Witaschek guilty of possessing muzzleloader bullets in DC

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Witaschek guilty of possessing muzzleloader bullets in D

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

misterlarry wrote:The Judge and Prosecution (persecution) Team should be the ones who are in jail.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

When anything comes out of Mordor on the Potomac I always assume the intent is evil and if I were a betting man that assumption would be a pretty safe bet.

Mordor on the Potomac. :cheers2:

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

While being equally disgusted, I wonder if this is not an opportunity to present this issue before SCOTUS.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:No thats the job of the attorney to provide that education. You don't expect a judge to be knowledgeable of all things. Thats not how it works.
Further, he can only apply the law as written (or thats what he's supposed to do...) so if the law is written poorly he has to follow it.

Now they've moved to Virginia. Does the defendant still work in DC? If not, just don't go back...
You have much more respect for bad law, poorly informed attorneys and judges, and malicious prosecutions than do I.
VMI77 wrote:When anything comes out of Mordor on the Potomac I always assume the intent is evil and if I were a betting man that assumption would be a pretty safe bet. The law itself though is evil on it's face no matter how it is written. Furthermore, when you understand that actual criminals with actual loaded guns on the street are caught and released, usually with probation and no jail time, then you understand that the enforcement of the law is also evil and intended to be evil. Every law that makes a felon out of someone for having a bullet or a live rifle, shotgun, or pistol round, or an empty magazine of whatever capacity, is evil and was passed with evil intent. You give these government criminals way too much credit when you write them off as merely stupid.
:iagree: ......I've been referring to DC as Mordor for several years now. And now, with all that has been coming to light in the past year about NSA spying on citizens, the oblique reference to the "All Seeing Eye" is even more appropriate.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

Found this online -- I don't testify to it's correctness.

DC’s definition of ammunition:

§ 7-2501.01. Definitions
(2)
“Ammunition” means cartridge
cases, shells, projectiles (including shot), primers, bullets (including restricted pistol bullets), propellant powder, or other devices or materials designed, redesigned, or intended for use in a firearm or destructive device
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

anygunanywhere wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:As if their overt attempts to subvert the 2nd Amendment based on some incorrect assumptions were not somehow evil? If they were not first evil, they would not have pursued him in the first place. It's not just the matter of an argument over definitions. If they were not first evil, they would not be seeking to imprison a man and add his name to a registry of "gun offenders" for possession of some simple lead balls.

I understand the argument that the "loyal opposition" is usually not evil, just poorly informed; but when you seek to put a man in prison and brand him for life because of your ignorance, then you are no longer poorly informed, you are evil. Prison, and a criminal record, are not merely a difference of opinion; they are a consequence which permanently affects the life of the person less ignorant.......and nobody else.

They are evil, and I would be happy if DC were burned to the ground as a consequence of the evil of malicious prosecutors.
I have heard there is a special place in hades for these types of evil individuals.

:iagree:
Right next to their buddies blocking campus carry, etc.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

sjfcontrol wrote:Found this online -- I don't testify to it's correctness.

DC’s definition of ammunition:

§ 7-2501.01. Definitions
(2)
“Ammunition” means cartridge
cases, shells, projectiles (including shot), primers, bullets (including restricted pistol bullets), propellant powder, or other devices or materials designed, redesigned, or intended for use in a firearm or destructive device
So the judge was following the law, unless the definition of firearm does not include blackpowder musketry. Bad law.
Moral of the story - don't live in Mordor USA... :mad5

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Would a .50 diameter lead fishing weight be illegal?

Would all round fishing weights be illegal?

I assume all fireworks are illegal.

What about powder actuated fasteners?

Nonsense.

Obviously a great case for SCOTUS. Or not, as they may agree, that the constitution allows Mordor.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

philip964 wrote:Would a .50 diameter lead fishing weight be illegal?

Nonsense.

Obviously a great case for SCOTUS. Or not, as they may agree, that the constitution allows Mordor.
Nail guns in construction use? You can hurt somebody with one of those.............
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Nonsense.

Nail guns in construction use? You can hurt somebody with one of those.............
You'll put your eye out, kid! :biggrinjester:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Nonsense.

Scuba tanks can explode. Propane can explode. Clearly all scuba and camping gear is deadly highly ilegal explosives.

Cars can explode. Allthose auto drivers are just ticking time bomb felons... :tiphat:

Actually I'd bet Texas has a very similar definition. How else would you define a cartridge and components? :confused5

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:

Nonsense.

Scuba tanks can explode. Propane can explode. Clearly all scuba and camping gear is deadly highly ilegal explosives.

Cars can explode. Allthose auto drivers are just ticking time bomb felons... :tiphat:

Actually I'd bet Texas has a very similar definition. How else would you define a cartridge and components? :confused5
The big difference is that the State of Texas doesn't brand one a criminal for having said cartridges and/or components in one's home.

bigbang

Post by bigbang »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
misterlarry wrote:The Judge and Prosecution (persecution) Team should be the ones who are in jail.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I don't think the Founding Fathers were so gentle toward officials who enforced the king's gun control laws. Maybe that's one of the reasons we lost so many of the rights they enshrined in the United States Constitution.
This is a Glock 40. Fifty Cent. Too Short. All of them talk about a Glock 40. OK?
I'm the only one in this forum fool enough - that I know of - to shoot himself with a Glock 40.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”