Shots fired at LA airport Terminal 3

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

texanjoker

Re: Shots fired at LA airport Terminal 3

Post by texanjoker »

ChoqPOC wrote:
Abraham wrote:gguess66,

If you don't mind, how much will it cost?

I paid $1147.00 for my Colt LE 6920 FDE Magpul configuration this past summer.

Thanks!
I just bought the LE6920, no magpul because I want the magpul furniture to be pink (insert jokes here) and a quadrail. I paid $995, THE BEST price I've seen. The magpul edition was only $1059. I want it thank gguess66 for posting about this place. They have EVERYTHING I've been searching high and low online to find. GT Distributors is an awesome awesome place!

Yup - I buy all my police gear there and all my 'toys'

ChoqPOC
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ChoqPOC »

texanjoker wrote:
ChoqPOC wrote:
Abraham wrote:gguess66,

If you don't mind, how much will it cost?

I paid $1147.00 for my Colt LE 6920 FDE Magpul configuration this past summer.

Thanks!
I just bought the LE6920, no magpul because I want the magpul furniture to be pink (insert jokes here) and a quadrail. I paid $995, THE BEST price I've seen. The magpul edition was only $1059. I want it thank gguess66 for posting about this place. They have EVERYTHING I've been searching high and low online to find. GT Distributors is an awesome awesome place!

Yup - I buy all my police gear there and all my 'toys'
Best kept secret!
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
CoffeeNut wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:It was NOT an "assault rifle". An EYEWITNESS said he saw a pump-shotgun and a handgun. Watch the video here:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tsa-agent-kill ... d=20754881

The type of firearms are mentioned at the end of the video. More false reporting, most likely, just like the initial reports about the Navy Yard shooter.
Then what was the photo I saw of an LAPD officer standing over an AR-15 looking rifle and a 30 round magazine off to the side along with what looked like blood?

Source
Couldn't tell you. But I know what the man in the video said...and I know how much the media hates firearms.

And looking at the pic, it looks more like a "tactical" Mini-14 with a multi-position stock.
Maybe it was one of these:

Remington 7615 Tactical Rifle:

.223, takes AR15 magazines, pump action.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:
CoffeeNut wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:It was NOT an "assault rifle". An EYEWITNESS said he saw a pump-shotgun and a handgun. Watch the video here:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tsa-agent-kill ... d=20754881

The type of firearms are mentioned at the end of the video. More false reporting, most likely, just like the initial reports about the Navy Yard shooter.
Then what was the photo I saw of an LAPD officer standing over an AR-15 looking rifle and a 30 round magazine off to the side along with what looked like blood?

Source
Couldn't tell you. But I know what the man in the video said...and I know how much the media hates firearms.

And looking at the pic, it looks more like a "tactical" Mini-14 with a multi-position stock.
Maybe it was one of these:

Remington 7615 Tactical Rifle:
[ Image ]

.223, takes AR15 magazines, pump action.
Even if it's not, I want one of those!
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

howdy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by howdy »

I saw an over top picture of the rifle today and it was an AR-15. He goes in with 5 magazines and only kills one person and wounds two more. I am not downplaying the tragedy of this for the dead TSA Agent or his family, but as crowded as a LAX terminal is, especially at the security checkpoint line, that seems like the shooter really wasn't all that interested in killing lots of people.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

gguess66
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gguess66 »

Suicide by cop possibly?

ChoqPOC

Post by ChoqPOC »

gguess66 wrote:Suicide by cop possibly?
I thought the same thing. He definitely appeared to have a plan and I believe he wanted it to end in his death. Sad.
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

howdy wrote:I saw an over top picture of the rifle today and it was an AR-15. He goes in with 5 magazines and only kills one person and wounds two more. I am not downplaying the tragedy of this for the dead TSA Agent or his family, but as crowded as a LAX terminal is, especially at the security checkpoint line, that seems like the shooter really wasn't all that interested in killing lots of people.
Where did you see the picture? I'd like to look at that. I'm still wondering about the eyewitness. He seemed to know what a pump-shotgun looks like, so I'm curious if the assailant had multiple weapons.

* Edited to add the following link and statement:

http://bearingarms.com/first-image-emer ... questions/

Alright, I went and found another picture of it. Different angle than the previous photo I had seen. Now I know why it looked funny in the other picture. It does indeed appear to be an AR of some sort with a "flat-top" receiver, however, the rear iron sight is folded down, making it impossible to properly aim the rifle except at VERY close quarters. Always something very fishy about these incidents.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

It appears he was mad at TSA. One person said that the shooter asked him if he was TSA, when he answered no the shooter moved on.

Topic author
TrackinPat
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TrackinPat »

MeMelYup wrote:It appears he was mad at TSA. One person said that the shooter asked him if he was TSA, when he answered no the shooter moved on.
He was upset because he believed his rights were being violated with the security procedures I believe is what his letter said.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

TrackinPat wrote:He was upset because he believed his rights were being violated with the security procedures I believe is what his letter said.
I kinda figured this would start with some dad/uncle/husband flipping out on the spot over how the TSA was treating his daughter/niece/wife and getting into a fist-fight.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
howdy wrote:I saw an over top picture of the rifle today and it was an AR-15. He goes in with 5 magazines and only kills one person and wounds two more. I am not downplaying the tragedy of this for the dead TSA Agent or his family, but as crowded as a LAX terminal is, especially at the security checkpoint line, that seems like the shooter really wasn't all that interested in killing lots of people.
Where did you see the picture? I'd like to look at that. I'm still wondering about the eyewitness. He seemed to know what a pump-shotgun looks like, so I'm curious if the assailant had multiple weapons.

Alright, I went and found another picture of it. Different angle than the previous photo I had seen. Now I know why it looked funny in the other picture. It does indeed appear to be an AR of some sort with a "flat-top" receiver, however, the rear iron sight is folded down, making it impossible to properly aim the rifle except at VERY close quarters. Always something very fishy about these incidents.

I read how he had legally purchased the guns in LA. You CANNOT purchase a regular AR15 in CA as they are taboo. He also could not purchase 30 round magazines in CA. Now he could have gone to AZ and bought the magazines and illegally brought them into CA, but the AR itself isn't making much sense. So what was he armed with?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Had to be one of those gun show loophole purchases we are always reading about.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Another possibility occurs to me…

The "eyewitness" in the video emphatically said it was a pump action shotgun, and yet we appear to have proof that it was in fact an AR15. Perhaps he didn't actually SEE the gun, but he heard the charging handle being cycled and assumed that it was a pump being cycled. He also described a loud "BOOM" (as opposed to a sharp "crack" or "pop") which to him sounded like a shotgun … but contained within the confines of a cavernous terminal, it may well have sounded more like a boom than the sharp bark of a small caliber rifle out doors.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

texanjoker wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:

I read how he had legally purchased the guns in LA. You CANNOT purchase a regular AR15 in CA as they are taboo. He also could not purchase 30 round magazines in CA. Now he could have gone to AZ and bought the magazines and illegally brought them into CA, but the AR itself isn't making much sense. So what was he armed with?
That is what I am wondering. I spent a total of 10 years in NorCal at the behest of our Uncle Sam, and left there in 2010. Any AR the shooter might have gotten would have had a "bullet button" installed, and if the guy didn't even know how to raise the rear sight, would he have had enough knowledge to swap a bullet button for a real magazine release? And neither Arizona nor Nevada would sell an AR to anyone who had a New Jersey or California driver's license.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”