Can it be?: We may lose more gun rights under Trump than Obama?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Can it be?: We may lose more gun rights under Trump than Obama?

Post by SQLGeek »

roadkill wrote:And then there’s this.
President Trump Asks Dianne Feinstein to Add ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban to School Safety Bill

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... fety-bill/
Whoa. :shock:
Psalm 91:2

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

But, But ....
It's for the children.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

There's a lot of speculation that Trump's just playing them, it's all one of his clever acts, and he has no intention of letting it pass. If he IS serious, he's toast.
-Ruark

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

SQLGeek wrote:
President Trump Asks Dianne Feinstein to Add ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban to School Safety Bill

Yep. Look at the absolute glee on Feinstein's face when Trump announces there should be an assault weapons ban. She claps her hands and smiles. She almost jumps in her chair.

http://youtu.be/PfZvj0_O_Jc
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Ruark wrote:There's a lot of speculation that Trump's just playing them, it's all one of his clever acts, and he has no intention of letting it pass. If he IS serious, he's toast.
Even if he's playing them, he's playing with fire while sitting next to a 55 gallon drum of kerosene. I don't have a huge sample, but from what I've seen people aren't impressed with what he was saying yesterday.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Ruark wrote:There's a lot of speculation that Trump's just playing them, it's all one of his clever acts, and he has no intention of letting it pass. If he IS serious, he's toast.
Even if he's playing them, he's playing with fire while sitting next to a 55 gallon drum of kerosene. I don't have a huge sample, but from what I've seen people aren't impressed with what he was saying yesterday.
Same. I posted on Facebook about it and got an unusual amount of profanity directed at Trump from conservative friends who don't typically comment on my posts. The BEST reaction I got was one of optimistic exasperation. I had one friend so irritated about Trump's comments on national reciprocity that he about threw his phone lol
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Syntyr wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:

Yep. Look at the absolute glee on Feinstein's face when Trump announces there should be an assault weapons ban. She claps her hands and smiles. She almost jumps in her chair.

That video made me throw up in my mouth a lot.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Syntyr wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:

That video made me throw up in my mouth a lot.

I almost wonder if he's just throwing everything into one giant Frankenstein bill that's so bloated with garbage it could never pass in a republican-controlled congress. "Add that in, add this in" yet he commented that national reciprocity needed to be removed for the rest of that bill to pass. Maybe he knows combination bills are almost certain to fail, so he's combining all of these awful anti-gun bill into a Hindenburg? Here's hoping...
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott B. »

I don't want to fight, but this is what happens when you have no core principles or values. Trump will always be at heart, a New York big city plutocrat. I'm sure wiser voices are pulling him back from the edge on this one, but it won't be the last time.

On balance, he's been a win on policy and govt red tape. But, he's going to give you heart attacks from time to time if you expect him to be any thing other than what he is.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

I am thinking he asked the republicans to add national reciprocity to any bill with an AR ban, even if he publicly states to remove national reciprocity.
The dems will vote against it and then he can say it was the dems fault for not passing it.
I agree, he is playing with fire, but he is who he is, it’s what he does.
Guess we will find out, if he signs an AR ban, then he won’t be re-elected.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

jason812

Post by jason812 »

flowrie wrote:I am thinking he asked the republicans to add national reciprocity to any bill with an AR ban, even if he publicly states to remove national reciprocity.
The dems will vote against it and then he can say it was the dems fault for not passing it.
I agree, he is playing with fire, but he is who he is, it’s what he does.
Guess we will find out, if he signs an AR ban, then he won’t be re-elected.
This is my hope. He is going to have the dems sabotage their own bill. It might work or it might backfire terribly. If that's not what he is doing, forum rules won't let me comment any further.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

DocV

Post by DocV »

carlson1 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ess-second

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

This is by far the biggest problem statement from today
That act should have the same or similar process as a warrant to take away your 4th amendment.
:iagree: with fear and trembling.
He can never walk back this statement attacking the 5th and 2nd to my satisfaction. I "unsubscribed" to his two-a-day requests for contributions.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

DocV wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ess-second

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

This is by far the biggest problem statement from today
That act should have the same or similar process as a warrant to take away your 4th amendment.
:iagree: with fear and trembling.
He can never walk back this statement attacking the 5th and 2nd to my satisfaction. I "unsubscribed" to his two-a-day requests for contributions.
I just came here to post basically the same story - but from the Daily Wire (https://www.dailywire.com/news/27706/be ... en-shapiro). If they pull this crap, I will never vote for another republican candidate again - at ANY level. Period. Since 2012, I’ve been a libertarian-leaning independent, and proud of being an independent. But if they pass this ....... if it even gets out of committee ..... I am all in with the Libertarian Party, and the GOP can pitch woo to my considerable posterior.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Trump after Sen. Toomey says gun control bill didn't include changing age restrictions: "You know why, because you're afraid of the NRA."
So now he's ridiculing Republican senators for being "afraid of the NRA"? Unbelievable. Whatever happened to "my first day in office, those gun-free zones will disappear"?

Maybe he's not even PLANNING to run for re-election. Maybe he doesn't want to. It's often said he never wanted to be president in the first place.

This guy comes across like a "car salesman." He just smiles and nods and shakes hands and agrees with everybody he meets, saying whatever will make them like him.
-Ruark

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Ruark wrote:
Trump after Sen. Toomey says gun control bill didn't include changing age restrictions: "You know why, because you're afraid of the NRA."
So now he's ridiculing Republican senators for being "afraid of the NRA"? Unbelievable. Whatever happened to "my first day in office, those gun-free zones will disappear"?

Maybe he's not even PLANNING to run for re-election. Maybe he doesn't want to. It's often said he never wanted to be president in the first place.

This guy comes across like a "car salesman." He just smiles and nods and shakes hands and agrees with everybody he meets, saying whatever will make them like him.
Trump is counting on his base not deserting him regardless of what he does. He believes that he has 1/3 of the voters locked up, while 1/3 of the voters will never vote for him regardless. He is trying to get more of the middle 1/3 to get over 50% in total. But he has miscalculated, IMHO. His base will not stand with him after this crap he is pulling now. I for one, am done. And I mean done. I can tolerate insults and stupid comments. Those are just words. But actions have consequences and he is screwing around with the rights that form the foundation of our very system of government.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”