CITY: 2 GUNMEN KILLED OUTSIDE MUHAMMAD CARTOON CONTEST

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CITY: 2 GUNMEN KILLED OUTSIDE MUHAMMAD CARTOON CONTEST

Post by BigGuy »

philip964 wrote:The news has been very slow on how awesome this police officer was.
He IS the infidel their imam warned them about.*

* — shamelessly stolen from Gun Cave Facebook page.

bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bilgerat57 »

The incident in Garland is a topic on a military/veteran forum I frequent. This was posted by a young man from Arizona. I thought it was worth sharing; "Don't you get a new pistol every year just for being a resident of Texas? (lol) Not the smartest idea. Then again, talk about baiting someone into action. The humorous conspiracy theorist in me says the entire event was designed by Texans to bring the extremists to the event for a little terrorist hunting. Terrorists are always in season, but Texans aren't known for having their pinkies out. The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark." That last sentence caused a significant amount of coffee to decorate my monitor screen....... :lol::
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RoyGBiv »

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... post318798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some inside baseball.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

RoyGBiv wrote:https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php ... post318798

Some inside baseball.
Good post! Thanks
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

As soon as I saw the initial reports, I told my family that the officer that took down the BG's was not one of those only who shoot once a year at qualification time.

I appreciate knowing the details behind his performance.

Thanks for posting the backstory!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Sounds like those Garlan boys are not to be trifled with.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

philip964 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ ... 5-07-17-22

ISIS takes credit for the attack.
That's like the French taking credit for Waterloo!

Chas.

I thought "credit" was given for something that worked out as planned. I doubt the terrorist thugs thought they would get dropped before inflicting any real carnage.
Not to get anyone upset by comparisons, but I think the terrorists think, this is a big deal. They were able to reach half way around the world and launch an attack against their enemy. It did not work out as planned, the enemy was prepared ( I have read but I don't know how accurate, if they had killed the brave hero and gone inside the building there were seven heavily armed SWAT members inside). But none the less they launched an attack on their enemy. Even Obama's press secretary said it was terrorism. The comparison that I will draw is with the Doolittle Raid. We lost a lot of guys, it didn't go as planned, but we hit the enemy in their home. In their eyes it is a great victory, just as we did with the Doolittle Raid.

If the first time did not work out as well as hoped, they are very good at trying a second time. (think World Trade Center) So they will try again. Will it be Garland Texas at the same venue, but this time at a more crowded function with less security and nothing to do with cartoons? Or will they try a soft target, a shopping mall in Dallas or Houston? More and better fighters this time. A school like they did in Russia.

They will not forget this. We should not underestimate the enemy. They want to die for their religion. Sirhan Sirhan killed Robert Kennedy almost 50 years ago, for these same beliefs. It hasn't stopped.

Previously I have never been a fan of open carry. I like the new law that has been proposed. I see a real need for it now. I don't plan to open carry, but now I will feel more comfortable carrying a better larger gun.

The next time, there may not be a hero police officer right there.

My apologies in advance to the memory of the fighting men of World War 2 or to any former or current service member, no offense was intended. The Doolittle Raid was a brilliant plan that raised the moral of an entire nation, who at the time needed a victory of any kind.
The problem with a comparison to the Doolittle raid is that the Doolittle raid did more than boost our moral, it seriously hurt the Japanese moral and caused them to use resources to prevent future raids of a similar nature, resources that had been previously tasked with attacking us. This attack did not hurt our moral and it showed that their efforts were ineffective. Maybe to them it's a great victory but in reality aspiring Jihadists will look at it and think "While I want to die for Allah and kill infidels, I don't want to die in vain. Maybe I will go to France..." Worse case scenario is that they learn what targets to attack and what targets to avoid.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

G.A. Heath wrote:
philip964 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ ... 5-07-17-22

ISIS takes credit for the attack.
That's like the French taking credit for Waterloo!

Chas.

I thought "credit" was given for something that worked out as planned. I doubt the terrorist thugs thought they would get dropped before inflicting any real carnage.
Not to get anyone upset by comparisons, but I think the terrorists think, this is a big deal. They were able to reach half way around the world and launch an attack against their enemy. It did not work out as planned, the enemy was prepared ( I have read but I don't know how accurate, if they had killed the brave hero and gone inside the building there were seven heavily armed SWAT members inside). But none the less they launched an attack on their enemy. Even Obama's press secretary said it was terrorism. The comparison that I will draw is with the Doolittle Raid. We lost a lot of guys, it didn't go as planned, but we hit the enemy in their home. In their eyes it is a great victory, just as we did with the Doolittle Raid.

If the first time did not work out as well as hoped, they are very good at trying a second time. (think World Trade Center) So they will try again. Will it be Garland Texas at the same venue, but this time at a more crowded function with less security and nothing to do with cartoons? Or will they try a soft target, a shopping mall in Dallas or Houston? More and better fighters this time. A school like they did in Russia.

They will not forget this. We should not underestimate the enemy. They want to die for their religion. Sirhan Sirhan killed Robert Kennedy almost 50 years ago, for these same beliefs. It hasn't stopped.

Previously I have never been a fan of open carry. I like the new law that has been proposed. I see a real need for it now. I don't plan to open carry, but now I will feel more comfortable carrying a better larger gun.

The next time, there may not be a hero police officer right there.
My apologies in advance to the memory of the fighting men of World War 2 or to any former or current service member, no offense was intended. The Doolittle Raid was a brilliant plan that raised the moral of an entire nation, who at the time needed a victory of any kind.
The problem with a comparison to the Doolittle raid is that the Doolittle raid did more than boost our moral, it seriously hurt the Japanese moral and caused them to use resources to prevent future raids of a similar nature, resources that had been previously tasked with attacking us. This attack did not hurt our moral and it showed that their efforts were ineffective. Maybe to them it's a great victory but in reality aspiring Jihadists will look at it and think "While I want to die for Allah and kill infidels, I don't want to die in vain. Maybe I will go to France..." Worse case scenario is that they learn what targets to attack and what targets to avoid.
They're realists and learn very rapidly (unlike our own homeland security organization, which appears to learn very slowly or not at all.)

I think your worst case scenario is the most likely outcome.

Gun free zone signs might as well say "Jihadist slaughter zone".
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

:iagree: I too subscribe to the pile-o-brass philosophy.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

AndyC wrote:Gotta go out sometime... might as well make it legendary :)
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :thumbs2:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

kragluver
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kragluver »

FBI Discussion about how ISIS is Recruiting Disturbed Folks:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/nation/2 ... /70945534/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Krag rifle is the Swiss watch of MILSURPS.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

XnTx

Post by XnTx »

Someone said we should have a cartoon contest once a quarter. Kind of like moths to a light.
CHL - 9/22/11
NRA Life Member - 12/12/15
XDS .45 or P380

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”