Deerfield Illinois

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
kayt00
Posts in topic: 5

Deerfield Illinois

Post by kayt00 »

I can only hope that this sort of attitude does not perpetuate any further than Illinois. :???:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/d ... story.html
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Deerfield Illinois

Post by oohrah »

This will be interesting to see how Deerfield plays this, since IL law invokes preemption in cases like this, but there were certain "windows" for municipalities to pass ordinances. Like everything else, the law lacks clarity, and there is no case law. Highland Park, IL did something similar. I hold my head in sorrow for those law abiding citizens of IL who have to put with this crap, and am thankful everyday I live in Texas.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

From what I read from that story along with others about it that law was modeled after the one written for Highland Park. I get more and more spooked everyday because of things like this. Then of course another story closer to home regarding Beto O'Rourke. From some stances we live in great place regarding our second amendment rights but I really feel like Texas is slowly shifting from red to purple and God help us all...blue. What more can we do to besides using our votes...while we have them.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

bye felicia! id be moving...to texas
NRA Member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Grundy1133 wrote:bye felicia! id be moving...to texas
NO, we do not need anymore transplants here. Unless they go to Austin and take a hippie to the border and kick them out of Texas.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

A group of us had a discussion the other night after our weekly match about where our line in the sand is.

The consensus was that when the items I purchased in good faith and without malicious intent are deemed illegal, the civil disobedience will begin. When "they" attempt to confiscate those same items, civil unrest will begin.

Folks in Deerfield, it's time for civil disobedience.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

jason812 wrote:
NO, we do not need anymore transplants here. Unless they go to Austin and take a hippie to the border and kick them out of Texas.
Forget it, I'm NOT going back to Illinois! Quite happy in Texas thank you.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

bblhd672 wrote:
jason812 wrote:
Forget it, I'm NOT going back to Illinois! Quite happy in Texas thank you.
Then it's your civic duty to take a hippie to Mexico or take an illegal to California. No, that's not a typo.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

It will be interesting to see if this turns out like the Connecticut bans did with a standoff between the gun owners and the politicians. If you believe the numbers, less than a third of the banned weapons and magazines were handled according to that CT law. No enforcement action that I've been able to find in spite of the pre-ban threats about that in the news.

In order to impose the new fines, Deerfield is going to have to determine that someone still has one of the banned weapons or components after the effective date. It would seem that other Bill of Rights items come into play with that. I expected to find the town in Cook County but it is just North of that boundary.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

canvasbck wrote:A group of us had a discussion the other night after our weekly match about where our line in the sand is.

The consensus was that when the items I purchased in good faith and without malicious intent are deemed illegal, the civil disobedience will begin. When "they" attempt to confiscate those same items, civil unrest will begin.

:iagree:

What exactly is the difference between banning an AR-15 from your town and banning a Synagogue? Both are protected by the U.S. constitution. Not specifically, of course, but as a means of practicing something that is a protected right. And in both cases, the bans would be wrong, both morally and legally. Unfortunately, our judicial branch has ceded all of it's power to the legislative and executive branches, most recently by upholding the requirement to buy a service you may not want or need (health insurance). This is precisely the time that civil disobedience is needed.

I would also note that the first situation you mention will be upon us all shortly, when the items that people have purchased in good faith and without malicious intent are deemed illegal. They are starting with bump stocks. We will see how many of the estimated 560,000 are actually turned in. Let's hope for everyone's sake that the government does not move on to attempted confiscations. That will not end well, IMHO.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Just another infringement added on top of the hundreds (thousands?) of others such as the 1934 NFA, 1938 FFA, the decision in US v. Miller in 1939, 1968 GCA, Nixon’s program against handguns, the 1986 FOPA, Bush I’s ban on foreign cosmetically offensive weapons in 1989, the NICS, Clinton's AWB....and on and on.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

canvasbck wrote:A group of us had a discussion the other night after our weekly match about where our line in the sand is.

Funny you should mention this. Some friends and I were talking about the same subject over the weekend while butchering a hog. We had about the same consensus but varied a bit on just how far we were willing to take it. Some would have no problem fighting to defend their 2A rights. We also pondered how many LEO's would comply with orders to confiscate our weapons when we had committed no crime.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Lynyrd wrote:

Funny you should mention this. Some friends and I were talking about the same subject over the weekend while butchering a hog. We had about the same consensus but varied a bit on just how far we were willing to take it. Some would have no problem fighting to defend their 2A rights. We also pondered how many LEO's would comply with orders to confiscate our weapons when we had committed no crime.
When confiscation comes you will be criminals. The government will pass laws making you criminals. There is no reigning in the government once it gets rolling. We all will be terrorists, criminals and/or judged raving lunatic crazy all in the name of making the tyrannical society safe from our guns. This is how all of the confiscations started.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

PBR

Post by PBR »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illinois-t ... 0-per-day/
So, beginning June 13, banned assault weapons in Deerfield will include semiautomatic rifles with a fixed magazine and a capacity to hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, shotguns with revolving cylinders, and conversion kits from which assault weapons can be assembled. And those are just a few of the firearm varieties banned. The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.
will be interesting to see how this plays out -- sure feel sorry for those folks
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

Topic author
kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Unfortunately they seem to have covered all the bases with that poor excuse for a "law". I could see something similar coming down the pipe if O'Rourke beats Cruz here at home.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
Bring back BitterClinger

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”