CSGV Urges “SWATting” Gun Owners, Abuse Of 911 System

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 6

CSGV Urges “SWATting” Gun Owners, Abuse Of 911 System

Post by VMI77 »

http://bearingarms.com/radical-gun-gun- ... 11-system/

There are variously levels of zealotry within the gun control movement, but the national group that is the most extreme and intent on causing physical harm to those who disagree with them is the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, or CSGV.

The CSGV holds the view that all handguns and “assault weapons” should be banned, that gun ownership should require licensing and registration.

That in and of itself isn’t that radical of an idea (when comparing CSGV to other gun control groups), but CSGV goes a dangerous step further, with a mission statement that labels those opposed to their ideas as insurrectionists, and treats gun owners as enemy combatants instead of fellow citizens.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

BobCat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CSGV Urges “SWATting” Gun Owners, Abuse Of 911 System

Post by BobCat »

I'm sorry to giggle so hard - but it seems inevitable that if enough of these people actually do call the police when they see someone with a legally-carried firearm, that the police are going to stop laughing them off and start arresting them for filing a false police report, or whatever the correct terminology is.

I doubt the police take kindly to being used as a club to beat up law abiding citizens.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I wonder how rabid non-gun owners would go about dealing with "enemy combatants" if they were required to personally see to the disarmament... It would seem that the non-gun owners would be at a disadvantage.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

mr1337
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mr1337 »

BobCat wrote:I'm sorry to giggle so hard - but it seems inevitable that if enough of these people actually do call the police when they see someone with a legally-carried firearm, that the police are going to stop laughing them off and start arresting them for filing a false police report, or whatever the correct terminology is.

I doubt the police take kindly to being used as a club to beat up law abiding citizens.
Technically it's not a false report if they don't lie. Reporting a man with a gun to 911 wouldn't be a false report if there actually is a man with a gun.

It's not illegal to report legal activity. Yes, 911 should be used for emergencies, but there are some non-emergency reasons why you could call 911. (For example, to report a suspicious person.)

To the 911 system, they will continue to field and dispatch for these calls because of liability. It's up to the officers to make the right call when they arrive.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Topic author
VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Go to their facebook page and read the comments....these people are absolutely hysterical (not in a funny way) and looney. One woman has a store in Montana and complained that people come in wearing guns.....wait for it....in their store that sells ammo.
Michele McCowan I would have to call them every single day, where I live. They bring their guns (on their person) when they come into our general store. We sell ammo here and alcohol. I'm not sure about the law....but it makes me feel completely uncomfortable to have them all around me.
(Montana).
Janet Price I would most definitely call. Since I live in TX, I can't WAIT to call. I will also walk OUT of any establishment allowing open carry........NOT gonna pay, either. A business has an understood obligation with the public that said public will be safe within it's walls. PERIOD. Wake up people!
Susan Erdman Doroba I will point at them and yell "He's got a gun!" and run like hell. The rest is his problem.
Linda Jansz It's scary to be in Texas, for sure.
Last edited by VMI77 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

VMI77 wrote:Go to their facebook page and read the comments....these people are absolutely hysterical (not in a funny way) and looney. One woman has a store in Montana and complained that people come in wearing guns.....wait for it....in their store that sells ammo.
Michele McCowan I would have to call them every single day, where I live. They bring their guns (on their person) when they come into our general store. We sell ammo here and alcohol. I'm not sure about the law....but it makes me feel completely uncomfortable to have them all around me.
(Montana).
I think she's living in the wrong state. "rlol"
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Topic author
VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mr1337 wrote:
VMI77 wrote:Go to their facebook page and read the comments....these people are absolutely hysterical (not in a funny way) and looney. One woman has a store in Montana and complained that people come in wearing guns.....wait for it....in their store that sells ammo.
(Montana).
I think she's living in the wrong state. "rlol"
Hey, lately, whenever I try to post a smilie all I get is a down arrow and it just downloads to my computer, doesn't post in the comment. You don't happen to know why that might be do you?

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Just changed my mind. Now I know I am going to open carry sometimes. :evil2:
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Yes, keep calling 911. When that doesn't work call your state legislators. Then call your U.S. legislators. If they won't listen then yell at them, "These people all have scary guns and none of them are hurting me!!!!"

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Ignorant emotional beliefs based on political and media fueled ideology to disarm Law Abiding citizens. These immoral humans will only realize the error of their ways during a brutal attack or while laying in a pool of blood gasping for air as life slowly leaves them. Or when burying their dead. Retail businesses have no obligation to protect anyone. Law Enforcement has no legal obligation to protect anyone either. Humans with morality have been defending each other thousands of years before Law Enforcement ever existed. Immoral humans have been running away from ruthless killers for thousands of years as well. Two very distinct differences in humans. Those that "do" and those that "will not". Fight or Flight traits are not equal. Some folks are not wired to flee.

I'm with Voice of Reason. This stuff makes me want to open carry off my ranch just to be swatted until the immoral huddled masses lose the ability entirely to report these things.

"business has an understood obligation with the public that said public will be safe within it's walls. PERIOD.
III

extremist

Post by extremist »

So now that they have Fox News Coverage http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/01/gu ... tcmp=hpbt2 is there any legal recourse against these nut jobs that do this to us after we start exercising our "privilage" on Jan. 1?

Is there any way to force through open records the identity of the false accusers? :roll:

I can see a lot of 911 calls occuring at any Jan. 1 gathering of Open Carry celebrations.

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I wonder how they will FEEL if someone was to die because there wasn't an available officer due to a false 911 report?

<rhetorical> I already know the answer.

I wonder if they could be charged with something, negligence, endangerment or making a false report?

Never mind, I doubt that would be pursued even if possible. Don't want to mess with the soccer mom nannystaters that have nothing better to do between soccer practices and their tennis lessons at the club.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

If there are enough of these reports that are based on "not knowing the person" - it'll result in desensitization and force 911 dispatchers to start clarifying the calls, which is fine with me.

And I don't have an issue if someone calls 911 on someone carrying a firearm (or any weapon) if the intent is suspect, due to legitimate reasons...

Predict: Much to-do about nothing come 2/2016.
Admit: Some of these posters are clearly nutty.. Pretty heavy spin zone.

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dan20703 »

The posts on their FB page are shocking. They really are that ignorant. They will wake up one day when bad things come crashing through their front door. Then it will be too late.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I have to wonder...

If someone sees a gun and truly does get alarmed, then it's one thing. But if that person has already stated on social media that, "I will point at them and yell "He's got a gun!" and run like heck. The rest is his problem," then it is no longer an unexpected situation. It is a planned response. It has malice aforethought, and can be demonstrated by their writings on the social media.

One has to believe that there is a legal recourse against these idiots that plan on doing this.

I swear, I'm getting tempted more and more each day to open carry when the new year comes - just to root out these ignorant fools.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”