Mass. Commission recommends stricter gun control

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Mass. Commission recommends stricter gun control

Post by philip964 »

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/0 ... aign=sm_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Gomer Pile voice) Surprise Surprise.

So what do you do when you have some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation and there is a school shooting in a near by state with strict gun control. Well you make yours even stricter.

What is interesting here is that they are going for mental health tests to own any gun.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mass. Commission recommends stricter gun control

Post by philip964 »

Next story is about how campus assaults are up in Boston.
They are clueless as to why.

JSThane
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JSThane »

philip964 wrote:Next story is about how campus assaults are up in Boston.
They are clueless as to why.
Sadly, no they are not. They know exactly why, and they still persist.

Laneman

Post by Laneman »

My favorite quote from the article is “The members, both pro and con, are ready for it,” DeLeo said. “I think this will be the year.”. This is typical liberal logic.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

philip964 wrote:http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/0 ... aign=sm_tw

So what do you do when you have some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation and there is a school shooting in a near by state with strict gun control. Well you make yours even stricter.

What is interesting here is that they are going for mental health tests to own any gun.
They would benefit more from mental health and constitutional literacy tests before people can vote.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

jminn1

Post by jminn1 »

Excaliber wrote:

They would benefit more from mental health and constitutional literacy tests before people can vote.
Perhaps the same level of testing should be required to hold public office?
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's similar to the business principal of trying to make up a loss with volume.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Excaliber wrote:

You beat me to it.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”