Could this be the end of Armslist, TGT???

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Could this be the end of Armslist, TGT???

Post by parabelum »

If the tyrant is successful at ramming this through, sites like texasguntrader and Armslist could be a thing of past. Another stab by this rogue regime.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/obama-exec ... d-dealers/

Syntyr

Re: Could this be the end of Armslist, TGT???

Post by Syntyr »

Yep. They are indicating a willingness to prosecute for selling as few as two weapons.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

So....to be charged with a crime you have to violate a statute. So what law has a person violated who sells a firearm privately?

A pen and a phone do not make code.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

mamabearCali wrote:So....to be charged with a crime you have to violate a statute. So what law has a person violated who sells a firearm privately?

A pen and a phone do not make code.
Agreed but as other have posted you may beat the wrap but you aren't going to beat the ride. How many years of your life will they take and how much money will it cost to vindicate yourself.

Not good
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Right2Carry »

Good luck tracking private CASH transactions.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Arrested on what charge? Displeasing a president is not a crime.

I am just saying there is still a vestige of rule of law. Might does not yet, make right.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

How do you think this will affect thugs and other scumbags who could care less about any of these tyrannical "laws", gun free zones etc.?

Man, this might be one of those years...

What I'd like to know is how will this snake's tyranny affect us in Texas? Is there a reasonable recourse that we as law abiding citizens can take to tell him and his brown shirts to shove it where the sun don't shine?

Unocat
Banned

Post by Unocat »

There are probably some folk on TGT that do qualify under this EO guidance to the ATF as those who would need to be licensed. However, I can say for the 10 or so purchases I have made each seller was a simple guy selling off something from his collection or something he didn't want/like anymore... And I doubt anyone made a profit.

The reality is also that come Jan 2017 this EO will be trashed if things go right... If the they go wrong (hellary) it will get a lot worse. Full court press on keeping the house and senate is our best bet.
NRA lifetime member
Combat Veteran
"carthago delenda est"

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

I saw a short story on the news featuring the owner of The Texas Gun Trader. He said he just bought a house and doesn't appreciate Obama moving to put him out of business.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Weg

Post by Weg »

I think TGT and Armslist will be just fine. They already have disclaimers about following all Federal/State laws. It's up to the individuals to choose whether or not to meet at an FFL and do a transfer through them, not TGT or Armslist. Beside, this is not a law, I don't think it will hold up the first time someone tries to fight it. I just feel sorry for the first someone..

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”