San Antonio considering using zoning to reduce the number of gun shops

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

San Antonio considering using zoning to reduce the number of gun shops

Post by KLB »

The City of San Antonio is considering creating a new zoning category and limiting gun shops to land so categorized. The excuse is to minimize "gun violence." The goal is a back-door circumvention of the Second Amendment.

https://therivardreport.com/tierrabyte- ... n-control/

K.Mooneyham

Re: San Antonio considering using zoning to reduce the number of gun shops

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Well, if they pull a stunt like that, I certainly hope there is a legal remedy for those that own the businesses affected. That smacks of San Francisco tactics right there.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

The remedy will be the courts. Hopefully, smarter minds sit on the bench!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

OneGun wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:09 am The remedy will be the courts. Hopefully, smarter minds sit on the bench!
They know that.
They also know they can stall it for years, and that there will be no penalty.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

KLB wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:16 pm The City of San Antonio is considering creating a new zoning category and limiting gun shops to land so categorized. The excuse is to minimize "gun violence." The goal is a back-door circumvention of the Second Amendment.

https://therivardreport.com/tierrabyte- ... n-control/
Because it has worked so well in Chicago.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

State law already forbids it . The Citizens of San Antonio should demand the city attorney be fired for failure to provide adequate council! :banghead:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Along with that, they're also working on an ordinance requiring any business to "have safe gun policies" in order to do business with the city or receive economic incentives. You can imagine what those "safe gun policies" would be.....

We recently moved to San Antonio. Holy crap, I thought Austin was bad.......................
-Ruark

flechero

Post by flechero »

Ruark wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:12 am Along with that, they're also working on an ordinance requiring any business to "have safe gun policies" in order to do business with the city or receive economic incentives. You can imagine what those "safe gun policies" would be.....

We recently moved to San Antonio. Holy crap, I thought Austin was bad.......................
Can the city ban it's non courthouse or police station staff from CC? If not, that should squash it. If so, it should be challenged quickly... and the first action should be for the city to cite all the gun issues in private businesses, not on the streets patrolled by police.

Our company has safe gun policy... we're required to carry in a proper holster! :thumbs2: And a back up plan- at least one spare mag on the belt! :tiphat:

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Tyrants can do whatever they like until good people stop them by force.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Ruark wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:12 am Along with that, they're also working on an ordinance requiring any business to "have safe gun policies" in order to do business with the city or receive economic incentives. You can imagine what those "safe gun policies" would be.....

Are they trying to make it like the neighboring country to the south where only criminal gangs and police have guns?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

BBYC wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 pm Tyrants can do whatever they like until good people stop them by force.
2nd amendment rights and opponent groups should begin grass roots effort for recall elections. Even if no one is ousted, do it again and again to cost the city $$ for elections.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

flechero wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 am

Can the city ban it's non courthouse or police station staff from CC? If not, that should squash it. If so, it should be challenged quickly... and the first action should be for the city to cite all the gun issues in private businesses, not on the streets patrolled by police.

Our company has safe gun policy... we're required to carry in a proper holster! :thumbs2: And a back up plan- at least one spare mag on the belt! :tiphat:
No, it's not like that. If you have a business that does business with the city, you have to have a "safe gun policy" in place. These would be businesses that provide contracted services, that sort of thing.
-Ruark

flechero

Post by flechero »

Ruark wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:43 am

No, it's not like that. If you have a business that does business with the city, you have to have a "safe gun policy" in place. These would be businesses that provide contracted services, that sort of thing.
Did they define if, or just say you need it? I guess you can have a policy called the "Safe Gun Policy" and address holster use on the clock.

If anything different, any business serving the various PD's, county sherriffs and any of the jails and police stations should require an equally restrictive agreement with them.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

puma guy wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:20 pm
BBYC wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 pm Tyrants can do whatever they like until good people stop them by force.
2nd amendment rights and opponent groups should begin grass roots effort for recall elections. Even if no one is ousted, do it again and again to cost the city $$ for elections.
They just raise taxes. There's no way it comes out of the bad guys paychecks or pensions.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

So they want to reduce the ability of people to buy guns through an FFL, thereby increasing the demand for guns sold in private transactions. I thought they wanted to reduce the number of guns that were sold without background checks, not increase that number.

It's actually fairly amusing to see the decisions people make when they are incapable of using logic. Kind of like watching my dog try to do math. Except he would probably be better at it than these folks are at using logic. After all, my dog is part Poodle, and is pretty darn smart.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”