Carrying an empty holster

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carrying an empty holster

Post by n5wmk »

I was at a job for a while in downtown Dallas, two blocks away from the Crowley Courts building. There's a really good cafeteria in the basement there, and of course the court building is posted 30.06/07, and they have the x-ray equipment and walk-through metal detector. My workplace was also 30.06/07, so I would leave my EDC in my lockable safe in my truck, and leave my Crossbreed IWB on my belt, just because I don't like to bother with having to loosen my belt and pants to put it back on after work.

When I went to lunch at the court building one day, put my wallet and keys in the bin for the x-ray, but I left the holster on my belt because I trip the detector anyway (I have steel knees). I told the security lady about by knees when I tripped the alarm and when she wanded me and found the empty holster, her eyes got real big and she asked "What is that?" "It's an empty holster", I said. "Why do you have it?" "Because I can't have it with a gun in here." The other security guy just chuckled and waved me through.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Carrying an empty holster

Post by Lynyrd »

n5wmk wrote:I was at a job for a while in downtown Dallas, two blocks away from the Crowley Courts building. There's a really good cafeteria in the basement there, and of course the court building is posted 30.06/07, and they have the x-ray equipment and walk-through metal detector. My workplace was also 30.06/07, so I would leave my EDC in my lockable safe in my truck, and leave my Crossbreed IWB on my belt, just because I don't like to bother with having to loosen my belt and pants to put it back on after work.

When I went to lunch at the court building one day, put my wallet and keys in the bin for the x-ray, but I left the holster on my belt because I trip the detector anyway (I have steel knees). I told the security lady about by knees when I tripped the alarm and when she wanded me and found the empty holster, her eyes got real big and she asked "What is that?" "It's an empty holster", I said. "Why do you have it?" "Because I can't have it with a gun in here." The other security guy just chuckled and waved me through.
:thumbs2: :smilelol5: I almost blew coffee out my nose on this one! Good story!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”