San Francisco Chronicle editor pretends familiarity with firearms

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

San Francisco Chronicle editor pretends familiarity with firearms

Post by KLB »

First he claims he bought it without a background check because the purchase was at a gunshow. Possible if he bought from a private seller, but unlikely. How much benefit of the doubt you give him may be influenced by point two. That is, he claims that, when a problem arose at the office, he removed his Glock 17 from his desk and flipped off the safety. A Glock. Really.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/07/0 ... romoterPro

apostate

Re: San Francisco Chronicle editor pretends familiarity with firearms

Post by apostate »

No DROS? It sounds like they confessed to violating California gun laws. When are the cops arresting them?

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I doubt he ever even really bought a gun. The whole thing sounds made up to me. It wouldn't be the first time a liberal lied.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

ELB

Post by ELB »

“She.”
USAF 1982-2005

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

This is the same city that made public injecting of heroin socially acceptable and homelessness the latest real estate development. I doubt any of the readers would know the difference.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

strogg

Post by strogg »

Normally, I'd go on a narrative about leftist buffoons right about now, but I have to call it as I see it. Here's what the article says:

1: This was back in the 90s. No background checks required before 1993.
2: The author of the chronicle article clearly purchased the gun in Texas, not California.
3: The event where she pulled the gun out of the glove box happened along I-45 in Houston.

Again, this happened back in the 90s. At no point did she mention if she got rid of the gun and when. I wouldn't be surprised if she got rid of it soon after her manager found out at the Oakland Tribune (again, 90s) and never touched a gun again. In 20 plus years, for someone who isn't big on guns, I would not be surprised if she didn't remember that a Glock doesn't have a manual safety. I'm not saying the bearing arms article is wrong, but it is definitely misguiding the readers.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

strogg wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:56 pm Normally, I'd go on a narrative about leftist buffoons right about now, but I have to call it as I see it. Here's what the article says:

2: The author of the chronicle article clearly purchased the gun in Texas, not California.
3: The event where she pulled the gun out of the glove box happened along I-45 in Houston.
There was no MPA in the 90s either so was she one of the first to get a CHL or did she break the law, thereby proving gun control doesn't stop criminals?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

BBYC wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:06 am
strogg wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:56 pm Normally, I'd go on a narrative about leftist buffoons right about now, but I have to call it as I see it. Here's what the article says:

There was no MPA in the 90s either so was she one of the first to get a CHL or did she break the law, thereby proving gun control doesn't stop criminals?
Wasn't the travelling exception in effect back then? Maybe she was travelling somewhere.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

KLB wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm First he claims he bought it without a background check because the purchase was at a gunshow. Possible if he bought from a private seller, but unlikely. How much benefit of the doubt you give him may be influenced by point two. That is, he claims that, when a problem arose at the office, he removed his Glock 17 from his desk and flipped off the safety. A Glock. Really.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/07/0 ... romoterPro
At least she didn't claim she had PTSD after shooting it! :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”