Congress Passes Bill For Sale Of Milsurp 1911 Pistols Through CMP

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Congress Passes Bill For Sale Of Milsurp 1911 Pistols Through CMP

Post by Pawpaw »

It looks like it may happen, this time.
A 2015 bill was passed that authorized the transfer of 1911 during the Obama Administration, though none were actually transferred. This bill, however, sets a minimum for transfer, so it should take place this time around.
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/11/2 ... stols-cmp/
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

uthornsfan

Re: Congress Passes Bill For Sale Of Milsurp 1911 Pistols Through CMP

Post by uthornsfan »

I have been saving up some of my yearly gun purchase allotment from "Wifes authorization act of 2010" to get one of these as soon as it is available.

Nuts
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Nuts »

uthornsfan wrote:I have been saving up some of my yearly gun purchase allotment from "Wifes authorization act of 2010" to get one of these as soon as it is available.
Lol, I’m under the “over my dead body” act of 2017. She wasn’t happy about 2 AR’s and a new carry pistol in under a month.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I remember when you could get the 1911 from the DCM for ~$17 and a 1903 for ~$15. M1 and M1 Carbines would also be available from time to time.

I got a 1903 about a half century ago that came via Railway Express. That was back in 'the goodle days'. *sigh*

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Roo bad I missed my spending ceillin for the next 2 years.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

How does one go about purchasing one of these if or when they become available?

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Jake

Go to the CMP website and it will tell you all. Biggest is to be a member of a "Recognized" Club. NRA does not count, but Texas State Rifle Association does. There are also others such as the Garand Collectors Association.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

From the CMP FAQ: (same should apply to the 1911's)

Q?
Do I need to get preapproved or send paperwork in advance to purchase rifles from the CMP?
A.
CMP has four requirements for purchase: age over 18, US citizenship, firearms related activity, and membership in a CMP affiliated organization. You can go to the eligibility requirements section of our website to see what is acceptable as proof of each requirement.

Although you can send all of this in advance of a mail order, we recommend that you wait and attach everything to the first order that you mail to us. In the case of a rifle order where you have to send all the paperwork anyway then providing all the qualifying documentation in advance only saves a couple of minutes in processing time once we actually do get your order.

You can fax or email documentation to us ahead of time if you want to purchase items through our eStore or if you want to get an account set up in anticipation of making a purchase at one of our stores.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/
Civilian Markmanship Program website
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I bet these won't be cheap. I'm annoyed I missed out on the 1903 and Carbines but at least I managed a Service Grade Springfield.
Psalm 91:2

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I've never considered a 1911. But having a surplus military one is interesting.

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

I am guessing/hoping/budgeting $1200-$1500 for a nice service grade 1911 with a WWII serial.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I would guess that they are going to go for much less than $1000. Look at how the garands worked.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

philip964 wrote:I've never considered a 1911. But having a surplus military one is interesting.
The trigger will steal your heart. Very, very clinically perfect release when properly smithed up. When not properly smithed up, still just about the best. The crowd I ran with when I first got into guns would set aside a 1911 with disdain if there was any sensation of trigger movement. Five to seven pounds was the desired weight for a defensive trigger, three or so was good for competition. I have a 1911 that's shot 5,000 or more rounds with a clean three pound trigger that hasn't changed characteristics at all.

I hear the criticism of the old design, and I know they require more precision in setup. But there's nothing like a sweet running Government model.

Also, to tell a personal secret, I like to write. A 1911 hammer reminds me of a typewriter impression bar. I know I'm not supposed to have any patience with gangster slang or "Chicago typewriters," but the analogy fits. Writing is a precision exercise. So is shooting.

Topic author
Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The CMP is ready and waiting.

CMP Set to Receive up to 10,000 Surplus 1911s
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”