How police interrogations are done

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

How police interrogations are done

Post by Rex B »

I thought there was a "Legal issues" sub-forum, but this is as close as I could find. Feel free to move it.

Pretty interesting article about the nuts and bolts of a successful interrogation. and how to get through one with your innocence - or at least freedom - intact.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/police- ... gation.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

TomV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How police interrogations are done

Post by TomV »

I'll just stick with my right to remain silent and have a lawyer present.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

healthinsp wrote:I'll just stick with my right to remain silent and have a lawyer present.
That's the takeaway for sure. But in a high-stress, post-shooting environment, how strong will your resolve be in a closed room with professional interrogators.
Forewarned is fore-armed
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

jbarn
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbarn »

Rex B wrote:
healthinsp wrote:I'll just stick with my right to remain silent and have a lawyer present.
That's the takeaway for sure. But in a high-stress, post-shooting environment, how strong will your resolve be in a closed room with professional interrogators.
Forewarned is fore-armed
So someone may not remember to shut up, but they will, umder stress, be able to recall all of that when faced with professional interviewers?

I have been to several interview and interrogation schools, and have conducted many. My plan is to shut up and wait for my attorney. Once I ask for a lawyer, the questioning stops.......
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Then you are much better prepared than almost anyone else here.
Feel free to disregard my post.
-----------

jbarn
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbarn »

Rex B wrote:Then you are much better prepared than almost anyone else here.
Feel free to disregard my post.
You missed the point. Ask for an attorney and you won't be interrogated. And even someone versed in the art of interrogation should stop talking and ask for a lawyer. No talking until the attorney is with you.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

How are police interrogations done?

Have you ever purchased a car at a car dealership? The techniques the salesperson uses on you to "close the deal" are the EXACT same procedures used to interview and interrogate subjects/suspects.

I know a retired FBI agent that makes more money teaching people how to sell cars than he did as a Senior Special Agent with the FBI.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Last edited by LeonCarr on Tue May 06, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

LeonCarr wrote:How are police interrogations done?

Have you ever purchased a car at a car dealership? The techniques the salesperson uses on you to "close the deal" are the EXACT same procedures used to interview and interrogate subjects/suspects.

I know an retired FBI agent that makes more money teaching people how to sell cars than he did as a Senior Special Agent with the FBI.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Not surprising to me.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Rex B wrote:I thought there was a "Legal issues" sub-forum, but this is as close as I could find. Feel free to move it.

Pretty interesting article about the nuts and bolts of a successful interrogation. and how to get through one with your innocence - or at least freedom - intact.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/police- ... gation.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the post Rex B. I am always interested in this type of topic. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

That is the type of training the airlines should be giving their airport personnel. TSA could do with a big dose of it also. This would alleviate the need for all the high dollar machines at most airports and speed air terminal processing of passengers.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

sbrawley wrote:In other words, the first thing out of your mouth should be "I want to speak with my attorney"
Exactly.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
sbrawley wrote:In other words, the first thing out of your mouth should be "I want to speak with my attorney"
Exactly.
That would be extremely rude to say that to a complete stranger.
I would recommend the following: "Hello, my name is Wild Bill and I would like to speak with my attorney prior to answering any questions." :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

A lawyer told me that in the event of a shooting to identify the attacker, identify any weapons used, then stay quiet and get an attorney.

Something along the lines of "That man attacked me, with that knife. It is in the bush over there. He said he would kill me. Respectfully I would like to speak to an attorney before I answer any more questions."
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”