Shots fired at LA airport Terminal 3

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

texanjoker

Re: Shots fired at LA airport Terminal 3

Post by texanjoker »

The photos they are showing appears to be a rifle on the ground with a possible hand grip. I guess we will know soon enough. Assault rifles are already banned in CA. The law defines an assault rifle as have 2 more more characteristics ie pistol grip; high cap magazine (centerfire); muzzle/flash suppressor; collapsible stock. ect.

Example:

stock Mini 14 is LEGAL in CA.

Add a folding/pistol grip stock and flash suppressor or high cap magazine and it is now a illegal assault rifle.

gguess66
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gguess66 »

gguess66 wrote:
TrackinPat wrote:
gguess66 wrote:So is this going to cause another run on ARs? Should I go and get the one I want on Monday?
Go get it RIGHT NOW. Not really, but be prepared for a week or two of ammo price scares... :cryin :cryin
Just called GT Distributors and going to pick up my Colt LE6920MOE
On Monday after I drop my son off at school

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

They are saying he shot the TSA agent and then ran up stairs... unarmed TSA a real threat that works about as good as a gun free sign..I imagine they will now call for arming TSA :smash: .

terryg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by terryg »

texanjoker wrote:They are saying he shot the TSA agent and then ran up stairs... unarmed TSA a real threat that works about as good as a gun free sign..I imagine they will now call for arming TSA :smash: .
That is exactly what I told my wife. Just one more step toward the eventual police state. :banghead: :banghead:
... this space intentionally left blank ...

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

terryg wrote:
texanjoker wrote:They are saying he shot the TSA agent and then ran up stairs... unarmed TSA a real threat that works about as good as a gun free sign..I imagine they will now call for arming TSA :smash: .
That is exactly what I told my wife. Just one more step toward the eventual police state. :banghead: :banghead:
Yup.. Fox saying it is reported LEO's engaged in gun fire with the suspect and took him down. The system worked. We don't need armed TSA. Arming them would come with a cost as well because if I were TSA I'd demand a pay raise for the added responsibility of being armed. They are also saying a TSA is dead. Regardless what I think of the TSA system that is tragic. :patriot:

ChoqPOC
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ChoqPOC »

gguess66 wrote:
TrackinPat wrote:
gguess66 wrote:So is this going to cause another run on ARs? Should I go and get the one I want on Monday?
Go get it RIGHT NOW. Not really, but be prepared for a week or two of ammo price scares... :cryin :cryin
I am looking for two of these for my husband and I... Looks like our timeline just got pushed up drastically.
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

gguess66

Post by gguess66 »

ChoqPOC wrote:
gguess66 wrote:
TrackinPat wrote:
I am looking for two of these for my husband and I... Looks like our timeline just got pushed up drastically.
I called GT this morning they will hold a rifle for 5 days if they have it in stock.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

gguess66 wrote:I called GT this morning they will hold a rifle for 5 days if they have it in stock.
Will they hold it for a longer time, if they don't have it in stock? ;-)
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Press conference LIVE

I am PROUD of my brothers in blue that went in, engaged, and took out the suspect :tiphat:

gguess66

Post by gguess66 »

n5wd wrote:
gguess66 wrote:I called GT this morning they will hold a rifle for 5 days if they have it in stock.
Will they hold it for a longer time, if they don't have it in stock? ;-)
Not sure check there website and give them a call.

972-682-2600

Topic author
TrackinPat
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TrackinPat »

texanjoker wrote:Press conference LIVE

I am PROUD of my brothers in blue that went in, engaged, and took out the suspect :tiphat:
Yes sir, thank god for them, and you! :patriot:

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I guess we have all realized that the most dangerous part of flying was waiting in line at security at the airport.

I'm really kind of surprised it was ( I am assuming) a nut case rather than a terrorist.

Standing in those long dense packed lines, it didn't take to much imagination to believe a deadicated terrorist or a nut case looking for a lot of kills could achieve his dream there.

Doubt we will hear about the dangers of gun free zones but that's all it screams out to me.

RIP poor TSA guy. No doubt he or she was one of the nice ones and like me was looking forward to the weekend.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

philip964 wrote:I guess we have all realized that the most dangerous part of flying was waiting in line at security at the airport.

I'm really kind of surprised it was ( I am assuming) a nut case rather than a terrorist.

Standing in those long dense packed lines, it didn't take to much imagination to believe a deadicated terrorist or a nut case looking for a lot of kills could achieve his dream there.

Doubt we will hear about the dangers of gun free zones but that's all it screams out to me.

RIP poor TSA guy. No doubt he or she was one of the nice ones and like me was looking forward to the weekend.

I say this every time: more copy cats will follow thanks to all the news coverage :smash: This cycle is endless and fuels many agendas to include the gun control lobby and political interests for more restrictions on law abiding citizens. The conspiracy websites will whine about the militarization of the police.

On top of all that: We will soon read how the leo's should have shot the suspect in the leg because he was just about to turn his life around.

StewNTexas

Post by StewNTexas »

We may have to call bull on this whole report. This supposedly happened in Californistan, and would obviously be a gun free zone. Add to that the iddy-biddy magazines are the only ones allowed.

Probably will have to wait for an unbiased and objective report, if such a thing still exists.
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

ChoqPOC
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ChoqPOC »

gguess66 wrote:
ChoqPOC wrote:
gguess66 wrote:
TrackinPat wrote:
I called GT this morning they will hold a rifle for 5 days if they have it in stock.
Good to know, thank you for sharing. I did call to check their stock after I saw your original post... I will definitely call back to have two held.
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”