Chinese firm develops a hand held laser gun

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Chinese firm develops a hand held laser gun

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-firm-d ... nance.html

Can set a persons hair or clothes on fire from a kilometer away. 15mm ( size of beam, I have no idea) Although it doesn't say, I would suspect it would burn bare skin as well. Supposedly non lethal.

More importantly for the Chinese, it will set fire to illegal protestors signs.

Lots of developed for police use only language in the story, but we know how the black market works.

So a laser gun, protected by the 2nd amendment?

Will California, New York, New Jersey ban, even before it is available?

Continuous beam, pulse? One trigger pull, one pulse? Hold the trigger, continuous pulses? Does the pulse drop over distance, affected by wind? Laser targeting beam or optical?

Middle Age Russ

Re: Chinese firm develops a hand held laser gun

Post by Middle Age Russ »

"Non-Lethal" fiber laser, and they talk about one they are developing to be lethal and the intense pain such a device would produce before/while killing. They don't mention anywhere that such non-lethal tools are beyond a doubt extremely damaging to someone's eyes. Non-lethal, perhaps, but still able to produce instant, permanent damage to folks.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

My understanding the technology to build a handheld laser has been around for quite sometime, however creating a battery able to produce the power to supply it has always been the issue!
We don't have hand phasers because we don't have the dilithium crystals to power them!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

I read the article and laughed at one of the commenters: "hint, carry mirrors".

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

If it's not a phaser, I am not interested if it is only set to stun. Those Klingons, Kardasians, Antifa, and BLM can make formidable foes in combat. And then there is the Jaw of Maxine Waters...
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

mayor

Post by mayor »

crazy2medic wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am My understanding the technology to build a handheld laser has been around for quite sometime, however creating a battery able to produce the power to supply it has always been the issue!
We don't have hand phasers because we don't have the dilithium crystals to power them!
I have some experience in this area... It's the unobtainium required to convert dilithium to crystal form that is missing.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

mayor wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:01 am
crazy2medic wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:17 am My understanding the technology to build a handheld laser has been around for quite sometime, however creating a battery able to produce the power to supply it has always been the issue!
I have some experience in this area... It's the unobtainium required to convert dilithium to crystal form that is missing.
Lol, oh so thats the problem!
Here's a conundrum, if you kill somebody with a device that doesn't exist and is not technically possible can you be convicted?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

[/quote]
Here's a conundrum, if you kill somebody with a device that doesn't exist and is not technically possible can you be convicted?
[/quote]

In California, New York, New Jersey, and Illinois. . . yes, and possibly in others as well depending on which court you land in. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”