Springfield Armory severs relationship with Dicks

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 2

Springfield Armory severs relationship with Dicks

Post by gtolbert09 »

Springfield Armory® Severs Ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods

Springfield Armory announces its decision in response to Dick’s Sporting Goods’ attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the rights and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

https://www.facebook.com/SpringfieldArm ... 3466519425
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Springfield Armory severs relationship with Dicks

Post by apostate »

I thought Dicks already stopped selling Springfield Armory firearms. What ties were left to cut? :headscratch

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cyphertext »

apostate wrote:I thought Dicks already stopped selling Springfield Armory firearms. What ties were left to cut? :headscratch
The Field and Stream store, owned by Dick's, sells handguns too... so no more Springfield XDS line, or 1911s. Maybe other manufacturers will follow their lead.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

cyphertext wrote:
apostate wrote:I thought Dicks already stopped selling Springfield Armory firearms. What ties were left to cut? :headscratch
The Field and Stream store, owned by Dick's, sells handguns too... so no more Springfield XDS line, or 1911s. Maybe other manufacturers will follow their lead.
Maybe it's time that we, as customers suggest Glock and all the other manufacturers follow SA's lead. Then we can start talking to the makers of the other products sold by Dick's. This would be an excellent opportunity for Yeti to show that they really do support the second amendment, for example.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Maybe there was a conflict of interest with having the same lobbyist. :evil2: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=88787
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

KLB

Post by KLB »

cyphertext wrote:Maybe other manufacturers will follow their lead.
I think they should, but firearms manufacturers blacklisting gun-controlling customers, especially state governments, are running a risk. The more manufacturers that participate, the more likely it is that some state attorney general will sue, alleging an anti-trust conspiracy. That could turn out to be cripplingly expensive irrespective of the outcome. Anti-trust is not my area, but my guess is that the outcome is not guaranteed.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Is this Dick's Field and Stream the same as the magazine Field and Stream? I don't shop at Dick's and never will. I never heard of their "Field and Stream" stores until recently. I DO have a subscription to the magazine though. If they are one and the same, I will gladly cancel my subscription to the magazine. I don't want ANY of my money going to a anti-second amendment company! :nono:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

ShepherdTX

Post by ShepherdTX »

KLB wrote:
cyphertext wrote:Maybe other manufacturers will follow their lead.
I think they should, but firearms manufacturers blacklisting gun-controlling customers, especially state governments, are running a risk. The more manufacturers that participate, the more likely it is that some state attorney general will sue, alleging an anti-trust conspiracy. That could turn out to be cripplingly expensive irrespective of the outcome. Anti-trust is not my area, but my guess is that the outcome is not guaranteed.
Seems to me that's a sword that could swing both ways, if it swings at all. If the first holds true then wouldn't that also make banks/etc... that collaborate with anti-gun orgs to drive gun makers out of business vulnerable to anti-trust suits?

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Springfield may have just seen the inevitable and decided to strike first.
Dick's has already decided to destroy and not sell any Springfield AR's, and Springfield may well feel that other guns will follow. If so, they aren't losing much by acting first and making a statement in the process.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

stars200

Post by stars200 »

It looks like another has joined in.

https://www.nssf.org/nssf-expels-dicks-sporting-goods/

May 4, 2018

NSSF Expels Dick’s Sporting Goods

NEWTOWN, Conn. — The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industries, Board of Governors today unanimously voted to expel Dick’s Sporting Goods from membership for conduct detrimental to the best interests of the Foundation.

Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired a Washington D.C.-based government affairs firm, for “[l]obbying related to gun control.” Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack announced earlier this year the retail chain would end sales of modern sporting rifles, voluntarily raise the age to 21 to purchase firearms in their stores and called for more restrictive legislation. Dick’s later announced they would destroy the remaining modern sporting rifle inventory. NSSF responded that business decisions should be individually made, but was nonetheless disappointed and the decision does not reflect the reality of the vast majority of law-abiding gun owners.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Dick's going down faster than Springfield, both have proven that they do not respect the consumer and are anti-American.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

stars200 wrote:It looks like another has joined in.

May 4, 2018

NEWTOWN, Conn. — The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industries, Board of Governors today unanimously voted to expel Dick’s Sporting Goods from membership for conduct detrimental to the best interests of the Foundation.

Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired a Washington D.C.-based government affairs firm, for “[l]obbying related to gun control.” Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack announced earlier this year the retail chain would end sales of modern sporting rifles, voluntarily raise the age to 21 to purchase firearms in their stores and called for more restrictive legislation. Dick’s later announced they would destroy the remaining modern sporting rifle inventory. NSSF responded that business decisions should be individually made, but was nonetheless disappointed and the decision does not reflect the reality of the vast majority of law-abiding gun owners.
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

puma guy wrote:
stars200 wrote:It looks like another has joined in.

May 4, 2018

:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
We really need others to jump on this as well and make an example out of Dicks. It is low hanging fruit since they are guaranteed to sell practically no guns / ammo regardless after the way they have irritated gun owners.

Topic author
gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

1911 Raptor wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
Dicks also sells handguns at least at two that I know of. One is at the Parks mall in Arlington and the other one is in Cedar Hill.
The Dicks in Flower Mound sells handguns too.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”