Machineguns in Australia

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AndyC
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Machineguns in Australia

Post by AndyC » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:23 am

Australians may be more at risk from gun crime than ever before with the country’s underground market for firearms ballooning in the past decade.

Previously unseen police statistics show that the number of pistol-related offences doubled in Victoria and rose by 300 per cent in New South Wales. At least two other states also saw a massive jump in firearms-related offences during the same period.An investigation by The New Daily unearthed previously unpublished data for firearms offences collected from police and crime statistics agencies in four states – Victoria, NSW, South Australia and Tasmania.
http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2015/11/ ... m-exposed/
Remember Kitty Genovese

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

Topic author
AndyC

Post by AndyC » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:42 pm

David Leyonhjelm, a Liberal-Democratic Australian senator, said in a National Rifle Association (NRA) video interview that Australians, because of strict gun control laws, “are a nation of victims.”

Since his election in 2013, Leyonhjelm has pushed for more lenient gun rights in the nation which, since it boasts no gun massacres since 1996, has been a talking point by many gun rights opposers. Leyonhjelm’s comments, and the video itself, came after 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton suggested the U.S. implement the Australian gun buyback scheme spearheaded by ex-Prime Minister John Howard.

“I don’t think Australia is a model for the United States on gun control at all,” Leyonhjelm said. “[The Howard scheme made] no difference to firearms violence, gun violence overall… The criminals still have guns, there’s no shortage of guns. There’s a very vigorous black market for guns, so it’s really not made the slightest bit of difference… if you want a gun, you can get one.”
http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/18/stric ... tims-video

Remember Kitty Genovese

There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

Topic author
AndyC

Post by AndyC » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:03 pm

A highly sophisticated weapons production facility using 3D printers and computers to make machine guns has been uncovered in a series of raids across the Gold Coast.

Police say they found four homemade automatic submachine guns, silencers, ammunition, a replica handgun, a .45 calibre pistol and equipment used to make weapons at two Nerang businesses, as well as a pill press. The equipment used to make the weapons included computers, a 3D printer, drill presses and other gun parts and is believed to be the most sophisticated of its kind found in Queensland.

“The weapons seized are yet to be tested, however, weapons of this type have the capacity to fire hundreds of rounds of ammunition a minute,” Det Supt Jon Wacker said. “In the wrong hands they present as a significant threat to the public.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... chine-guns
Remember Kitty Genovese

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:45 pm

AndyC wrote:
A highly sophisticated weapons production facility using 3D printers and computers to make machine guns has been uncovered in a series of raids across the Gold Coast.

Police say they found four homemade automatic submachine guns, silencers, ammunition, a replica handgun, a .45 calibre pistol and equipment used to make weapons at two Nerang businesses, as well as a pill press. The equipment used to make the weapons included computers, a 3D printer, drill presses and other gun parts and is believed to be the most sophisticated of its kind found in Queensland.

“The weapons seized are yet to be tested, however, weapons of this type have the capacity to fire hundreds of rounds of ammunition a minute,” Det Supt Jon Wacker said. “In the wrong hands they present as a significant threat to the public.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... chine-guns
This is just one reason why gov'ts try to suppress information on the internet. If Hillary had been elected, we might have been looking at ATF registration of 3D printers and CNC machines.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:50 pm

Two things:
1) what's the point of emptying your magazine and a half a second, that seems kind of stupid to me.

2) i'm also talking about the first video. I like the part at the end where the police chief said anyone pointing a gun at a police officer will be killed. Why can't we have that same mentality in America? :thumbs2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:42 pm

The real question is what good is a pistol caliber machine gun (aka submachine gun)? I got a MAC10/9 that empties a 25 rd mag in 1.25 seconds. If it worked for the bad guys in Scarface i figured it would be good for the zombie apocalypse too... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:55 pm

In Australia, do bullets spin the other direction? :biggrinjester:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
AndyC

Post by AndyC » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Thousands of Australians are buying guns and GRENADES on the dark web - and pay black market firearms dealers to sneak them into the country

A report has found that Aussies are using the dark web to buy firearms overseas.
Countries such as Canada, US, Asia and South America are shipping to Australia.
A used pistol is sold for as little as $218 while machine guns can go for thousands.
Users are also buying and downloading instructions on how to build explosives.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -guns.html
Remember Kitty Genovese

Topic author
AndyC

Post by AndyC » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:17 pm

'Outgunned' police need a rifle in every squad car, Brisbane cop says

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... 4z279.html
Remember Kitty Genovese

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:21 pm

...and I don't care how they do...anything in Australia.

I like the people, good folk, but their confiscated stupid gun ideas blow...

OK, mate, I hate you: Therefor since I can't shoot you, I'll instead stab, slash, run over you with my car, set your house on fire while I assume you're asleep, or being being the large bloke I am and you with no martial arts training, I'll simply pound you out of life, etc.

Guns are the victims.

Killer mindset is what's at fault...

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”