Janet Napolitano to Resign

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Janet Napolitano to Resign

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Dadtodabone wrote:
TAM wrote:
You have to ask yourself, from whence did an additional 460,546 democrat voters suddenly materialize, in an allegedly conservative (ahem....BORDER) state?
Dead people, folks who have never left the Res their entire life, California transplants, and yes the odd illegal immigrant or two. Net migration from other states between 2000 and 2006 was 541,000 people or 12% of the 2000 population. A childhood friend in a command position with AZ DPS told me that from Jan 2001 to March 2007 they processed an average of 134 California drivers license surrenders and re-issued Arizona drivers licenses per business day. Almost 250,000 for the period.
Whites are 60% of the Population, Hispanics 29%, Blacks 4%, Native Americans 6%.
Doesn't change the eventual outcome for the state. It's not going to be a bastion of conservatism/libertarianism for much longer.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dadtodabone »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
TAM wrote:
You have to ask yourself, from whence did an additional 460,546 democrat voters suddenly materialize, in an allegedly conservative (ahem....BORDER) state?
Dead people, folks who have never left the Res their entire life, California transplants, and yes the odd illegal immigrant or two. Net migration from other states between 2000 and 2006 was 541,000 people or 12% of the 2000 population. A childhood friend in a command position with AZ DPS told me that from Jan 2001 to March 2007 they processed an average of 134 California drivers license surrenders and re-issued Arizona drivers licenses per business day. Almost 250,000 for the period.
Whites are 60% of the Population, Hispanics 29%, Blacks 4%, Native Americans 6%.
Doesn't change the eventual outcome for the state. It's not going to be a bastion of conservatism/libertarianism for much longer.
You asked a question, I answered it to the best of my ability.
And you are right in your belief that AZ has perhaps irrevocably slipped away from it's former political stance. That is, until the APS bill gets so high that you can't afford to run your a/c 8 months a year and the snowbirds and their California cousins go home. "rlol"
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

The Annoyed Man

Dadtodabone wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
TAM wrote:
You asked a question, I answered it to the best of my ability.
And you are right in your belief that AZ has perhaps irrevocably slipped away from it's former political stance. That is, until the APS bill gets so high that you can't afford to run your a/c 8 months a year and the snowbirds and their California cousins go home. "rlol"
I realize that California's population is decreasing to emigration. I am myself a California transplant to Texas in 2006.....and for much the same reasons that most of the others have left....I followed my job. I even considered that in my original post, but concluded that since most reports I've read in the past (no, I can't recall any specific links off-hand) stated that those CA transplants were mostly moving to Texas, I perhaps inaccurately discounted the number that moved to Arizona. But you're right in one thing.....AZ lacks the resources to get much bigger and be sustainable. As soon as they can't run their AC in July and August, they'll start moving to cooler climes.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Arizona is also illustrative of the modern fallacy of American rugged individualism. Massive public works projects needed to support a burgeoning population and agriculture, small tax base due to the vast amount of Federally controlled land, limited recoverable resources and continued reliance on the Feds to maintain the house of cards has given the lie to that trope and rendered Arizona and really all of the Sage Brush States, less than what they were.
I've watched AZ roll down the path blazed by CA, with similar results for the people and culture, and now watch with trepidation as Organizing for America, et al, set up shop here in Texas.

The Annoyed Man

Dadtodabone wrote:Arizona is also illustrative of the modern fallacy of American rugged individualism. Massive public works projects needed to support a burgeoning population and agriculture, small tax base due to the vast amount of Federally controlled land, limited recoverable resources and continued reliance on the Feds to maintain the house of cards has given the lie to that trope and rendered Arizona and really all of the Sage Brush States, less than what they were.
I've watched AZ roll down the path blazed by CA, with similar results for the people and culture, and now watch with trepidation as Organizing for America, et al, set up shop here in Texas.
There is a trilogy of novels which many on this forum are familiar with: the Enemies, Foreign and Domestic series by Matthew Bracken. In the 2nd book, he postulates in a very credible way, the loss of most of California and Nevada, and all of AZ and NM, part of CO, and the western part of TX to the formation of Aztlán‎, with catastrophic results for the gringos who hold out there, hoping that because they were "good guys," their human rights would be respected. In the novel, the federal government provides only token resistance to the idea, and eventual collusion with it. As I recall, the part of TX that would be carved off for the new Aztlán‎, would be from the southwestern angle of the panhandle, southeast to about Corpus Christi, San Antonio included.

It's just fiction, but it does make you think. A large part of our national boundaries are purely on paper, and not necessarily divided by geography. Deserts don't seem to count anymore.

#TINVOWOOT

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Deserts don't seem to count anymore.
Not when you can't defend yourself, your family, or your property from illegal immigrants and drug runners, http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-baja ... the-story/
And you are required to install water fountains for them, double/sidestep fence to stop them from cutting your fence and finding your cows(they are stupid)on someone else's pasture or water or dead because they couldn't get back to yours, or being roasted at an impromptu barbeque in the middle of the night.

The Annoyed Man

BTW, Napolitano is making out alright..... She will be stepping away from a paltry $200,000 per year (plus bennies + perks) to a healthy $601,000 per year (with better bennies and perks).

#TINVOWOOT

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

I'd do a happy dance for the toad's departure if I wasn't certain Himmler's doppelgänger will be the next one out up for office.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

SherwoodForest
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SherwoodForest »

The timing - I suspect - is to facilitate Obama's replacing her with a "recess" appointment of someone even less interested in " homeland security".

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

mamabearCali wrote:I'd do a happy dance for the toad's departure if I wasn't certain Himmler's doppelgänger will be the next one out up for office.
Wow, Mamabear. I am impressed.

I there are few who despize the current administration more than I and I think you are one of the few. Nicely played.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

anygunanywhere wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:I'd do a happy dance for the toad's departure if I wasn't certain Himmler's doppelgänger will be the next one out up for office.
Wow, Mamabear. I am impressed.

I there are few who despize the current administration more than I and I think you are one of the few. Nicely played.

Anygunanywhere

It is apparent to me that those in power right now are only constrained by what they think they can get away with. They are amoral would be despots. If it was within their power to wave a wand and kill every person, man, woman, and child that disagreed with them I am fairly certain they would do it and sleep fine. It is appears to me that their consciences are seared and nothing but what they think the people will tolerate constrains them.

The Jewish people were exterminated in Germany because good people did nothing and thought the rhetoric shouted was empty words. I do not intend to go into that good night silently. This admin rails against Christians, conservatives, and the western ideals (limited govt, rule of law) that have made this country great. If a person says they hate you and wish they had a means to dispose of you, believe them.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”