This is why I will not own any Apple products!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


TomsTXCHL
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:52 am

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#196

Post by TomsTXCHL » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:30 am

Bitter Clinger wrote:
TomsTXCHL wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Did you really, intentionally mean to equate me with Barack Hussein Obama?
You think the govt should have access, he thinks the govt should have access.

Tell us how you are different?
Since you obviously failed Logic 101, let's use this as a teaching moment
Actually, I aced logic in college so I have apparently misunderstood your position, or you have failed to properly explain it.

Perhaps you will clarify, as the thrust of your subject is that you side with the Govt against Apple in this matter.

No thinking American will do this!

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 17
Posts: 17101
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#197

Post by WildBill » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:04 am

Come on guys. This is politics and logic has no place.
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 2593
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#198

Post by Bitter Clinger » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:10 am

TomsTXCHL wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
TomsTXCHL wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Did you really, intentionally mean to equate me with Barack Hussein Obama?
You think the govt should have access, he thinks the govt should have access.

Tell us how you are different?
Since you obviously failed Logic 101, let's use this as a teaching moment
Actually, I aced logic in college so I have apparently misunderstood your position, or you have failed to properly explain it.

Perhaps you will clarify, as the thrust of your subject is that you side with the Govt against Apple in this matter.

No thinking American will do this!
Really? And yet you would propose such an apparently absolute belief? If you believe that the government is either all good or all bad, you probably feel good because you can cease to think. I assume that this is a comfort for you, as you can now feel assured and in control. If you have decided that a group of people are all bad, then all you have to do is stay away from them and once they are all gone life would be better, right? I would certainly agree that government has become far too large and far too over-reaching. But it still has its place - I hope Cruz is elected and he follows through on his pledge to eliminate some 500+ Federal agencies, including the IRS!

This thread drove quite a bit of spirited debate, some of it quite thoughtful, some of it perhaps not quite as, but a good debate in any event. The majority of us can disagree without being disagreeable.

So, without yet again :deadhorse:, yes, my opinion is that the data in the dead terrorist's phone, that phone belonging to San Bernadino govt, should be turned over in case there is any information in there that could prevent the death of more innocent civilians.

YMMV. That does not put me in the same category as Barack Hussein Obama - according to LOGIC.

Image
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 2593
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#199

Post by Bitter Clinger » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:33 am

WildBill wrote:Come on guys. This is politics and logic has no place.
That is quite logical IMHO. :cheers2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח


cyphertext
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 634
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 am

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#200

Post by cyphertext » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:45 am

Bitter Clinger wrote:
So, without yet again :deadhorse:, yes, my opinion is that the data in the dead terrorist's phone, that phone belonging to San Bernadino govt, should be turned over in case there is any information in there that could prevent the death of more innocent civilians.

YMMV. That does not put me in the same category as Barack Hussein Obama - according to LOGIC.
Actually, it does.... at least on this issue. :reddevil


TomsTXCHL
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:52 am

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#201

Post by TomsTXCHL » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:25 am

Bitter Clinger wrote:The majority of us can disagree without being disagreeable.
Wow, talk about being disagreeable!?!?!

You side with the govt and BHO. That is why you will not own any Apple products. I get it.

User avatar

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 2593
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#202

Post by Bitter Clinger » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:40 am

TomsTXCHL wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:The majority of us can disagree without being disagreeable.
Wow, talk about being disagreeable!?!?!

You side with the govt and BHO. That is why you will not own any Apple products. I get it.
Well let's see Mr. "I aced Logic" "rlol" . On Wed Feb 17, 2016 @ 10:02 am YOU wrote:

If it is possible for Apple to cooperate with that investigation without revealing their encryption methods to gov't, then maybe they should cooperate.
And your point is?

I am sure that you will need you have the last word as well, so have at it. :waiting:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

SA_Steve
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: San Antonio, north central hills

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#203

Post by SA_Steve » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:14 pm

Now they are going after "Whatsapp" for supporting end to end voice and message encryption.

An article I read recently revealed that there are at least 200 encryption apps for smartphones or PC's, half sold by US companies ( and some developed with tax money / gov research support ) and the rest sold by companies outside the US.

You cannot put the encryption genie back in the bottle.
You may have the last word.


TomsTXCHL
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:52 am

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#204

Post by TomsTXCHL » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:10 am

Bitter Clinger wrote:
TomsTXCHL wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:The majority of us can disagree without being disagreeable.
Wow, talk about being disagreeable!?!?!

You side with the govt and BHO. That is why you will not own any Apple products. I get it.
Well let's see Mr. "I aced Logic" "rlol" . On Wed Feb 17, 2016 @ 10:02 am YOU wrote:

If it is possible for Apple to cooperate with that investigation without revealing their encryption methods to gov't, then maybe they should cooperate.
And your point is?

I am sure that you will need you have the last word as well, so have at it. :waiting:
Wrong again sir--TAM wrote that, not me.

Carry on.

:banghead:

User avatar

Keith B
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 18280
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#205

Post by Keith B » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:43 am

OK folks, keep the discussions civil or the topic will be locked. :rules:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 17
Posts: 17101
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#206

Post by WildBill » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Just saw that "an outside party" will unlock the phone, so Apple is off the hook.

I guess it must not have been encrypted as well as some people thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/22/techn ... phone.html
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 2593
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#207

Post by Bitter Clinger » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:05 pm

WildBill wrote:Just saw that "an outside party" will unlock the phone, so Apple is off the hook.

I guess it must not have been encrypted as well as some people thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/22/techn ... phone.html
I started a new thread as this one was getting too long and I wanted to give TomsTXCHL a fresh pallette with which to trash me personally:

See viewtopic.php?f=94&t=83351
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 17
Posts: 17101
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#208

Post by WildBill » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Bitter Clinger wrote:
WildBill wrote:Just saw that "an outside party" will unlock the phone, so Apple is off the hook.

I guess it must not have been encrypted as well as some people thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/22/techn ... phone.html
I started a new thread as this one was getting too long and I wanted to give TomsTXCHL a fresh pallette with which to trash me personally.

See viewtopic.php?f=94&t=83351
Okay, consider yourself trashed! :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 2593
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: This is why I will not own any Apple products!

#209

Post by Bitter Clinger » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:47 pm

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”