Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by Flightmare »

rotor wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:46 pm Slightly off topic but Ted Cruz will be in Wichita Falls on Oct. 3, 2018 and apparently Donald Trump Jr will be with him and I plan on going. It will be in a city owned property and I am wondering if concealed carry will be allowed. Secret service might prohibit?
I would suspect that even with it being government property, that Secret Service will prohibit carry. Remember, they prohibited carry in the arena section of the convention center when POTUS addressed the membership.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

rotor wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:46 pm Slightly off topic but Ted Cruz will be in Wichita Falls on Oct. 3, 2018 and apparently Donald Trump Jr will be with him and I plan on going. It will be in a city owned property and I am wondering if concealed carry will be allowed. Secret service might prohibit?
I doubt you will be denied the right to carry. I know people that carried when Cruz came to Boerne. On the other hand, Trump Jr.'s presence may change things though.
Last edited by mojo84 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

flowrie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flowrie »

Have my Cruz sign in the yard, I live on a corner and all but one house on has their Cruz signs up.
I laugh at Beto's TV commercial, all talk, no positions on anything.
Just a big smile, kinda like just before a dog bites you.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:52 pm
I doubt you will be denied the right to carry. I know people that carried when Cruz came to Boerne. Trump Jr.'s presence may change things though.
My mistake, I didn't see that it was Trump Jr. Knowing that, you may be okay to carry. Trump Jr. passed by me several times in the exhibit hall at the NRA annual meeting in Dallas. No problem carrying there. All depends on what SS wants to do I suppose.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

jason812
Posts in topic: 19

Post by jason812 »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:49 pm
I would suspect that even with it being government property, that Secret Service will prohibit carry. Remember, they prohibited carry in the arena section of the convention center when POTUS addressed the membership.
While at the NRA convention, I rounded a corner looking at one of the bicycles that had really big tires and electric motors. Not watching where I was going just looking at the bike. I nearly plowed into a Secret Service officer or body guard, while they were protecting Donald Trump Jr. I just decided to go a different way but they didn't stop me, or show any inclination that they even saw me, or said a word to me or my buddy, and I know they had to see both of us. Why is that important? Because we both were open carrying. I also had an AR pistol in my backpack just because.

Leaving the convention, there was a crowd in front of us. I asked my buddy wonder what was going on. It was Lou Ferrigno (aka The Incredible Hulk) and Ted Cruz taking a picture together. I was 5 ft from both of them. Again, nothing happened. I wish I would have gotten a picture with any of them but I'm not one to but into their lives.

I'm not sure if this will be any different but that was my experience with Trump Jr. and the secret service.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 14

Post by PriestTheRunner »

SS has a legal duty to prohibit, though I don't know if that extends to all of their protect-ees or just the POTUS. Might want to call ahead to local PD or just leave it in the car.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ScottDLS wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:46 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:45 am
jar wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:16 am My reasoning is pretty simple; I find the other choice dishonest, untrustworthy, unconnected to reality. I also firmly believe that we do need to regulate gun ownership more than is the current standard. Speaking just of the Texas LTC process I think both the written and proficiency tests were pretty much a joke and definitely need to be made far more difficult.

I also understand that political party has little to do with the issue of gun laws; after all it was Ronald Reagan who as Governor of California signed the law making the possession of a loaded fire arm in public illegal in California. In fact I was living there and a gun carrying Californian at the time.
Thanks for the answer. I lived in California under Ronaldus Maximus’s governorship. Yes, he signed a bill into law that was a mistake. He also signed the Lautenburg Amendment into law ... another mistake. He was a better president than some, but he was a flawed human.... as we are all flawed. Let’s just say that I am WAY more libertarian than you are on matters of gun control, and I strongly disagree with everything you’ve said above. One thing I know for sure about O’Rourke, because I’ve heard him say it on video, is that if he had his way, 6 of the rifles in my safe, 5 of the rifles in my son’s safe (we all live under one roof), and probably all 4 of our suppressors would be illegal for us to own. .....and not one single one of my firearms, my son’s firearms, or any of our suppressors has ever been used in a crime. For THAT reason alone, if he’s elected I’ll double my investment in AR/AK pattern rifles and ammunition for them, and my donations to the NRA. Because when the time comes to face banning those kinds of firearms, that will be the time to use them for something other than hunting 4 legged critters or target shooting — to use them for the exact reason for which we have a 2nd Amendment.

That said, one of the beauties of this country is that you have every right to be wrong. Fortunately, the Constitution’s defense of my rights protects me from your folly - up to a point. Beyond that point, it will be the 2nd Amendment that protects me from that kind of folly :mrgreen:

Thanks again for answering honestly, but I can see that we have nothing in common.
I thought the Lautenberg amendment was signed by Bill Clinton....
Scott, you're absolutely correct, and thanks for pointing it out. I meant the Hughes Amendment to the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. Sorry .... I'd only had one cup of coffee this morning.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

oljames3
Posts in topic: 6

Post by oljames3 »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:49 pm
Last TSRA event I attended both Senators Cruze and Cornyn were their, along with other dignitaries. I and several others had our pistols on our hips breathing the free Texas air.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Abraham
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Abraham »

lefties come here, blurt out their lefty hogwash, get spanked and inevitably move on.

Nothing new.

Vote for Cruz!

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AF-Odin »

Killeen paper this morning was reporting that Beto was ahead in a Texas Tribune poll????? :???:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

AF-Odin wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:29 am Killeen paper this morning was reporting that Beto was ahead in a Texas Tribune poll????? :???:
Two points ahead in the TT Poll that claims to use "voter enthusiasm" as the key measure.

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Richbirdhunter »

AF-Odin wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:29 am Killeen paper this morning was reporting that Beto was ahead in a Texas Tribune poll????? :???:
Is that the same poll that said Killary was favored to win by 90%
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Texas Tribune is a liberal online propaganda machine that is ran and funded by RINO's. They work hard to manipulate voters and push moderate to left agendas.

This should give some insight.

http://www.texastribune.org/support-us/ ... d-members/

dlh
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dlh »

Beto is certainly not gun-friendly. He adopts the usual anti-gun line that the AR15 is an "assault rifle" which we know it is not. He nuances his position by saying we can keep our AR15s if we already have one BUT he does not believe we should be able to buy any FUTURE AR15s. So, if I want to buy one in a couple of years he would be opposed to that. Ted Cruz is by no means perfect but he certainly not gonna object should I decide to buy another AR down the road.

To "get a load of Beto" just check out this radio interview:

Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”