Accused Terrorist Wanted to Bomb Galleria

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Accused Terrorist Wanted to Bomb Galleria

Post by anygunanywhere »

I heard this on Breitbart News last week but never saw it brought up on the forum. I continue to see posts about Galleria and 30.06/30.07. There are many areas where large crowds are a prime target for attacks.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/20 ... /78762760/

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/ho ... 757589.php

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/iraq ... s-36275539

Oh! I almost forgot. The accused terrorist is one of the fully vetted refugees.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Accused Terrorist Wanted to Bomb Galleria

Post by zimmerdesignz »

He wanted to do remote bombings of Galleria and Sharpstown mall. I understand why he would pick the Galleria (crowds, popular mall) but not real sure why he would pick Sharpstown. Disturbing, since he was going to remote detonate bombs in trash cans. CC or OC won't protect you from that.
:tiphat:

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chuck j »

They dang sure enjoy blowing innocent people up . Women , children , old folks , babies . They never pick the 'hard' targets . Hope this guy gets a little jail time .

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Thanks for the post/links.

'06/'07 signs offer nothing more then probabilistic assurance to homicidial madman that their evil schemes have higher likelihood of "success", by inflicting maximum carnage with no opposition standing in their way.

And I've heard arguments that jihadis will do what they want to do, regardless if there is someone with a gun present, since their mission is to blow themselves up anyway. That's rubbish nonsense.
It is a proven fact, all over the world, that strikes by in large happen in places where there is strictest no-guns allowed policy. This makes logical sense since everyone wants to be as successful as possible, and jihadi murderers are no exception.

Real uncomfortable truth however is that unless we begin to be more proactive in profiling, and unless we temporarily stop the influx of migrants from certain regions of the world in particular, we are libel to get hit again.

Rmartinez37

Post by Rmartinez37 »

I'm glad that scumbag was captured, people like him do not deserve to be in our great nation and feel the benefits of freedom.

He openly said he hates America, let him slowly waste away behind the bars of an American prison to give him a real reason to have negative feelings towards our country.

Also he said he's not crazy, he just wants to blow people up :banghead:

So much for refugees being "properly vetted" :waiting:

Nuts

Post by Nuts »

Does properly vetted mean spayed and neutered?

zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

How to do you vett a refugee from a country torn apart with no infrastructure to check the person against? :confused5
:tiphat:

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

zimmerdesignz wrote:How to do you vett a refugee from a country torn apart with no infrastructure to check the person against? :confused5
:iagree: Exactly.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

TexasGal wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:How to do you vett a refugee from a country torn apart with no infrastructure to check the person against? :confused5
:iagree: Exactly.
You cannot.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/fbi-say ... n-refugees

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/702242

philip964

Post by philip964 »

You ask them if they have terrorist intentions.

After they answer, you stamp - Denied

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

parabelum wrote:Real uncomfortable truth however is that unless we begin to be more proactive in profiling, and unless we temporarily stop the influx of migrants from certain regions of the world in particular, we are libel to get hit again.
The word is liable. Libel is completely different.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

wheelgun1958 wrote:
parabelum wrote:Real uncomfortable truth however is that unless we begin to be more proactive in profiling, and unless we temporarily stop the influx of migrants from certain regions of the world in particular, we are libel to get hit again.
The word is liable. Libel is completely different.
It happens when you try to type fast on iPhone.
Thanks.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Oh! I almost forgot. The accused terrorist is one of the fully vetted refugees.
There is no vetting of refugees....the notion that they are being vetted is a media fiction sheltering Obama from criticism. The FBI director himself admitted there is no way to vet refugees. But I assume you were being sarcastic.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

VMI77 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote: Oh! I almost forgot. The accused terrorist is one of the fully vetted refugees.
There is no vetting of refugees....the notion that they are being vetted is a media fiction sheltering Obama from criticism. The FBI director himself admitted there is no way to vet refugees. But I assume you were being sarcastic.
You read me correctly. Can't slip anything past you! :biggrinjester:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
You read me correctly. Can't slip anything past you! :biggrinjester:
Why won't they just leave innocent people alone and pick on some place like the NYT building, or the Washington Post? :evil2:
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”