Senior U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia found dead

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Senior U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia found dead

Post by Papa_Tiger »

TexasGal wrote:An autopsy would have put to rest a lot of speculation that should not be part of his passing.
Yes and no. Conspiracy theorists who dislike the government will say that the official autopsy was never performed, or altered or... We still have people denying that we ever sent men to walk on the moon.

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JALLEN »

I kind of hope that one can rest in peace after passing regardless of what is said about you by the still living.

The only thing worse than irresponsible, ill-informed press speculation is irresponsible, ill-informed press speculation that happens to be accurate.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Antares
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Antares »

Interesting article from the Drudge Report about the pillow over his head.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/ ... 830372.php
God Bless our Military and the United States

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baldeagle »

I often sleep with a pillow over my head when I'm traveling. I have a really hard time going to sleep in strange surroundings, with the sounds of unfamiliar machinery and the hall lights shining under the door and the outside lights shining through the cracks in the drapes. I don't think there's anything at all unusual about that. I''m sure if he had been suffocated with the pillow, law enforcement would have seen the petechial hemorrhaging and demanded an autopsy.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

JALLEN wrote:I kind of hope that one can rest in peace after passing regardless of what is said about you by the still living.

The only thing worse than irresponsible, ill-informed press speculation is irresponsible, ill-informed press speculation that happens to be accurate.

I wish things were different.

Only 6 days after BO gets defeated on his green gangster push, predominantly by Justice Scalia, the great Justice is found dead with pillow over his head.
This happened on the ranch owned by Poindexter, who is BO award recipient and lifetime Dem Party donor.
U.S. Marshal, appointed by BO, over the phone, informs the judge that no foul play is involved.
How could he tell definitively without an autopsy that no foul play was involved?
Petechial hemorrhaging, while common in strangulation cases, is not always present in suffocating injuries/death.

Given the position of Justice Scalia and the unusual way his body was found, there should have been an order for autopsy issued.

Briefly in my FF/EMT career, I've come across several cases where death was "clearly" caused by MI or CVA, only to find out few days later that death will be investigated as a homicide, due to inconsistent and conflicting material vs. physical evidence.
As someone mentioned earlier, host of events and pharmacological agents can induce a MI, or CVA.

By the way, why did they go with MI at first, out of all things?

I don't get how they could conclude over the phone that absolutely no foul play was involved.
Very unprofessional.

Now we hear hints of Loretta Lynch as a replacement...

Rest in Peace Justice Scalia, you will be missed.

Very very sad to see this.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 14

Post by WildBill »

parabelum wrote:
JALLEN wrote:I kind of hope that one can rest in peace after passing regardless of what is said about you by the still living.

Only 6 days after BO gets defeated on his green gangster push, predominantly by Justice Scalia, the great Justice is found dead with pillow over his head.
This happened on the ranch owned by Poindexter, who is BO award recipient and lifetime Dem Party donor.
U.S. Marshal, appointed by BO, over the phone, informs the judge that no foul play is involved.
How could he tell definitively without an autopsy that no foul play was involved?
Petechial hemorrhaging, while common in strangulation cases, is not always present in suffocating injuries/death.

Given the position of Justice Scalia and the unusual way his body was found, there should have been an order for autopsy issued.

Briefly in my FF/EMT career, I've come across several cases where death was "clearly" caused by MI or CVA, only to find out few days later that death will be investigated as a homicide, due to inconsistent and conflicting material vs. physical evidence.
As someone mentioned earlier, host of events and pharmacological agents can induce a MI, or CVA.

I don't get how they could conclude over the phone that absolutely no foul play was involved.
Very unprofessional.

Now we hear hints of Loretta Lynch as a replacement...

Rest in Peace Justice Scalia, you will be missed.

Very very sad to see this.
Give me a break. :roll:
NRA Endowment Member

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

God forbid someone should ask any questions.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:God forbid someone should ask any questions.

It's ok. We all have opinions, I get it.

What amazes me is that if this had happened to Justice Ginsburg in the last year of Cruz presidency, the Left would be all over this, and you know what, I would not blame them. It is at the very least a little suspect.

I don't like that this is being hushed up, because it sets a very bad precedent.

Lastly, I don't trust this administration. More and more it looks like something I ran away from in Bosnia, years ago.
Last edited by parabelum on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 14

Post by WildBill »

I apologize. My intention was to make no further posts on this thread. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Nothing that happens in this administration or in DC surprises me.®
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Here is not my opinion, but an opinion of a former D.C. Homicide Commander.

"Two days after Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died suddenly in remote West Texas, a former D.C. homicide commander is raising questions about how the death was handled by local and federal authorities.

“As a former homicide commander, I am stunned that no autopsy was ordered for Justice Scalia,” William O. Ritchie, former head of criminal investigations for D.C. police, wrote in a post on Facebook on Sunday."

