Angry at Sprouts!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Angry at Sprouts!

Post by EEllis »

Oldgringo wrote: Really? When it comes time to produce a copy of the correspondence....
What, like to a court or something? You then turn over a giant electronic file with all the paperwork. I did a contract job for Chevron last year and everything ends up stored electronically. Originals may get filed but are not used for any real purpose and e-mail gets precedence.

el_chupo_

Post by el_chupo_ »

Exactly as noted, there is no issue with producing an electronic copy of the correspondence for any legal requirements.

Im sure some places have different requirements, but I know how picky our Compliance department is for maintaining records for legal and reporting purposes, and we have not been storing actual paper docs for many years. Even before we went electronic, we were storing a lot of stuff on microfiche, and we moved to full electronic about 10-12 years ago, finally getting rid of all of our older methods and getting things converted to electronic.

I am not saying that writing a letter is bad, or wont get the appropriate response (whatever that ends up being), just stating that email is not only faster and easier for the consumer, it greatly speeds up handling time, ease of correspondence and storage, and is still considered "written correspondence", at least for us.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Oldgringo »

Granted e-mail is by far the easiest and most contemporary for both sender and receiver. It is also the easiest to have "never been received".

Otherwise, y'all win. :leaving

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

I don't put that much faith in the USPS. Keep in mind, you can request delivery and read receipts on email.

Bottom line, use whichever method you feel most comfortable using. The main thing is to speak up.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

92f-fan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 92f-fan »

Oldgringo wrote:Granted e-mail is by far the easiest and most contemporary for both sender and receiver. It is also the easiest to have "never been received".

And JUST like a return receipt paper letter there are ways to legally certify receipt of email as well
Electronic Document management is big business and very complete.

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

Oldgringo wrote:Granted e-mail is by far the easiest and most contemporary for both sender and receiver. It is also the easiest to have "never been received".

With many companies that isn't true. It is easier to throw mail out than delete email because all emails are automaticlly saved.

jmra
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jmra »

Taken at the Sprouts in Cedar Hill today
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

jmra wrote:Taken at the Sprouts in Cedar Hill today
[ Image ]
It appears that they don't care for CHL business? Has anyone noted this on the 30.06 site?

mtn44

Post by mtn44 »

Yes it has been noted on the 30.06 site. I got notified a few weeks ago as the Cedar Hill location is near me.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

mtn44 wrote:Yes it has been noted on the 30.06 site. I got notified a few weeks ago as the Cedar Hill location is near me.
Agreed, I got notified when Flower Mound was posted.

As far as email vs post, I have won a suit (still not paid though) based almost entirely off electronically signed documents and email correspondence. OTOH, I was intent on sending my gripe via post. I sent it to the CEO Andrew Jhawar who took over in April this year (hmmmm) and never even got an email saying thank you for the correspondence. On this my wife suggested I resend it to Shon Boney, co founder (certified, return receipt) with cc's going to other board members. Her thinking being that possibly the CEO's Indian lineage contributed to his anti-gun stance and unresponsiveness. I'll report back if I get anywhere with the reposts.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

GEM-Texas

Post by GEM-Texas »

I have just noticed their signs the other day in San Antonio, they went up over the weekend.

Besides e-mailing them, I suggest facebook - https://www.facebook.com/SproutsFarmersMarket?ref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and yelp.com reviews.

I talked to the local manager and he said many employees were against the signs.

sooperdooper

Post by sooperdooper »

I checked out their facebook page and there was a lot of activity I posted the picture of the sign as well as commented. Soon after they released a snipit about their policy. It has really stirred up the nest. Hopefully they see the light.
46 days MB to MB

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chasfm11 »

sooperdooper wrote:I checked out their facebook page and there was a lot of activity I posted the picture of the sign as well as commented. Soon after they released a snipit about their policy. It has really stirred up the nest. Hopefully they see the light.
Not likely. I suspect that the management team is true Lib and they would allow the chain to fold before giving in to allowing concealed carry in their stores.

We haven't been back since the signs went up. Checking their parking lot, I don't see a noticeable difference
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WildBill »

austex58 wrote:On a side note, I went to the grand opening of the newest Whole Foods in Austin tonight. Really a great store and without the silly anti-gun policy. So, no I won't be back and be part of your delusional family, but thanks.
I think that this kind of statement is counterproductive. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”