Machineguns in Australia

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Machineguns in Australia

Post by mojo84 »

Firing twelve rounds in half a second is impressive for a homemade gun.

I thought since such was illegal in Australia there wouldn't be any of these in existence down there.
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baldeagle »

mojo84 wrote:Firing twelve rounds in half a second is impressive for a homemade gun.

I thought since such was illegal in Australia there wouldn't be any our these in existence down there.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....very funny.....
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

If you're going to have an illegal gun and risk going to prison why not make it a machine gun? Expect to see more machine guns in use here if they ban semi-autos as they have in Australia. On another island, Britain, criminals apparently have no problem acquiring machine guns, and even grenades.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

AndyC wrote:If anyone brings up Australia, hit them with this beauty:

"Australia is in the grip of a gun-plague with an estimated 250 thousand illegal weapons stashed away. The federal government says many are smuggled in. A quarter of a million illegal firearms - enough to give every soldier in the Australian Army 8 guns each."

"Sydney's notorious drive-bys...

"Alarm in police ranks over the number of machineguns being uncovered on Perth's streets..."

Shoot, I can give you a ton of information proving the failure of the Australian Gun Confiscation. I don't have the link, but in 2004 (I believe) the director of the Australian Bureau of Justice stated that it was a failure. It is definitely commendable that they haven't had a mass shooting since but the rest of their crime has done nothing but sky rocket. I.E. women in Australia are 3 times more likely to be raped and a 46% increase in armed robbery...

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:Perhaps you're referring to this one from the National Center for Policy Analysis?
In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/?Article_ID=17847

I'm using my second video a LOT in online debates with antis who love Hillary's recent mention of the Aussie gun-grab - it drives them crazy because it comes from Aussie TV stations :lol:
I had this debate with some people on FB who posted the farcical statistics some blogger put out. Even when citing Australia's own stats there are those who ignore facts and logic, taking a purely emotional postion. Gotta keep fighting anyway.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

Usually in places like this with "strict gun control" news of gun crime is suppressed....so is this reporting signaling another push for confiscation?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Am I the only one that can't play the second video? It says it's not available in my country. The thought popped in my head someone is censoring it since they don't want the truth to spread.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Working now. Thanks.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”