“You have a Supreme Court Justice who died, not in attendance of a physician,” he wrote. “You have a non-homicide trained US Marshal tell the justice of peace that no foul play was observed. You have a justice of the peace pronounce death while not being on the scene and without any medical training opining that the justice died of a heart attack. What medical proof exists of a myocardial Infarction? Why not a cerebral hemorrhage?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... in-scalia/

tad-nelson
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tad-nelson »

rbwhatever1 wrote:This is not good.
I thought the same thing.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

parabelum wrote:

Alright, this is a bridge too far. John B. Poindexter is a decorated Vietnam Veteran who received the Silver Star for his bravery in battle. HIs "lifetime" of Dem donations consists of a grand total of just over $19,000 to Texas Democrats ONLY. (Bill White and Pete Gallego, the Congressman who represents the area where his ranch is.) The award he received from BO was the Presidential Unit Citation, and he received it with 200 of his fellow soldiers. He fought for the citation for 40 years and petitioned three different Presidents before BO decided to approve it. This is slander, and it needs to stop now. It has no place on this forum.

http://individual-contributors.insidego ... Poindexter
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stor ... lumn1.html

And now you want us to believe that this honorable veteran had ANYTHING to do with the murder of a Supreme Court Justice? SHAME ON YOU!!
parabelum wrote:Given the position of Justice Scalia and the unusual way his body was found, there should have been an order for autopsy issued.
So now it's unusual to find 79 year old men dead lying in their bed?
parabelum wrote:Briefly in my FF/EMT career, I've come across several cases where death was "clearly" caused by MI or CVA, only to find out few days later that death will be investigated as a homicide, due to inconsistent and conflicting material vs. physical evidence.

THEY didn't. The media were told "his heart stopped". The media then reported a MI. The judge said he died of natural causes.
parabelum wrote:I don't get how they could conclude over the phone that absolutely no foul play was involved.
Very unprofessional.
Do YOU have the qualifications to make cause of death determinations??? She spoke to both law enforcement AND to Scalia's personal physician. After talking to the physician, she concluded he had died of natural causes.

Do you have any idea where Marfa is? Where the Cibolo Ranch is? These are not places you just jump in your car and go to. The ranch is more than 30 miles south of Marfa, and Marfa is 100 miles from nowhere. Most guests fly in to the ranch rather than drive because of the distance.

This speculation is ridiculous and founded on false information. I find it BEYOND disgusting.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

baldeagle wrote:
parabelum wrote:

Alright, this is a bridge too far. John B. Poindexter is a decorated Vietnam Veteran who received the Silver Star for his bravery in battle. HIs "lifetime" of Dem donations consists of a grand total of just over $19,000 to Texas Democrats ONLY. (Bill White and Pete Gallego, the Congressman who represents the area where his ranch is.) The award he received from BO was the Presidential Unit Citation, and he received it with 200 of his fellow soldiers. This is slander, and it needs to stop now. It has no place on this forum.

And now you want us to believe that this honorable veteran had ANYTHING to do with the murder of a Supreme Court Justice? SHAME ON YOU!!
parabelum wrote:Given the position of Justice Scalia and the unusual way his body was found, there should have been an order for autopsy issued.
parabelum wrote:Briefly in my FF/EMT career, I've come across several cases where death was "clearly" caused by MI or CVA, only to find out few days later that death will be investigated as a homicide, due to inconsistent and conflicting material vs. physical evidence.

THEY didn't. The media would told "his heart stopped". The media then reported a MI. The judge said he died of natural causes.
parabelum wrote:I don't get how they could conclude over the phone that absolutely no foul play was involved.
Very unprofessional.
Do YOU have the qualifications to make cause of death determinations??? She spoke to both law enforcement AND to Scalia's personal physician. After talking to the physician, she concluded he had died of natural causes.

Do you have any idea where Marfa is? Where the Cibolo Ranch is? These are not places you just jump in your car and go to. The ranch is more than 30 miles south of Marfa, and Marfa is 100 miles from nowhere. Most guests fly in to the ranch rather than drive because of the distance.

This speculation is ridiculous and founded on false information. I find it BEYOND disgusting.
Sir, respectfully, John Kerry is also a decorated Vet, as an example.
I said nothing about his service, I only stated facts, which you confirmed in detail.

And this speculation is my opinion to which I'm entitled to.
You don't know me. I haven't judged your character. Don't judge mine.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

parabelum wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
parabelum wrote:

Alright, this is a bridge too far. John B. Poindexter is a decorated Vietnam Veteran who received the Silver Star for his bravery in battle. HIs "lifetime" of Dem donations consists of a grand total of just over $19,000 to Texas Democrats ONLY. (Bill White and Pete Gallego, the Congressman who represents the area where his ranch is.) The award he received from BO was the Presidential Unit Citation, and he received it with 200 of his fellow soldiers. This is slander, and it needs to stop now. It has no place on this forum.

THEY didn't. The media would told "his heart stopped". The media then reported a MI. The judge said he died of natural causes.
Very unprofessional.

Sir, respectfully, John Kerry is also a decorated Vet, as an example.
I said nothing about his service, I only stated facts, which you confirmed in detail.
You most certainly did not. For example, you cited that Poindexter is a "BO award recipient and lifetime Dem Party donor". He is neither. He's never given a dime to the Democrat party. His only donations have been to Texas Democrats, and then only two. He's a multimillionaire and he has donated a grand lifetime total of $19,600 dollars to TWO Texas Democrats. His award was for heroism in Vietnam, not a "BO award".
parabelum wrote:IAnd this speculation is my opinion to which I'm entitled to.
You don't know me. I haven't judged your character. Don't judge mine.
Yes, you're entitled to speculate. And I am equally entitled to be completely disgusted by it. You have asked me not to judge your character, yet you judge John Poindexter's character based on lies. That's more than a little hypocritical.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”