Anti: no such thing as a law-abiding gun owner

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Anti: no such thing as a law-abiding gun owner

Post by A-R »

http://bearingarms.com/theres-thing-law ... gun-owner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ms. Gunn-Barrett candidly laid bare a basic premise of the gun ban mindset that usually goes unspoken: there’s no such thing as a law-abiding gun owner. “You can be perfectly law-abiding one moment,” said Ms. Gunn-Barrett during the debate, “and then the next moment you can be a criminal and do something criminal and wrong, like shoot up a movie theater, or kill your spouse during an argument.” Regulation of people and behavior is needed, she said, “to protect us against our own stupidity and our own irrationality.”

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Anti: no such thing as a law-abiding gun owner

Post by anygunanywhere »

Where are you guys digging up all this stuff?? Unreal.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

By the same token, there's no such thing as a law-abiding driver, since one could easily be obeying all laws one minute and speeding the wrong way up an interstate the next.

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

A-R wrote:http://bearingarms.com/theres-thing-law ... gun-owner/
Ms. Gunn-Barrett candidly laid bare a basic premise of the gun ban mindset that usually goes unspoken: there’s no such thing as a law-abiding gun owner. “You can be perfectly law-abiding one moment,” said Ms. Gunn-Barrett during the debate, “and then the next moment you can be a criminal and do something criminal and wrong, like shoot up a movie theater, or kill your spouse during an argument.” Regulation of people and behavior is needed, she said, “to protect us against our own stupidity and our own irrationality.”
What a typical nanny-stater. We should give her a very short list of the things she is allowed by the govt to do, as anything else might cause harm to herself or others. No driving, no swimming, no sports of any kind (might get injured or hurt someone else), etc. Based on her comment, she should look in the mirror and start improving society there.

:banghead:

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

Using such "logic".....there is no such thing as a criminal since they will sooner or later comply with some law....... :lol:

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

KD5NRH wrote:By the same token, there's no such thing as a law-abiding driver, since one could easily be obeying all laws one minute and speeding the wrong way up an interstate the next.
^^^^ Yes, this, the criminal Gunn-Barrett being one of the biggest criminals of all in this category. Hey, if she can make ridiculous blanket statements about all gun owners I can make a possibly not ridiculous statement about one definitely ridiculous person.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Isnt this called projection.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!? She actually believes that our "behavior" needs regulation to protect us from ourselves!!??!?!?! :smilelol5:

Holy Sheep Dip Batman!!!! She's off... Way off... :banghead:

Max
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I think she nailed it. We need protection from people like her, and her entourage of morons against "gun violence".
III

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

I'm gonna go buy me a Bloomberg and a slim Jim, smoke a cigar and go shooting.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

isa268

Post by isa268 »

suthdj wrote:

yes and I think Ms. Gunn-Barrett's husband needs to sleep with one eye open, she's basically admitted if she gets in a heated argument, she'll shoot you.
SW1911SC, SW642, M&P Shield 9mm, Caracal F, SuperNova Tactical, M&P22, SKS, AR15, Tavor, Winchester .22lr.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

suthdj wrote:
No, it's called an excellent example of stupidity and irrationality.

This person obviously thinks "1984" is a history book and "Mein Kampf" a bible.

Her whole screed is based on her desire to practice prior restraint on the rest of the population of the world, admittedly probably based on her own proclivities, when actually an honest evaluation of her examples reveals that the person who shot up the movie theater planned his massacre, and therefore was not a "law abiding gun owner" in any sense of the phrase.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

I sort of feel sorry for this woman. Can you imagine living with this paranoia, constantly in fear someone standing next to you is going to flip out and start killing people?

She needs someone to regulate her and her behaviour as she is apparently unable to do it herself. She should probably be committed to a psychiatric hospital. :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”