Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Texas_Blaze
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 392
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#871

Post by Texas_Blaze » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:13 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:14 am
From the debate last night:

“Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” the former Texas congressman shouted to cheers from the audience. “We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”

He has become the gun control candidate.

Supposedly it has reinvigorated his campaign.
Well, if they can take bumpstocks, they can take ARs & AKs. Give an inch, they’ll take the entire firearm.


Tex1961
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am
Location: Frisco, Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#872

Post by Tex1961 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Texas_Blaze wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:13 pm
philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:14 am
From the debate last night:

“Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” the former Texas congressman shouted to cheers from the audience. “We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”

He has become the gun control candidate.

Supposedly it has reinvigorated his campaign.
Well, if they can take bumpstocks, they can take ARs & AKs. Give an inch, they’ll take the entire firearm.
Yeah, but I wonder how many are buried in backyards around the county.
Mike Troncalli
Owner and operator of Tejas Products "Manufacturer of firearm related accessories and custom laser engraving"
and Certified gun nut. :txflag:

WWW.TEJASPRODUCTS.COM


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#873

Post by Grayling813 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:18 am

Image

User avatar

KC5AV
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: Marshall

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#874

Post by KC5AV » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:19 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:07 pm
On Twitter (from which I was suspended today for a whole week), a bunch of antigun attorneys are trying to get Cain disbarred and doxxed.
Jeff Kasky isn’t just some anti gun attorney. His son Cameron was a student at Stoneman Douglas.
NRA lifetime member

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 18
Posts: 6513
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#875

Post by Pawpaw » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Image
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 18
Posts: 6513
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#876

Post by Pawpaw » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Another article from the mind of Kurt Schlichter and Chet, his pet unicorn:

Beto The Furry Is Less Amusing When He Calls For Violence Against American Citizens
The clownish antics of Tex Kennedy, that drunk driving furry and El Paso punchline, are much less funny now that he is promising to convert millions of Americans into felons and send armed government agents to their homes to steal their constitutionally-guaranteed property. Maybe he doesn’t know – whether due to pharmaceuticals or simply because he’s stupid – that two Democratic administrations ago, right up the road, the feds sent a bunch of armed men to take the forbidden guns of some people who were minding their own business and it turned out poorly. That debacle resulted in four dead ATF agents and over 70 dead civilians – including dozens of kids the feds burned alive.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 100
Posts: 9879
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#877

Post by philip964 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:44 am

https://gundynamics.com/articles/beto-a ... -shot-them

Beto argues for gun buyback at Kent State University.

Says students were killed there by guns.

Didn’t mention it was by the government.

User avatar

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Deep East Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#878

Post by flintknapper » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:41 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:44 am
https://gundynamics.com/articles/beto-a ... -shot-them

Beto argues for gun buyback at Kent State University.

Says students were killed there by guns.

Didn’t mention it was by the government.
Yes, but that inconvenient fact is likely not known by his uninformed audience.

He knows he can 'play' on their emotions..... all the while... leaving out information that doesn't support his agenda.

He is a Liberal after all. What else would you expect?
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

User avatar

PriestTheRunner
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#879

Post by PriestTheRunner » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:27 pm

FYI he stated today that he does not believe the 2A is a right to overthrow a tyrannical government, and that we do not have that right.

https://youtu.be/kIINmv54O24

Pathetic.


Ameer
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1397
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#880

Post by Ameer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:59 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:44 am
https://gundynamics.com/articles/beto-a ... -shot-them

Beto argues for gun buyback at Kent State University.

Says students were killed there by guns.

Didn’t mention it was by the government.
That's a common element to some of the worst mass shootings in history.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 7987
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#881

Post by RoyGBiv » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:48 am

philip964 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:44 am
Beto argues for gun buyback at Kent State University.
:banghead:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 100
Posts: 9879
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#882

Post by philip964 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:21 am



flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 30
Posts: 2723
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#883

Post by flechero » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:42 am

philip964 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:21 am
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... uld-resign

Beto: Trump should resign.
Me: robert francis should get a job.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#884

Post by TreyHouston » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:46 pm

flechero wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:42 am
philip964 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:21 am
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... uld-resign

Beto: Trump should resign.
Me: robert francis should get a job.
Doesn’t he have a district or something to run and focus on?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 32
Posts: 2441
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

#885

Post by Flightmare » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:55 pm

TreyHouston wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:46 pm
flechero wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:42 am
philip964 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:21 am
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... uld-resign

Beto: Trump should resign.
Me: robert francis should get a job.
Doesn’t he have a district or something to run and focus on?
Not anymore. He ran for US Senate against Ted Cruz. Since he could not be on the ballot for both positions at the same time, he did not run for re-election for his house seat.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”