CNN Expert demos Full Semi Auto AR15 mode - The stupid burns

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CNN Expert demos Full Semi Auto AR15 mode - The stupid burns

Post by puma guy »

Syntyr wrote:I am just shaking my head. I dont know where else to go with this. CNN analyst shoots AR15 while holding it out in front of him. It is almost like he is trying to make it look hard to handle. Then the retired General is up and he shoots a couple of rounds. Then he takes it into Fully Semiautomatic Mode - Whatever that is...

CNN's Gary Tuchman goes to a shooting range to take an up-close look at an AR-15-style rifle with retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling.
I think your title CNN Expert should read CNN "Expert"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

I think the General had some good things to say. If you want an AR-15, you should be able to buy one. The problem is when they get into the hands of the wrong people.

That's about the only sensible thing he said. And, of course, they will argue that we are all the 'wrong people'.
NRA lifetime member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

A behind the desk general that has no idea what is in the real world and cant shoot his way out of a paper bag. You just cant make this stuff up and you cant fix stupid
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

DocV

Post by DocV »

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27669/af ... es-barrett
"The clip about AR 15s with @GaryTuchmanCNN shown on @AC360 tonight. This was a 90 minute discussion and firing put into a succinct 3-minute story by the pros at @CNN," wrote Hertling. "For all those critiquing my phrase 'full semi automatic,' you are correct. I was attempting to inform the crew that I was going from 'single shot' to continuous trigger and rapid trigger pull using the semiautomatic capability. My apologies...but perhaps you’re missing the point."
I am tempted to let the General know he should have said "The magazine about AR 15s ..." rather than "The clip about AR 15s ..." :biggrinjester:

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I feel like I lost IQ points listening to and watching that video.
:iagree:

Gary Tuchman looked like a total wuss. It certainly was a full retard video segment from communist news network
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

DocV wrote:https://www.dailywire.com/news/27669/af ... es-barrett
"The clip about AR 15s with @GaryTuchmanCNN shown on @AC360 tonight. This was a 90 minute discussion and firing put into a succinct 3-minute story by the pros at @CNN," wrote Hertling. "For all those critiquing my phrase 'full semi automatic,' you are correct. I was attempting to inform the crew that I was going from 'single shot' to continuous trigger and rapid trigger pull using the semiautomatic capability. My apologies...but perhaps you’re missing the point."
I am tempted to let the General know he should have said "The magazine about AR 15s ..." rather than "The clip about AR 15s ..." :biggrinjester:
We missed the point, he missed the x-ring...

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

allisji

Post by allisji »

Flightmare wrote:So he fires "single shots", and then goes to "full semi-automatic"...does that make the single shots "semi semi-automatic"?
Interestingly the only thing that you have to do to switch from single shots to full semi auto is keep shooting. :headscratch
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I feel like I lost IQ points listening to and watching that video.
Nothing else needs to be said. ;-)
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

flechero

Post by flechero »

treadlightly wrote: We missed the point, he missed the x-ring...
Correction- he literally missed the entire b-27 target, with 1/2 the rounds, at j-frame range... with a rifle! :shock: I'm sure it was the full semi auto burst.. when his rate of fire increased to 40 rounds per minute from 35. :headscratch

stroo

Post by stroo »

Does that General even know how to shoot a rifle?? I think he shouldn't be allowed to even hold an AR 15!

allisji

Post by allisji »

His full semi-automatic weapon is interesting. I wonder if he also has semi-full automatic capability as well. I wish that he would have demonstrated that functionality and explained the difference between a semi-automatic weapon and a "machine gun"
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Let me know when somebody prints up the first 'fully semi-automatic' t-shirt or gets a variance on a lower with those markings.

I'm in for one at least.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

stroo wrote:Does that General even know how to shoot a rifle?? I think he shouldn't be allowed to even hold an AR 15!
Thats a great training video on how to NOT SHOOT or control a rifle! I would not want to be in front of him during war! I am willing to bet money that that is not his target and if it was, it was 10ft in front of him! "rlol"

...officers.... nuff said!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

Somebody should send the good General this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKk45i9DzDA&t=304s.

Hickok45 comparing a double barrel shotgun to an AR15 for home defense. Check out the part where he shoots it like a pistol. Very illustrative of the .223's gentle recoil in the AR setting.

But I don't want to be judgmental. There may be more to the story.

For instance, the General may suffer from chronic wussiness. That would entirely explain his muzzle control.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”