Keep VA in your thoughts. We are fighting hard here.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 4

Keep VA in your thoughts. We are fighting hard here.

Post by mamabearCali »

I have been gone for about a year. Had baby #5 and drama happened. But I am back.

If you think of VA, keep us in your thoughts. We are fighting a lawless carpetbagger AG and Gov. They have restricted open carry and our reciprocity basically on executive order (whether or not this is lawful is up for debate).

We are looking to try and fix this but it is a tough needle to thread. Just wanted to let my TX peeps know that VA is not lost. We are trying to stop the rot.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Keep VA in your thoughts. We are fighting hard here.

Post by C-dub »

Welcome back Mama.

I had forgotten why we hadn't heard from you in a while. Maybe you could update us a little on both sets of drama. Many of us are familiar with the reciprocity issue, but what's going on with OC?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

On me...well I had baby #5. In March I was diagnosed with fairly significant hearing loss especially in one ear, and hearing aids are all but useless to help. So I have been training a service dog for myself (it is a 2 year wait and 20k for a program dog).

In June I had a flirtation with lupus symptoms but not enough to have a diagnosis, just enough to scare me into taking my vitamins (probably just nutrient depletion a from having 5 kids in 10'years).

On my poor beleaguered beloved home away from
home Virginia. On OC the Govenor decreed that no one could open carry at polling places or in state building including DMVs. Now I am not a big Open carrier (with 5 kids and a dog we already a traveling circus) but it is the principal of the thing. He does not have the authority (or it is at least VERY murky) to restrict OC. The AG is stretching even further on reciprocity and the AG straight up lied in his report. Many states that have more
Restrictive CHL requirements were denied reciprocity.

So far they are looking at defunding his security from the Virginia State Police. He is so stinking afraid of guns maybe he should not have to be around them. I am
Not sure that is such a good idea, but it would sure be nice to stick it in his eye.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I've been thinking about getting a Virginia non resident permit. My wife's family is from the area southwest of Charlottesville - Keene, Esmont, Schuyler, Howardsville, that neck of the woods.

Now, I kind of hate to send the money, but I imagine the problem is with a few at the top of the political food chain.

I'm native-born and Texas raised. My blood runs dusty from the Hill Country. Rattlesnakes and beavertail cactus look like home. But if I had grown up around the confluence of the James and the Rockfish, particularly if I could have met my wife a couple of decades earlier, I wouldn't be the poorer for it.

And there is nothing like a long Virginia table set with food cooked on the same wood stove keeping winter at bay, a dozen or more relatives telling tales on each other and keeping the evening safe from care.

Topic author
mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Not so cold this year! Can't even get a good enough cold snap to kill the stinking fleas and ticks. We went hiking like 2 days after Christmas with short sleeves!

The problem is with the commissioner of police. The Govenor and AG. We got a carpet bagging Bloomberg beholden Govenor because the GOP elites in DC abandoned VA and would rather have a democrat than a tea party candidate AND we had a libertarian plant (not libertarian at all) run 3rd party. Still the AG won by 146
Votes....not exactly a mandate. The commissioner of police....I don't know what his problem is. He shouldn't play politics with such an important thing as the state police. The GoV and the AG didn't get their majority (thank God!) and they are term limited (1 term) so they are going full Obama with a pen and a phone. They are paying off Bloomberg who flooded VA with $$ and ads in the race.

Topic author
mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Right now we are all looking at the Utah permit. If we can fix this then maybe the VA permit will be worth having again. I know the TX CHL is still honored here.

ttownsig

Post by ttownsig »

Rockfish Gap, Mrs Rowes Pies, Shenandoah National Park, and the AT. I just love that part of Virginia.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

treadlightly wrote:I've been thinking about getting a Virginia non resident permit. My wife's family is from the area southwest of Charlottesville - Keene, Esmont, Schuyler, Howardsville, that neck of the woods.

Now, I kind of hate to send the money, but I imagine the problem is with a few at the top of the political food chain.

I'm native-born and Texas raised. My blood runs dusty from the Hill Country. Rattlesnakes and beavertail cactus look like home. But if I had grown up around the confluence of the James and the Rockfish, particularly if I could have met my wife a couple of decades earlier, I wouldn't be the poorer for it.

And there is nothing like a long Virginia table set with food cooked on the same wood stove keeping winter at bay, a dozen or more relatives telling tales on each other and keeping the evening safe from care.
TX permits still honored in VA.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”