A big welcome to Pink Pistols members.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

A big welcome to Pink Pistols members.

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2018/06/12/gay-ameri ... tay-alive/

Gay Americans are arming themselves to stay alive.

Positive gun article by the NY post.

Somehow however, I still get the feeling I am being unfairly bashed by this article.

Jesus never spoke about human sexuality, but he did say treat your neighbor as you would want to be treated.

Welcome to all who love, own, want to learn, want to stay safe, shoot, hunt and/or collect - guns. :txflag:

RoyGBiv

Re: A big welcome to Pink Pistols members.

Post by RoyGBiv »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:01 amWelcome to all who love, own, want to learn, want to stay safe, shoot, hunt and/or collect - guns. :txflag:
Agree! :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Agreed, all are welcome! But this chaps my hide...
“I would never have thought I’d see the LGBTI community siding with incredibly conservative, right-wing, pro-gun advocates that have been publicly homophobic and transphobic — that didn’t make any sense,” Abboud explained
:
In reference to the NRA. I am the NRA and we are not these things!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

This is basically a rehash of what happened after the Orlando nightclub shooting.

Members of the LGBT community felt the need to arm up and train up. They were pleasantly surprised about the way they were immediately welcomed at gun stores & ranges.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Syntyr wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:18 pm Agreed, all are welcome! But this chaps my hide...
“I would never have thought I’d see the LGBTI community siding with incredibly conservative, right-wing, pro-gun advocates that have been publicly homophobic and transphobic — that didn’t make any sense,” Abboud explained
:
Not all of us for sure, but I can't deny there's been anti LGBT sentiment posted by forum members, even in 2018, although nowhere as bad as some of the barely moderated gun forums.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

BBYC wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:40 pm
Syntyr wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:18 pm Agreed, all are welcome! But this chaps my hide...
:
Not all of us for sure, but I can't deny there's been anti LGBT sentiment posted by forum members, even in 2018, although nowhere as bad as some of the barely moderated gun forums.
There are crazies on all sides. But the members of this forum are generally tolerant of everyone, and I have never seen any "publicly homophobic and transphobic" comments from the NRA or other major gun rights organizations. It is sensational journalism to attribute the statements of the extremes to the mainstream of any movement.

By that logic, I guess every democrat advocates for murder and arson ("blowing up the White House" comments, etc). And I could ask why any American would want to associate with people who are espousing such violence. And that would be equally unfair, IMHO.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

An article full of liberal talking points that lack in truth, painting in broad strokes that do nothing but further divide people.

I bet 95% or more of NRA members don’t care who you sleep with, and their main concern is how you view liberty, freedom and the Second Amendment.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Allons

Post by Allons »

I bet 95% or more of NRA members don’t care who you sleep with, and their main concern is how you view liberty, freedom and the Second Amendment.
:iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Allons wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 pm

There is a direct correlation between the importance you place on personal freedoms and your tolerance for the decisions of others (as long as those folks aren't harming children, etc). Just look at the efforts by the Left to shut down any speech they disagree with, to see a very clear example of this.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Allons wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 pm
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

:
That's a prime example of #FakeNews.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”