Estimated gun sales eclipsed historic highs in March

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Estimated gun sales eclipsed historic highs in March

Post by bblhd672 »

‘Yuge’ March for estimated gun sales
Estimated gun sales eclipsed historic highs in March, according to federal data.
Applications submitted to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System exceeded 2.7 million last month — the busiest March on record and the third highest ranking month since the FBI began keeping track in 1998.
http://www.guns.com/2018/04/03/estimate ... -in-march/

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Estimated gun sales eclipsed historic highs in March

Post by RHenriksen »

Okay, this was interesting.

I saved the image locally as c:\temp\gunsales.jpg, so I could share it on my FB page.

When I tried to upload the photo to a new post, the upload didn't happen. I had an empty post.

Went back, renames the JPG file to 'bunnies.jpg' and it uploaded successfully.

Big Brother is watching? :confused5
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I thought gun ownership was waning.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

anygunanywhere wrote:I thought gun ownership was waning.
Gun purchases were waning......but only from historic high sales in 2016. I believe gun sales are still up when you look at the last few decades.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

MechAg94 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:I thought gun ownership was waning.
Gun purchases were waning......but only from historic high sales in 2016. I believe gun sales are still up when you look at the last few decades.
That thread on 10 reasons to oppose gun control. One of the reasons was gun ownership is waning even though barry sold more ARs than anyone in history.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I think that they are saying the number of households with guns is going down, while the number of guns in the country is increasing. This can be explained by households who already have guns, purchasing more.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Flightmare wrote:I think that they are saying the number of households with guns is going down, while the number of guns in the country is increasing. This can be explained by households who already have guns, purchasing more.
Democrat controlled big cities are responsible for keeping millions of their citizens from owning guns. That and people aren't being honest with survey takers are the reasons number of households owning guns is allegedly down.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

bblhd672 wrote:
Flightmare wrote:I think that they are saying the number of households with guns is going down, while the number of guns in the country is increasing. This can be explained by households who already have guns, purchasing more.
Democrat controlled big cities are responsible for keeping millions of their citizens from owning guns. That and people aren't being honest with survey takers are the reasons number of households owning guns is allegedly down.
:iagree: THIS! I know a few liberals personally that would NEVER admit to owning a gun! (But they do)
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”