Target respectfully requests that you shop unarmed

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

asbandr
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Target respectfully requests that you shop unarmed

Post by asbandr »

I would imagine Target sending out a request for no guns would not be binding unless it's said directly to a customer in the store if theres no 30.06. Otherwise there's no way to ensure a customer heard it. Just because its a current hot topic in the gun community doesnt mean they can prove the customer got the notice. Then again raises the point that if you are properly concealed carrying, no questions necessitating that kind of notice should arise. This may not even be exactly what ya'll are referring to. If it's not just disregard my comment. I'm not the fastest cartridge in the mag. :smilelol5:
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

I believe they hit the bullseye when delivering their message to their target audience. :biggrinjester:

Simply put, they don't want people carrying rifles around in their store.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

Here's a guy that needs to go to jail. And maybe have a visit from CPS

Houston Area Man Recklessly Brandishes Firearm at Target
http://buzzpo.com/houston-area-man-reck ... rm-target/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then he posts it to the target FB page... :banghead:

At least our OCT buddies have responded appropriately on this one.

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

In the photo is he pointing his gun at his daughter?

At least his finger is pointed.

The antis really love help like this.

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by spongeworthy »

Hopefully he's dealt with by DPS and HPD appropriately. That is definitely brandishing a firearm, endangering a child, and probably a few other infractions as well.

[identity removed]

Not surprised... bonus rap video of parent of the year, also wielding firearm: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by spongeworthy on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Soooo. CJ thinks there is a legal definition of "Brandishing" in Texas? :grumble
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

myntalfloss
Posts in topic: 8

Post by myntalfloss »

sjfcontrol wrote:Soooo. CJ thinks there is a legal definition of "Brandishing" in Texas? :grumble
How very Clintonesque! (Depends on what your definition of is, is.)

While there isn't a specific law on 'Brandishing' in the penal code, they can charge you with disorderly conduct.
If it makes you feel better, (as they're stuffing you in the back of the cop car), you can shout "I'm not being arrested for brandishing!"

I'm sure there are some internet lawyers out there that will point out that he's not 'waving or flourishing' or that his display didn't cause alarm, but I don't think that will hold much water in front of the magistrate.

Or, maybe he just doesn't mind spending a few months of his life in the legal system or just enjoys spending money on legal fees.

Regardless,that guys a forking idiot!

bran·dish verb: To wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.

TEXAS PENAL CODE

TITLE 9. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND DECENCYw

CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

I have a funny feeling this is a hoax.

Texsquatch
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texsquatch »

Unfortunately, I don't think this is a hoax. I do wonder who took the pictures. Crazy wife or idiot friend?

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

myntalfloss wrote: bran·dish verb: To wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.

TEXAS PENAL CODE

TITLE 9. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND DECENCYw

CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
That probably wouldn't fit because it doesn't appear to me that his intention is calculated to alarm anyone. It would probably more likely that he would be charged with intentional failure to conceal. Especially since no one was alarmed at the time he did it and the only way anyone found out was that he was dumb enough to post it online.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

myntalfloss

Post by myntalfloss »

C-dub wrote:
That probably wouldn't fit because it doesn't appear to me that his intention is calculated to alarm anyone. It would probably more likely that he would be charged with intentional failure to conceal. Especially since no one was alarmed at the time he did it and the only way anyone found out was that he was dumb enough to post it online.
What do you think his intention was and how do you know no one was alarmed?

I don't alarm easily but if I saw this pinhead pull a piece in a dept store, alarmed wouldn't quite describe my feelings. This idiot shouldn't be allowed near a real gun. Or a child.

:mad5

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I'm alarmed and I just saw the picture on the internet.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I'd like to knock some sense into that Dad.

Rule #1 of OC. Don't play with your firearm. Unless you are going to shoot someone who needs shooting, don't touch it!

Rule #2 of OC. Have retention on your holster and keep your gun holstered.

Rule #3 if OC. Realize you are visible and that the manner in which you comport yourself reflects on the gun community as a whole. Don't act like an idiot or dress like a gangster. No showboating.

There are more rules, but those are the big three he broke in that picture.

As a person who would like to see more legal and normalized OC of handguns this type of stuff makes me want to :banghead: .
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

myntalfloss

Post by myntalfloss »

mamabearCali wrote:I'd like to knock some sense into that Dad.

Rule #1 of OC. Don't play with your firearm. Unless you are going to shoot someone who needs shooting, don't touch it!

Rule #2 of OC. Have retention on your holster and keep your gun holstered.

Rule #3 if OC. Realize you are visible and that the manner in which you comport yourself reflects on the gun community as a whole. Don't act like an idiot or dress like a gangster. No showboating.

There are more rules, but those are the big three he broke in that picture.

As a person who would like to see more legal and normalized OC of handguns this type of stuff makes me want to :banghead: .
I'm with you on the :banghead: , and while I'm not against OC, for the life of me, I can't figure out why you'd want to. I understand carrying a defensive firearm but giving up the advantage of surprise that you get from CC seems counter-intuitive.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”