for Obama Inauguration on MLK Day where Obama uses Bible from a victim of Racist gun control laws for his Oath to uphold constitution. (I won't be watching, I have a 4'x4' square hole to dig in the front yard to mount my new 6' C-band satellite dish mount in concrete and dirt don't move itself, I been doing a little every day for a while.... eat an elephant 1 spoon at a time/little strokes fell big oaks and all that)

I already put my US flag at half mast out front this morning ... I need to go buy me a Texas one in a bit, started to a couple times before but they hardware store keeps selling out :txflag: .
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Choctaw

Post by Choctaw »

RPB wrote:Interesting-Thanks, I'll tweet that ... should get a bunch of people all riled up and awake for Obama Inauguration on MLK Day where Obama uses Bible from a victim of Racist gun control laws for his Oath to uphold constitution. (I won't be watching, I have a 4'x4' square hole to dig in the front yard to mount my new 6' C-band satellite dish mount in concrete and dirt don't move itself, I been doing a little every day for a while.... eat an elephant 1 spoon at a time/little strokes fell big oaks and all that)

I already put my US flag at half mast out front this morning ... I need to go buy me a Texas one in a bit, started to a couple times before but they hardware store keeps selling out :txflag: .
I stopped flying the US flag about 2 yrs ago. I fly the Texas flag AND the Gasden flag flanking my front porch.
35 days...mailbox to mailbox

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Bottom line, this is a great bill and it is really thinking ahead. With the way America is going, it is a very real possibility that federal funds to Texas could be drastically limited or even cut off completely in the event of a financial collapse. Texas needs to be ready and know what to expect.
I agree with Mr. Bellow on this. We (as a state) do need to consider what a Federal disruption might look like. I suspect that at best it'd only be about half right, but it's a darn sight more than anyone else has suggested. And, it's not even "imflammatory" and should'nt get ridiculed by the MSM.

Representative White is to be commended for suggesting something that's forward looking and very important.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

jmra

Post by jmra »

Interesting times ahead. Almost sounds like Texas is prepping. :biggrinjester:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

jmra wrote:Interesting times ahead. Almost sounds like Texas is prepping. :biggrinjester:
At least saber rattling and chest pounding
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

jmra wrote:Interesting times ahead. Almost sounds like Texas is prepping. :biggrinjester:
Well that was going to be the special two-week season finale, but now you've told everyone and ruined the surprise. I hope you're happy... :biggrinjester:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

it's sad we're at this point, but I'm glad someone is thinking about it
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”