NRA and the Russian honey pot

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 5

NRA and the Russian honey pot

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Washington Post Russian narrative.

However, very interesting.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Re: NRA and the Russian honey pot

Post by Paladin »

Those rascally Russians used to be blatant about their wanting to disarm America with Let Us Beat Our Swords into Ploughshares

Now Russians are trying to support gun rights in America and Russia...

Not sure I should laugh or be concerned about this :confused5
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Incidentally what Isaiah 2 actually said (in context) was
In the last days...

He will judge between the nations
and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
nor will they train for war anymore.
Another way of saying that is that only at the end of times will weapons and training for war not be necessary anymore.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

All the Russians want us to create chaos. They will support one side or the other or both just create chaos and disorganization. It’s what they do to destabilize other countries. Then when the destabilization reaches a point they swoop in and take advantage of that chaos to take over.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

Indictment doesn't mean guilt.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

rotor wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 pm Indictment doesn't mean guilt.
Neither does a plea bargain....

http://a.co/bHLEcVp

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Some excellent background info on Russian propaganda efforts:

Former KGB Agent Yuri Bezmenov Explains How to Brainwash a Nation

Unfortunately for the Soviet Union, The Growth of NATO shows that the Soviet goal of world domination didn't work out too well.

DEB

Post by DEB »

Lately I don't believe anything concerning what or if the Russians are doing anything. According to the media/democrats and anti-Trumpers, the Russians helped Trump win, even though they were getting everything from the Clinton/s, including uranium. They are helping the NRA to increase gun rights, both here and in Russia. They have increased the Christian faith in Russia and especially within their own Armed Forces. They don't allow deviant sexual practices to be recognized. I am really trying to fight to see where I need to stand. And this is from a Cold War Warrior, who did stand the line, both in Germany and Korea, when their stated objective was America's destruction and also when the Democrats were fully in favor of everything they did or wanted to do.
Folks hate Putin because he loves Russia? Democrats and those who are in favor (ahem Rino's) of the New World Order, seem to really dislike any Nationalism, from either Putin or Trump. Shoot I have been reading where we, as the US, have interfered in other countries elections, even Israel's. Then we get all upset when the Russians do it? I bet the Chinese, Israelis, Vietnamese, all European Nations, probably had some sort of movement and dollars to control some aspect of our elections' outcomes. It is what countries do. If Putin gives the NRA millions of dollars to expand gun rights, I am at Meh... :fire
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

When I wrote honey pot, I had no real information.
It was just a guess.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-cour ... ay-n892426

Now it’s being reported that there was some Red Sparrow action with the young lady.

That said. It was quite a devious scheme as she apparently gave a speech in Russia demanding that Russian citizens be allowed to carry.

It might explain how she got access to the NRA.

Quite an accomplishment or an elaborate setup.

She is charged with being a foreign agent, not spying or stealing classified secrets or stealing trade secrets from US tech companies.

She was enrolled as a college student in Washington DC and apparently needed help with school assignments which is how she got a lot of access.

Not sure how supporting gun rights in America helps Russia, but hey anything Russia is big now. Who cares what Cuba, Venezuela, Mexico or China might be doing in side the US.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:57 pm Not sure how supporting gun rights in America helps Russia, but hey anything Russia is big now. Who cares what Cuba, Venezuela, Mexico or China might be doing in side the US.
Yeah, honestly the Chinese are very busy:

China Has Spies Across U.S. Universities and FBI is Constantly Monitoring Them, Director Wray Says

China’s Intelligence Networks in United States Include 25,000 Spies
...The [Chinese] operations then shifted in 2012 to "offensive" spying, he said.

"By offensive [operations], I mean to be ready to destroy the U.S. in ways they can,"

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:57 pm When I wrote honey pot, I had no real information.
It was just a guess.
maria butina was anna chapman 2.0?

I guess the Russians figured out the American weakness for attractive red heads?

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

I'm not buying it. So far, everything I've seen seems to indicate it's just another attempt from the left to link Russia with some sort of meddling.

Trump = Bad
Guns/NRA = Bad
Russia = Bad

It has all the calling cards of the latest MSM hype to try to drive the public into an induced frenzy.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

SigM4 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm I'm not buying it. So far, everything I've seen seems to indicate it's just another attempt from the left to link Russia with some sort of meddling.

Trump = Bad
Guns/NRA = Bad
Russia = Bad

It has all the calling cards of the latest MSM hype to try to drive the public into an induced frenzy.
Not only those issues, but the timing of this near the summit is also inappropriate. Clearly the FBI was following this lady for years... and now, with the Summit they arrest her? They could have/should have deported her years ago if it was a serious issue.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

SigM4 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm I'm not buying it. So far, everything I've seen seems to indicate it's just another attempt from the left to link Russia with some sort of meddling.

Trump = Bad
Guns/NRA = Bad
Russia = Bad

It’s a trifecta for the liberals.

Her arrest has absolutely no connection with the Russia probe, its a completely separate matter. The timing of her arrest is purely because she was moving to the Dacotas where it would be hard to keep a eye on her.

Any suspicions that the arrest was timed to coincide with Trump’s Meeting with Putin would cast doubt on the reliability of the CIA and the FBI, which Trump has said he now trusts. Any doubts you might have that the CIA and FBI have ever acted against Trump is treason and an insult to our men and women who defend our country.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-r ... KKBN1KC0DE

Yah know when you dig into things sometimes other people find things that maybe spoils the agenda you have.

Honey met with Obama administration officials.

Oh my!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”