Obama says gun control to be top issue of final year

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Obama says gun control to be top issue of final year

Post by Dave2 »

kauboy wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
PBR wrote:Just wondering say he does sign some special orders or puts something in place, how easily can it be taken back or dealt with when new president gets put in place?
I've heard that Cruz or one of his people (can't remember which) said that one of the things he'd do on day one is void *all* executive orders. So... pretty easily, if someone with Cruz's apparent feelings towards EOs gets elected.
In January 2017, we will have a new president and if I am elected president, the very first thing I intend to do on the first day is rescind every single unconstitutional or illegal executive action from President Obama. - Ted Cruz
(Source)
I like it!
I like it, too, but I liked my apparently inaccurate quote better. I think presidents from both parties have really abused the EO "system" and expanded it beyond what it should be.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Beiruty wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Heard on Fox News a few minutes ago that Trump is against gun control but supports the assault weapons ban.
This Trump has ideas worse than Hitler. Do I have to Register if I am a Muslim? First, how do you figure if someone is a Muslim? By name? You ask if he is a Muslim? What about the 5th? What about the 1st? This is why we have the 2nd.
Trump is looking like an idiot^2.
From what I heard on the radio, he was specifically speaking about this current influx of "Syrian refugees", not about anyone else.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Blowing on dead coal, would not make a fire.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

kauboy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kauboy »

Dave2 wrote:
kauboy wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
PBR wrote:Just wondering say he does sign some special orders or puts something in place, how easily can it be taken back or dealt with when new president gets put in place?
I've heard that Cruz or one of his people (can't remember which) said that one of the things he'd do on day one is void *all* executive orders. So... pretty easily, if someone with Cruz's apparent feelings towards EOs gets elected.
In January 2017, we will have a new president and if I am elected president, the very first thing I intend to do on the first day is rescind every single unconstitutional or illegal executive action from President Obama. - Ted Cruz
(Source)
I like it!
I like it, too, but I liked my apparently inaccurate quote better. I think presidents from both parties have really abused the EO "system" and expanded it beyond what it should be.
I agree. If we could wipe them all out and start over, I'd be good with it. Far too many reach much too far.
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bitter Clinger »

By All Means, Obama, Let’s Talk Guns this Holiday:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

handog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by handog »

Obama is simoyaniously releasing Felons from prison, inviting tens of thousands of refugees without skills to support themselves while targeting Americans 2nd amendment rights. The hypocrisy of being surrounded by secret service agents with machine guns while making the statement is quite astounding.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”