Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Paladin
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by Paladin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:02 am

flechero wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:34 am
Paladin wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:32 pm
Democrats Spend $2.5 BILLION Trying to Buy Blue Wave
“The overall estimated cost of the 2018 election would represent a 35 percent increase over the 2014 cycle in nominal dollars, the largest increase in at least two decades,” the report said....

Interestingly, Democrats are hauling in far more cash from out of state than Republicans.

“In terms of itemized individual contributions, Senate Democrats received 60 percent of their funds — nearly $220 million — from out-of-state donors. Democrats in the House got 45 percent of their funds from out-of-state,” according to the report.
Beto O'Rourke fundraising:
54.41% from Large Individual Contributions (>$200)

Not sure I understood the detail... how can UT give $365K? One would think a state school would not be allowed to give away the state tax dollars to support a non school cause?
The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.
From what I understand the school did not give him the money, but a lot of people from the school did.

The fact that Google (Alphabet, INC) was #2 at $227K is worse in my opinion.

Not the first time Google meddled in elections: Dr. Robert Epstein says Google helped shift 2 to 3 million votes in Hillary Clinton's favor with bias search algorithms. Big Tech censorship is election meddling.

Robert Epstein’s Midterm Warning: Big Tech Can ‘Shift Upwards of 12 Million Votes in November’
NRA Patron Life, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard

Paladin
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Paladin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 am

Did Big Tech Steal the Election — for Dems and Itself?
through its suppression of perhaps more than two billion conservative pages, Facebook alone might have “stolen” the 2018 midterm election for Democrats — and itself.
NRA Patron Life, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard

Gator Guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Gator Guy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:21 pm

mayor wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:47 pm
Since this thread was hijacked long ago, my .02:

I think "adult rights" should be awarded only after someone has served honorably in the armed forces. Service has an tendency to change one's point of view. But the government shouldn't be allowed to rush willy-nilly into any old conflict.
Do "adult rights" include the obligation to pay taxes, or are you arguing in favor of taxation without representation?
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SQLGeek » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:00 pm

mayor wrote:

I think "adult rights" should be awarded only after someone has served honorably in the armed forces. Service has an tendency to change one's point of view. But the government shouldn't be allowed to rush willy-nilly into any old conflict.
I'm thankful we live in a country that values personal liberty in such a way that this doesn't happen.
Psalm 91:2

mojo84
Posts in topic: 31

Post by mojo84 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Paladin wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 am
Did Big Tech Steal the Election — for Dems and Itself?
through its suppression of perhaps more than two billion conservative pages, Facebook alone might have “stolen” the 2018 midterm election for Democrats — and itself.
If this is proven, it would be a strong basis for claims the government to regulate social media. Sometimes, people and companies bring negative consequences upon themselves due to their actions.

mayor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mayor » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:38 pm

Gator Guy wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:21 pm
mayor wrote:

Do "adult rights" include the obligation to pay taxes, or are you arguing in favor of taxation without representation?
haven't worked out the details yet but:

Soldev
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soldev » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:52 pm

As someone who escaped political persecution in California, and lived their for 37 years, I can attest to the truth contained within this this video and would like to share it with you all to warn my fellow Texans of what is to come if and when the left takes over our state. We must not allow them to turn Texas into another California, there is no where else to go once Texas falls and it seems likely civil war will be inevitable if and when it does.

Texas License To Carry Instructor
Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”