Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Honolulu PD begins confiscation of registered guns...

Post by SewTexas »

bmwrdr wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
SewTexas wrote:personally, I think marijuana might have helped my father-in-law's back pain, but he never would have tried it since it's illegal. Now, if a Dr said it would help my migraines I'd go for it night and day. My new neurologist actually mentioned Botox this week, it's suppose to be great for migraines.
Me too. May have to go to Colorado to see if it helps migraines. Doubt it.
Got a new pain med, Zomig....nasal spray, weird, but it worked. Expensive even with insurance.
Technically not a pain med. Zomig I believe is available generic now in pill form and works very well for migraines in some people. Go with the pill and save yourself some money. Just as good as the nasal spray.

I'm having 3 day migraines, even with Imitrex. I need something to work fast since I'm caregiver to my MIL. These 3 day migraines aren't good. He's trying this to see if it will knock them out. It seems to have worked. Just one dose and it was gone! That's worth the $

I'm sorry for the thread drift guys
Strangest thing those migranes. I dealt with it in 2012-13 and it stopped when I added beets to my salad.
most of them I don't know what they are from, the one yesterday was from the change in the barometric pressure from the front.
Migraines have been a constant companion of mine for over 20 years, they've gotten more frequent over the last 5 years or so. I'm really hopeful with this new neuro. If he doesn't work out I'm going to go find some of that pot we were discussing. :lol:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

Honolulu PD To Review Gun Confiscation Policy
The Honolulu Police Department thought it was a fine idea to confiscate guns of anyone with a gun and a medical marijuana card. To say they caught flak for that might just be a slight understatement. For one thing, it was a rare example of the gun rights crowd and the pro-legalization of pot crowd finding themselves on the same side of the discussion and all of that was directed at the Honolulu PD.

Now, they’re taking a step back and reviewing that new policy.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 13

Post by bmwrdr »

SewTexas wrote:
most of them I don't know what they are from, the one yesterday was from the change in the barometric pressure from the front.
Migraines have been a constant companion of mine for over 20 years, they've gotten more frequent over the last 5 years or so. I'm really hopeful with this new neuro. If he doesn't work out I'm going to go find some of that pot we were discussing. :lol:
Sorry to hear about your migraines. I had it in 12/13 as stated and I got rid of it without medication. I changed my diet to about 60% vegetables including plenty beets and the rest greens, onion, farlic, carrots and whatever you find in the vegetable section. The other 40% are chicken, fish and a steak maybe once a month, nothing greasy and no sugar at all. For dressing I use oil and vinegar.
I aslso walk at least 2 miles a day and up to 30 miles a day. I don't have a TV and the only screen time I get is on my PC and that I keep at a minimum.
Try it, it does not hurt but it will change the chemistry in your body in a positive way.
Did I mention vinegar? I have at least a shot glass of apple cider vinegar mixed in a glas of water.
In regards to wheed, better don't get me started on that topic.

:cheers2:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

bmwrdr wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
rotor wrote:
SewTexas wrote:personally, I think marijuana might have helped my father-in-law's back pain, but he never would have tried it since it's illegal. Now, if a Dr said it would help my migraines I'd go for it night and day. My new neurologist actually mentioned Botox this week, it's suppose to be great for migraines.
Me too. May have to go to Colorado to see if it helps migraines. Doubt it.
Got a new pain med, Zomig....nasal spray, weird, but it worked. Expensive even with insurance.
Technically not a pain med. Zomig I believe is available generic now in pill form and works very well for migraines in some people. Go with the pill and save yourself some money. Just as good as the nasal spray.

I'm having 3 day migraines, even with Imitrex. I need something to work fast since I'm caregiver to my MIL. These 3 day migraines aren't good. He's trying this to see if it will knock them out. It seems to have worked. Just one dose and it was gone! That's worth the $

I'm sorry for the thread drift guys
Strangest thing those migranes. I dealt with it in 2012-13 and it stopped when I added beets to my salad.
Mine stopped when I started using my CPAP to treat my sleep apnea.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Back to drifting: my wife suffers from migraines a lot. Zomig nasal inhaler works -- sometimes -- to relieve it, the Zomig pills don't. Worth trying the pills, but the route of delivery seems to matter. Nasal works much faster, probably doesn't last as long.

She did Botox injections for prevention of migraine, but as far as I could tell it didn't help much. She is just starting to try Depakote now as a daily migraine preventative. She has had it in the past as a rescue med to stop some migraines that lasted over a month (!), and it worked well for that.

Good luck to anyone who has to deal with migraines.
USAF 1982-2005

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

ELB wrote:Back to drifting: my wife suffers from migraines a lot. Zomig nasal inhaler works -- sometimes -- to relieve it, the Zomig pills don't. Worth trying the pills, but the route of delivery seems to matter. Nasal works much faster, probably doesn't last as long.

She did Botox injections for prevention of migraine, but as far as I could tell it didn't help much. She is just starting to try Depakote now as a daily migraine preventative. She has had it in the past as a rescue med to stop some migraines that lasted over a month (!), and it worked well for that.

Good luck to anyone who has to deal with migraines.
a month long migraine! oh heavens! I had one that lasted 4 days, that was my longest and more than long enough for me.
the Zomig does have an injectable that is suppose to be even faster and better than the nasal, I'm afraid to ask how much those are. :shock: plus I'm slightly needle phobic.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”