Banks getting in on the action

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
kayt00
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Banks getting in on the action

Post by kayt00 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've had a BOA credit card through the State Bar of Texas for many years. I'll be closing that account today. From now on, I'll have only an NRA affiliated credit card, other than my AmEx.

Chas.
I understand if you do not want to answer the question directly but who are these NRA affiliated credit companies? Are there full service banks along the same line?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LDB415 »

gtolbert09 wrote:It's kind of hypocritical since BofA sponsors Bass Pro Shops Credit Card especially since BPS pushes the use of that card to purchase firearms.
The left are nothing but hypocrites. Worthless.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Gonna cancel mine. It's time gun owners of America use there clout. Economic impact sends the loudest message. Most gun owners are employed they don't have the ability to march en mass for their beliefs as the anti's do and this would be a highly effective move to send a message. IMHO
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

kayt00 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've had a BOA credit card through the State Bar of Texas for many years. I'll be closing that account today. From now on, I'll have only an NRA affiliated credit card, other than my AmEx.

Chas.
I understand if you do not want to answer the question directly but who are these NRA affiliated credit companies? Are there full service banks along the same line?
In terms of NRA affiliate credit cards, it's only the Omaha bank had said it will not renew the contract when it expires. Several other banks have stated they want the business, but I don't know which one we'll use.

Chas.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Citigroup, WellsFargo, BofA, and the list goes on. All are bad companies to deal with in my opinion. I do all of my banking locally and my major credit card is Discover. Cash back with every purchase. Be honest, you go to the post office to buy stamps, pay with cash and pay full price. Buy with Discover card and get a discount. The trick of course is to pay it off every month.
I go into my local bank and can sit down and talk to my banker. Try that with the big boys.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

warnmar10 wrote:
Paladin wrote:
OneGun wrote:I stopped doing business with B of A a long time ago when they wanted to charge a fee to visit with a human teller rather than the ATM.
Same here. They are a terrible bank in so many ways.
NCNB bought B of A and took the name. NCNB had such a horrible reputation they had to do it. The reality is B of A = NCNB and always will.
B of A used to be a good bank. Sad when the bad banks take over the good ones.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

When are these banks going to stop doing business with the Universities that encourage violent protests in order to shut down free speech on their campuses?

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:When are these banks going to stop doing business with the Universities that encourage violent protests in order to shut down free speech on their campuses?
They're not going to do that. They only shut down channels with which they have disagreement.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

chamberc wrote:
OneGun wrote:I stopped doing business with B of A a long time ago when they wanted to charge a fee to visit with a human teller rather than the ATM.
Hmm... they want to charge you for something that costs them money? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Why should I have to pay for a service I don't use? It seems to me, such use-based pricing is the epitome of the American way.
Except B of A uses my money to make loans and charges the debtors interest for using my money. So, why should I pay to access my money? They should pay me for using my money for earning loan interest revenues.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

flechero

Post by flechero »

OneGun wrote:
chamberc wrote:
Hmm... they want to charge you for something that costs them money? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Why should I have to pay for a service I don't use? It seems to me, such use-based pricing is the epitome of the American way.
Except B of A uses my money to make loans and charges the debtors interest for using my money. So, why should I pay to access my money? They should pay me for using my money for earning loan interest revenues.
My monthly account fees cover any interaction I would have with a teller, just like it has for about 150 years. If the ATM is so great or cuts costs, why not incentivize it's use?

The key to this is that they didn't offer a discount to it's depositors to use the ATM... they just jacked the fee to see the teller that had been free since the bank first came into business many years ago. (and even if we use the ATM, that teller is still sitting there doing nothing but watching us use the ATM) And there are many basic services you can get from a teller that you can't get from an ATM. Each Christmas, I tip a bunch of people that use services from (barber, mailman, UPS guy, trash guy, etc.) and unless I want to give everyone a multiple of 20, the ATM is not useful... not to mention when I get cash it is usually several hundred dollars and my wallet will not close property with a big wad of 20's. Remember George Castanza from Seinfeld?? :lol:

They also removed the drive thru banking lanes and installed ATM's in the lanes at out local B of A's. :banghead: So not it's an indoor or outdoor ATM- or the pay teller inside. :headscratch We need a w t f emoji! ...lol

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I pulled most of my accounts from BoA a few weeks ago, am with First Texas now. Big difference. They know my wife and I by sight. They act like they are glad to see us, They pay me for account that BoA wanted to charge us for.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Pawpaw wrote:I have a feeling the banks will stop this nonsense soon.

Citigroup faces GOP backlash on gun policy
Though a growing number of corporate titans are distancing themselves from firearms, Citi’s decision got under the skin of conservatives in Congress who are trying to fend off new gun control measures. It annoyed Republicans who have supported deregulatory measures that will help the bank, even after the government rescued it from near-collapse during the 2008 Wall Street meltdown.

"The very fact that Citi remains operational is due entirely to the generosity of the American taxpayers," Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) said in a scathing letter to Citigroup CEO Michael Corbat. "Please don’t forget that.”

Republicans are now taking aim at Citigroup’s government contracts and warning that they'll think twice about helping the lender the next time it needs assistance from Congress.
Oops!!!
Yep, go ahead and try to bite the hand that feeds you!
What I found interesting about the article, was that the spokesperson, said they were going to stop loaning to manufacturers, but when asked about retailers, she said that was a Second Amendment issue?

With profits going through the roof, for firearms manufacturers, as well as retail outlets, I doubt that any of them will have much trouble finding financial backers. See ya BofA!
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I pulled out of BofA years ago. When I closed my account, they asked for two forms of picture ID. I used my CHL and DL. The teller didn't like it, but she took it as a second ID. That was the last time I set foot in one of their banks.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Meanwhile, I think that some are getting worried about the backlash.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/13/news/co ... index.html

A lot of money was pulled out of Wells Fargo after their latest scandal, They must be excited about this new business opportunity.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Chas.
I'm going to keep my credit card account open, but not use it. They'll have to maintain the account with no income from it.
Charlie

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”