MSNBC Host: Handgun Bullets Are Ineffective In Stopping School Shooters Because They're Too Slow

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

MSNBC Host: Handgun Bullets Are Ineffective In Stopping School Shooters Because They're Too Slow

Post by Pawpaw »

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... t-n2453904
MSNBC anchors are claiming that teachers armed with handguns would be unable to stop a school shooter because rifles shoot “three times faster.”

Anchor Lawrence O’Donnell said on his show Thursday night that “a bullet fired from an AR-15 travels 3x faster than one from a handgun…and yet the president and the NRA think giving teachers guns will stop a school shooter.”
:banghead:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Re: MSNBC Host: Handgun Bullets Are Ineffective In Stopping School Shooters Because They're Too Slow

Post by Jusme »

I'll let him stand in front of my 9mm and tell him when I am about to squeeze the trigger, and see if he can dodge it!! :banghead:

I keep thinking, stupidity has limits, but then, I keep getting disappointed.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MSNBC Host: Handgun Bullets Are Ineffective In Stopping School Shooters Because They're Too Slow

Post by Lynyrd »

Jusme wrote:
I'm gonna plagiarize that one! :thumbs2:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

It seems to me that a gunfight is not a drag race -- and that projectiles flying at ~1,000 feet/second are going to be nearly that much faster than a human being propelled by their own feet. The latter difference is the only one that matters terminally. The effectiveness then boils down to where that shot impacts its target.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

MSNBC is total joke. I'm sure snopes will be along to "confirm" their "analysis" "rlol" "rlol"
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

MSNBC is the standard that CNN seeks to be better than, occasionally achieving it.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

So that changes my whole perspective of reality
Handgun Bullets Are Ineffective In Stopping Shooters Because They're Too Slow
... is that the reason Handgun Control Inc changed their name?
I mean if handguns are relatively harmless & can't stop a person.

Which begs the question why Police would need a handgun.

Also ... those protests I've seen where police shot & killed a bad guy with the policeman's handgun ... were those bad guys just actors so they could stage protests later? ....

Trayvon should have been told that George Zimmeraman's Keltec pistol was ineffective ...or ... is that what Trayvon actually thought and that's why he jumped George ... wow my mind is over exerted now ...

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

MSNBC, More Stupid Nitwits Broadcasting Crap.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

But if the teachers use those heat seeking handgun bullets they could probably negate the speed advantage of rifle rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ

Or we could just arm teachers and police officers with AR's, but lets not confuse them with logic.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Where do these self-appointed experts get their information? Russia?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Jusme wrote:I'll let him stand in front of my 9mm and tell him when I am about to squeeze the trigger, and see if he can dodge it!! :banghead:

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits.

Even a .45 ACP, moving at 850 fps, is going about 580 mph. I would pay to see him dodge that!

Even better would be seeing him catch it with his teeth. Since it's so slow, that should be no challenge at all.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:But if the teachers use those heat seeking handgun bullets they could probably negate the speed advantage of rifle rounds.

Or we could just arm teachers and police officers with AR's, but lets not confuse them with logic.
LOL. Heat seeking huh? Where can we get those things? They seem to be quite elusive around here. :lol:

Oh, don't forget, I think there are some claims that some bullets can magically "swerve" around corners too. I am so old-school. Mine have none of these magical powers.
Just some guy's opinion.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:But if the teachers use those heat seeking handgun bullets they could probably negate the speed advantage of rifle rounds.

LOL!! You could have armed those cops with anything! They had absolutely 100% NO intention of going into that school during the shooting!!!! :mad5
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

MSLSD strikes again.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”