Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jason812
Posts in topic: 19

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by jason812 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:28 pm I’m getting a little worried. With 66% of the vote in, Irish Bob O’Rourke is up by a couple of percent over Cruz. This is closer than I expected.
It's because there's too many of your homies moving here but don't want to assimilate into being a Texan. :biggrinjester:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by The Annoyed Man »

G26ster wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm Fox News projects Dems take the house. Fox also says only 7% of the vote is in in Texas. Where'd you get 66% TAM?
It was displayed on the FoxNews chiron. But, I could have possibly misread it. Or, maybe it was a typo that fox accidentally put up wrong.

Allred has a big lead against Sessions, but Abbott has pretty much wiped out Valdez.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Frankie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Frankie »

ABC just predicted Cruz will win. I sure hope they got it right!

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RicoTX »

MSNBC also called it for Cruz.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

strogg
Posts in topic: 5

Post by strogg »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:02 pm
G26ster wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm Fox News projects Dems take the house. Fox also says only 7% of the vote is in in Texas. Where'd you get 66% TAM?
It was displayed on the FoxNews chiron. But, I could have possibly misread it. Or, maybe it was a typo that fox accidentally put up wrong.

Allred has a big lead against Sessions, but Abbott has pretty much wiped out Valdez.
No, TAM, you got it right. Robert was ahead of Rafael by a wide margin at the 66% mark, but that's because the Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio areas reported in pretty early. Now it's pretty much over for Robert.

So we got to keep Abbott, Cruz, and Burgess (at least for me in Dist. 26). I'm satisfied that I was able to do my part.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 10

Post by G26ster »

Fox projects Cruz wins!!!!!!

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

What tonight had shown me is how many people did not vote straight ticket... which is fine...I don't either necessarily. The politicians better wake up to the fact they can't depend on riding the coattails of Abbot in the future. The Cruz race should be a wake up call. I hope.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

strogg wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:02 pm

No, TAM, you got it right. Robert was ahead of Rafael by a wide margin at the 66% mark, but that's because the Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio areas reported in pretty early. Now it's pretty much over for Robert.

So we got to keep Abbott, Cruz, and Burgess (at least for me in Dist. 26). I'm satisfied that I was able to do my part.
Same here... did my part and even got the wife out to vote. I'm surprised that Sessions appears to be going down to this ALL-Red Progressive. The Florida Governors and Senate races are really tight, although trending towards the R's. It looks like the Dims will narrowly retake the House and lose some ground in the Senate, though not as much as had been hoped.

Not as bad as it could have been, but the GOP didn't (again) do much when it had the House.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

jason812

Post by jason812 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:03 pm https://www.texastribune.org/2018/04/18 ... lose-call/

I’ve never heard of this guy until now, and all of a sudden, the Texas Tribune is saying that it’s too close to call? I don’t know much about him, but I went and checked O’Rourke’s website for his stances on 2nd Amendment issues, and he seems to be solidly in the “ban civilian access to ‘weapons of war’” camp.

Anybody know much about him, and does anyone believe that he really can beat Cruz?
NO!
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

strogg
Posts in topic: 5

Post by strogg »

As a relevant thought, I wonder what the makeup of Demonrats vs Republicans is for the folks who moved in from out of state in the past few years. Really. So far this decade over a million out of state people moved to Texas, many of which come from the deep blue depths of Kalifornistan. I am curious how they ended up swaying the votes in Texas. Anyone have any links to relevant stats?

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

strogg wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 pm As a relevant thought, I wonder what the makeup of Demonrats vs Republicans is for the folks who moved in from out of state in the past few years. Really. So far this decade over a million out of state people moved to Texas, many of which come from the deep blue depths of Kalifornistan. I am curious how they ended up swaying the votes in Texas. Anyone have any links to relevant stats?
No, but I think your right... It's like my sister in North Carolina says, all these people want to come down from the Northeast because it's such a mess and then they want to do the same thing down here...

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Jeff B. wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:46 pm
strogg wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 pm As a relevant thought, I wonder what the makeup of Demonrats vs Republicans is for the folks who moved in from out of state in the past few years. Really. So far this decade over a million out of state people moved to Texas, many of which come from the deep blue depths of Kalifornistan. I am curious how they ended up swaying the votes in Texas. Anyone have any links to relevant stats?
No, but I think your right... It's like my sister in North Carolina says, all these people want to come down from the Northeast because it's such a mess and then they want to do the same thing down here...

Jeff B.
Kind of like illegal border jumpers flying their native country's flag but claiming asylum.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 10

Post by G26ster »

McCaskill goes down the tubes in Missouri.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Back to the original subject line: "Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?:

No.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by The Annoyed Man »

G26ster wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:08 pm McCaskill goes down the tubes in Missouri.
That’s good news.

I have to say though, I’m pretty disappointed overall in the House elections nationwide. As of this moment, ABC News is reporting that the dems have picked up 19 of the 23 seats they need for a majority, and the latest projections appear to say that dems will pick up a total of 34....which will put them very firmly in control of the House. Republicans have actually picked up a couple of seats in the senate, getting back some of that majority feeling. But Trump is going to have a lot rougher time going forward. And I am choking on the words “Speaker Pelosi”.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”