Time to donate to the NRA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Time to donate to the NRA

Post by bblhd672 »

If every NRA member recruited one new member this week, the results would stun the left.

Good to see that the NRA sites are back up.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

relocker wrote:Just bought memberships for the wife, both kids, and my mom.

Let's keep this going.
Thanks and yes, we need to keep this going. I'm sponsoring 10 new annual members who promise to renew every year.

Chas.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

The memberships are discounted right now... just went for the 5 yrs for $100! :cheers2:

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Not just the NRA site, I have noticed that a couple of other "Gun Sites" seem to be acting odd, not fully loading, unexpected closing, etc. Must be time to put on the tin foil hat. You are NOT paranoid if they really are out to get you.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

I don't care for the NRA. I thought that their treatment of Ron Paul, likely the most pro-2A congressman that we have ever had, was shameful. I am a life member of GAO, but constistently told the NRA to get lost when they called. I still don't like them.

That said, I joined last week because no other lobbying organization is as effective.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

I have a family member turning 18 years old very soon. His ambition is to join the Service, become a SEAL, and make a lifetime commitment to the US Military. I will be giving him a Lifetime Membership for his 18th.

:tiphat:
Just some guy's opinion.

Locke

Post by Locke »

The boycott of NRA sponsors isn't right so I just joined as a life member. Will encourage others to join.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
relocker wrote:Just bought memberships for the wife, both kids, and my mom.

Let's keep this going.
Thanks and yes, we need to keep this going. I'm sponsoring 10 new annual members who promise to renew every year.

Chas.
How are you identifying these 10 people? I think this is a great idea....
Assuming I can find $350 to sponsor 10 people, would that be the better way to go vs a direct donation to ILA?

Separately, probably the #2 compliant I hear about becoming a member (after disagreement on political priorities, which is easy enough to talk through) is "I was a member a few years ago and they filled my mailbox and voice mail with tons of spam" ... I'd wager the NRA could have a very successful marketing campaign under the banner "We've changed our spam policy to be strictly opt-in"..
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

relocker

Post by relocker »

Assuming I can find $350 to sponsor 10 people
Gift memberships can be purchased for $25/ea. That would knock $100 off the total. Go to nra2018.org and log in with your own member number. Find the link for gift memberships there.

I'm a little torn about using the modest discounts at a time when the organization can really use the cash. For recruiting multiple members, however, I think it's the numbers that matter more.

Kevin

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
montgomery wrote:We also need new members. Every person who owns a firearm should be a member IMHO.
Absolutely! This is the only way to offset the flood of money being poured into the anti-gun hysteria movement. Money gets our message out and members are voters. Join the NRA now! Sign up every family member. Try to get all of your friends to join. The only thing that trumps money is votes.

Chas.
:iagree:

And if forum members are already a member of the NRA, as Texans, please join the TSRA as well. :txflag:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

No, don't just donate, JOIN!!!! The legislative strength of the NRA is its numbers, not its money; it represents over 20 million voters (members plus their friends and families and other supporters). The bigger the numbers, the more power NRA has. JOIN NOW.
-Ruark

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

relocker wrote:
Gift memberships can be purchased for $25/ea. That would knock $100 off the total. Go to nra2018.org and log in with your own member number. Find the link for gift memberships there.
Thanks for that link. I've been wondering how to buy gift membership instead of just signing someone up at the regular membership join page.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

relocker

Post by relocker »

I suppose the best approach is to determine how much your comfortable with giving, then use the discount to buy as many gift memberships as your chosen amount will allow. This will maximize both cash intake and membership.

For those concerned with spam, it's worth noting that emails and phone numbers can be omitted from the guest membership form. I don't think you'll ever stop the hard mailings. After all, a primary objective is to keep membership informed of issues and to solicit funds to keep up the fight.

Kevin

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I donated $100, declining any gifts. Then I discovered my wife's membership had lapsed - fixed that, too.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”