Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

John Galt
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by John Galt »

Ruark wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:38 pm
Paladin wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:28 am Even the most fervent Beto supporters know Ted Cruz would wipe the floor with Beto in a debate. Sounds like they are avoiding at all costs.
Yah. Not only is Cruz off-the-charts intelligent, he's the equivalent of a 9th degree black belt in debate. Won all kinds of national debate competitions, argued (and won) cases in front of the Supreme Court, etc. He would reduce Beto - excuse me, "Robert Francis" - to a drooling infant in a debate. It would be a real popcorn moment on TV.
:iagree:

bbhack
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bbhack »

philip964 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:47 am https://abc13.com/entertainment/angry-f ... e/4227747/

Willie to appear at Beto rally in Austin. Many fans upset.

Kiss of death. He appeared with Abortion Barbie a couple of years ago.
Willie has led quite a life. Amazing songwriter, just not that smart.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

mojo84
Posts in topic: 32

Post by mojo84 »

Beto going back to his NY sugar daddies for more money.

http://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/12/beto-oro ... htens.html
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Pawpaw »

bbhack wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:03 am
philip964 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:47 am https://abc13.com/entertainment/angry-f ... e/4227747/

Willie to appear at Beto rally in Austin. Many fans upset.

Kiss of death. He appeared with Abortion Barbie a couple of years ago.
Willie has led quite a life. Amazing songwriter, just not that smart.
Willie is a geriatric delinquent.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

flechero
Posts in topic: 30

Post by flechero »

mojo84 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:33 pm Beto going back to his NY sugar daddies for more money.

Man, it seems like there should be some rule against that... we have enough cooks in Tx, we don't need ny influence as well.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 14

Post by PriestTheRunner »

flechero wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:27 pm
mojo84 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:33 pm Beto going back to his NY sugar daddies for more money.

Man, it seems like there should be some rule against that... we have enough cooks in Tx, we don't need ny influence as well.
#Texit would fix that issue. Constitutional amendment outlawing foreign campaign contributions.

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Post by allisji »

flechero wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:27 pm

just another way that liberals prove their prowess at wasting other people's money.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

he's going out of state to get $? so is Texas electing this guy or is New York and Cali? :???:

the thing that has me concerned is one of my friends is a Republican, a fairly conservative Republican and last night he posted that he's planning on voting for Beto! just stunned me.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grundy1133 »

SewTexas wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:56 pm he's going out of state to get $? so is Texas electing this guy or is New York and Cali? :???:

the thing that has me concerned is one of my friends is a Republican, a fairly conservative Republican and last night he posted that he's planning on voting for Beto! just stunned me.
He's a snake in the grass for sure! It should be illegal to go out of state to gain campaign funds imo...
NRA Member

stroo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stroo »

Something I don't understand is when a politician actually does in office what he promised to do in his campaign and then people get upset with him for doing what he said he would do.

This is happening to Cruz and Trump. While I don't think either are terribly likable people, they both have kept their campaign promise unlike about 95% of all politicians.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dale blanker »

stroo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:20 pm Something I don't understand is when a politician actually does in office what he promised to do in his campaign and then people get upset with him for doing what he said he would do.

This is happening to Cruz and Trump. While I don't think either are terribly likable people, they both have kept their campaign promise unlike about 95% of all politicians.
Yes, but shouldn't we keep trying to find politicians with character that we respect? Shouldn't we believe what Trump and Cruz have said about each other? And in spite of what they have done, could we have been better off without them??? Things to think about... :confused5
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NotRPB »

dale blanker wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:50 pm
stroo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:20 pm Something I don't understand is when a politician actually does in office what he promised to do in his campaign and then people get upset with him for doing what he said he would do.

Yes, but shouldn't we keep trying to find politicians with character that we respect? Shouldn't we believe what Trump and Cruz have said about each other? And in spite of what they have done, could we have been better off without them??? Things to think about... :confused5
Nah. that's part of Politics,however based on that premise of you or we should be believing stuff campaigning politicians say, I do wonder if you believe Hillary should be in jail like Trump said in a debate.

Ted Cruz is a hero to Texas & to America, @TedCruz SAVED our 2nd Amendment gun rights in the Heller SCOTUS ruling & has passed many laws that have helped Texas including after Hurricane Harvey. @BetoORourke voted AGAINST Texas on Harvey Bill, Texas!

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Yeah, like Beto! That's the ticket!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Allons
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Allons »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Yeah, like Beto! That's the ticket!
"rlol"
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

flechero
Posts in topic: 30

Post by flechero »

Who wants to be in politics when good people get dragged through the mud maliciously and dishonestly.

In neither case would we have been better off with the dem opponent. Isn't keeping campaign promises a sign of good character? I don't care if Trump had an affair years before his Presidency- that doesn't hurt his ability to govern now. And for all we know, he and his wife had agreed to an open relationship. Cruz has been a 2A supporter like no other has a good conservative record.

I don't believe half of what I hear or read about Trump or Cruz... however, the mugshots of richard francis o'rourke do not lie about his character... and his website doesn't lie about his dream for texmexistan.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”