Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 36
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#346

Post by bblhd672 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:58 pm
I have a hard time believing that the behavior of the left since the election (and of course way before) won't galvanize conservative voters to turn out in mass numbers.
Elected Republicans in Washington better find the intestinal fortitude to beat back the Democrats lies and obstructions to confirm Kavanaugh or the mid-terms are likely to result in their voters staying home.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


BBYC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#347

Post by BBYC » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:41 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:58 pm
I have a hard time believing that the behavior of the left since the election (and of course way before) won't galvanize conservative voters to turn out in mass numbers.
Elected Republicans in Washington better find the intestinal fortitude to beat back the Democrats lies and obstructions to confirm Kavanaugh or the mid-terms are likely to result in their voters staying home.
:iagree:

or vote third party
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

User avatar

LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 18
Posts: 1233
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#348

Post by LDB415 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:03 pm

philip964 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:24 am
striker55 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:03 am
I see quite a few signs for Beto none for Cruz in my neighborhood.
Don’t you feel if you put a Cruz sign in your front yard, you’d get a rock through your window.
:iagree: Given the criminalistic, animalistic behavior of leftists I don't openly display any signs or banners or anything.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 102
Posts: 10883
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#349

Post by philip964 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... ruz-839102

Cruz and wife attack “not right” says Bob O’Rourke.

Apparently disagrees with Maxine Waters on this.

User avatar

Maxwell
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 890
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#350

Post by Maxwell » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:24 pm

thatguyoverthere wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 pm
It just occurred to me...

Will "Beto" even be on the ballot? I mean, that's just a nickname, right? Won't a ballot be required to have his legal name on it?

How many people who intend to vote for "Beto" will go into the voting booth and say: "Who's this O'Rourke guy? And where's Beto?!"

:lol:
Oh that was mean. Very funny, but mean... :evil2: "rlol"
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#351

Post by TreyHouston » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:45 pm

striker55 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:03 am
I see quite a few signs for Beto none for Cruz in my neighborhood.
There more cruz signs than beto in my neighborhood.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Allons
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 2054
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#352

Post by Allons » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 pm

Finally saw my first Cruz sign of any sort on a bumper sticker in San Antonio. I'm too worried someone would vandalize my car to put one on, I live in an apartment.
EDC'S: Dan Wesson CCO, CZ-P01, CZ-P07, MP Shield-45
Home Defense: Mossberg 930 SPX
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 32
Posts: 2527
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#353

Post by Flightmare » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Allons wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 pm
Finally saw my first Cruz sign of any sort on a bumper sticker in San Antonio. I'm too worried someone would vandalize my car to put one on, I live in an apartment.
Being in an apartment does make placing a sign out difficult. That being said, you can help by block walking. I know many of the DFW area clubs are coordinating block walks for multiple candidates (Cruz included). You may check with clubs in your area to see if there is anything you can do to help as far as boots on the ground.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

KLB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 am
Location: San Antonio

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#354

Post by KLB » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:50 pm

thatguyoverthere wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 pm
It just occurred to me...

Will "Beto" even be on the ballot? I mean, that's just a nickname, right? Won't a ballot be required to have his legal name on it?

How many people who intend to vote for "Beto" will go into the voting booth and say: "Who's this O'Rourke guy? And where's Beto?!"

:lol:
I think you can get a nickname on the ballot if you can show you really use it apart from the campaign. We used to have a judge in Bexar County named Preston Dial. When he was young, he picked up the nickname Peppy. But when it came time to put his name on the ballot, he managed to get it changed to Pepe.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 32
Posts: 2527
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#355

Post by Flightmare » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:37 am

philip964 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:04 pm
https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/24/ted- ... estaurant/

Ted Cruz run out of DC restaurant by protestors.

The new normal for America.

And you wonder why there are no Cruz signs in people’s yards.
Image
https://twitter.com/KateBennett_DC/stat ... 2117787648
Deplorable lunatic since 2016


RicoTX
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#356

Post by RicoTX » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:59 am

bblhd672 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am
Elected Republicans in Washington better find the intestinal fortitude to beat back the Democrats lies and obstructions to confirm Kavanaugh or the mid-terms are likely to result in their voters staying home.
Just a reminder to everyone here that if you plan on not voting at all, I would not say so in this forum... you will be informed by a few members that you basically voted for a Democrat.
:roll:
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 32
Posts: 2527
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#357

Post by Flightmare » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:06 am

RicoTX wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:59 am
bblhd672 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am
Elected Republicans in Washington better find the intestinal fortitude to beat back the Democrats lies and obstructions to confirm Kavanaugh or the mid-terms are likely to result in their voters staying home.
Just a reminder to everyone here that if you plan on not voting at all, I would not say so in this forum... you will be informed by a few members that you basically voted for a Democrat.
:roll:
While I won't go so far as to say that staying home is voting for democrats; I will encourage everyone to vote. My position is that if you do not vote, you're letting everyone else decide how your government is run for you. I have assumed personal responsibility for my own safety, as many on this forum have. I say we should also assume responsibility for our own government. Some may decide to stay home in this election for various reasons. Some may think that the results will just go the way they want. Just like not carrying your firearm, I hope you guess right. The consequences of guessing wrong when you could have made a difference are something you will have to live with. So please, if you're not already registered to vote...go do so. It's not too late.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 5093
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#358

Post by Jusme » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:07 am

Flightmare wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:06 am
RicoTX wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:59 am
bblhd672 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am
Elected Republicans in Washington better find the intestinal fortitude to beat back the Democrats lies and obstructions to confirm Kavanaugh or the mid-terms are likely to result in their voters staying home.
Just a reminder to everyone here that if you plan on not voting at all, I would not say so in this forum... you will be informed by a few members that you basically voted for a Democrat.
:roll:
While I won't go so far as to say that staying home is voting for democrats; I will encourage everyone to vote. My position is that if you do not vote, you're letting everyone else decide how your government is run for you. I have assumed personal responsibility for my own safety, as many on this forum have. I say we should also assume responsibility for our own government. Some may decide to stay home in this election for various reasons. Some may think that the results will just go the way they want. Just like not carrying your firearm, I hope you guess right. The consequences of guessing wrong when you could have made a difference are something you will have to live with. So please, if you're not already registered to vote...go do so. It's not too late.

:iagree:


If you don't vote, you have very little ground to stand on, regarding the outcome. Even, if your candidate, does, not win, how can you criticize the one that does, if you never took the time to support yours? Voting is one of the things, that makes this country great. If you don't exercise, that right, don't be surprised, if someone obtains office, and starts working to take it away. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 18
Posts: 6561
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#359

Post by Pawpaw » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:28 am

Fact-Checker: Four Pinnochios for O'Rourke's Denial That He Tried to Flee the Scene of His DWI
No matter which poll you'd prefer to believe, the Texas Senate race is too close for comfort in many Republicans' eyes, with Ted Cruz only leading liberal challenger Robert "Beto" O'Rourke by mid-single digits in the Real Clear Politics average. Some surveys give Cruz a more comfortable lead; others show a virtual tie. One controversy that the Cruz campaign has largely steered clear of is O'Rourke's drunk driving incident from his mid-twenties, including allegations that O'Rourke's connected family helped him elude legal consequences. The issue arose at their debate last week, however, during which the Democrat denied that he attempted to flee the scene, despite a police report that said the opposite. The Washington Post's fact checker examined this claim and rated it false, awarding O'Rourke 'Four Pinocchios' for his lie:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 8092
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#360

Post by RoyGBiv » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:31 am

Credit to Beato for denouncing what happened to Cruz.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”