Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by mojo84 »

The media is doing all it can to sway the vote to Beto by making sure Ted's name isn't mentioned.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 8

Post by ScottDLS »

Time to Veto Beto. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

philip964
Posts in topic: 103

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/sena ... llen-show-

Beto to be on Ellen Show.

My female liberal Facebook friends seem to be going ga ga over Beto, even the lesbian ones.

California seems to be doing their best to get him elected here. I think after he loses, may be he should take his fame there and run for office.

flechero
Posts in topic: 30

Post by flechero »

It feels sooooooo dishonest that an Irishman uses a Hispanic name in a heavily Hispanic district. Even is I was into open borders, no guns, state run health care, lax laws and higher taxes. It's like he's just looking to capitalize on the big percentage of people that go into the booth with no idea who to vote for.

Chaparral
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Chaparral »

flechero wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:38 pm It feels sooooooo dishonest that an Irishman uses a Hispanic name in a heavily Hispanic district.
Well, he did grow up in El Paso. Sort of the flip side of Rafael Cruz.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Chaparral wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:49 pm
flechero wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:38 pm It feels sooooooo dishonest that an Irishman uses a Hispanic name in a heavily Hispanic district.
Well, he did grow up in El Paso. Sort of the flip side of Rafael Cruz.
I'd agree if he used his real name (either one) as the prominent name on the signs. Most signs are blank except beto. Never seen a sign that says O'rourke.

EnyoTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by EnyoTX »

Beto O’Rourke protester yelling in town hall on gun control.
Texan man- “Come and take it!”
Beto guy, “We will!”
Then @tedcruz said, That exchange right there is what this whole campaign is about! Crowd explodes. #2A
Click here for (partial) video.

ElGallo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ElGallo »

flechero wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:38 pm It feels sooooooo dishonest that an Irishman uses a Hispanic name in a heavily Hispanic district. Even is I was into open borders, no guns, state run health care, lax laws and higher taxes. It's like he's just looking to capitalize on the big percentage of people that go into the booth with no idea who to vote for.
So is it dishonest that Rafael Edward "El Guero" Cruz calls himself Ted in a predominantly Republican state? Is he then patronizing to these voters by trying to be less hispanic? :txflag:

Jusme
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Jusme »

ElGallo wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:54 pm
flechero wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:38 pm It feels sooooooo dishonest that an Irishman uses a Hispanic name in a heavily Hispanic district. Even is I was into open borders, no guns, state run health care, lax laws and higher taxes. It's like he's just looking to capitalize on the big percentage of people that go into the booth with no idea who to vote for.
So is it dishonest that Rafael Edward "El Guero" Cruz calls himself Ted in a predominantly Republican state? Is he then patronizing to these voters by trying to be less hispanic? :txflag:
Be kinda tough with the last name Cruz, don't ya think?

Edward Kennedy, called himself "Ted" I don't think he was trying to sound less Irish JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

flechero

Post by flechero »

No, sir- his signs and ads all say CRUZ, in big bold capital letters. There is a real difference in honesty of the signs. The irishman's signs only bear his nickname... no first name, no middle name and no last name. If you can't see the difference, you are not being honest with yourself or us. :tiphat:

philip964
Posts in topic: 103

Post by philip964 »

Beto misses debate with Cruz.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by The Annoyed Man »

While I get your point, “Ted” is a common nickname for “Edward” - as in, Senator Edward “Ted” Kennedy - and Cruz’s middle name is Edward......not “Eduardo”. Whereas “Beto” would have you believe that his first name is Roberto .... which it isn’t.

Just a thought......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Flightmare »

philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:06 pm Beto misses debate with Cruz.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Bitter Clinger »

But I thought he made bail? :biggrinjester:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Boxerrider »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:33 am
But I thought he made bail? :biggrinjester:
Maybe he went to California to thank the people who posted it for him? :rolll

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”