FL:Stand your ground law under fire for parking space dispute murder

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Re: FL:Stand your ground law under fire for parking space dispute murder

Post by Grayling813 »

Civilian shoots and kills black man who pushed him down, convicted of manslaughter and gets 20 years.
Cop shoots and kills black man eating ice cream in his own apartment, convicted of murder and gets 10 years.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 9

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/man-convicted-pa ... 30199.html

Man convicted of murder in parking lot dispute is attacked in prison by another inmate with a lock inside a sock. Five stitches to close the head wound.

He is now in protective custody inside the prison.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 11

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Rob72 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:22 am
He told investigators he has a "pet peeve" about illegal parking in handicapped spots and often walks around such cars looking for handicapped stickers and placards, sometimes taking photographs. He said he often sees people illegally parked in the handicapped spot at that convenience store, but the owner doesn't do anything about it.

Drejka said he saw McGlockton's car in the handicapped spot that day, so he went to its back and front, looking for stickers, which store security video shows. He said the car's windows were tinted, so he didn't know anyone was inside.

Jacobs, who was sitting with the couple's two younger children, partially put down her window and asked what he was doing. He said he told her it was "not very polite" to park in the spot and "she took that as an affront." He said that sparked an argument that got heated, with Jacobs saying "Do I have to get my man?"

Jacobs testified that Drejka had started pointing and yelling at her. She said she cracked the window to hear what he was saying and a screaming match ensued.
Drejka gave credible evidence of being an EDP and potential threat to the woman. Life hurts. It hurts more when you're stupid.
There is a lesson in that for all LTC's. LTC does not make you a cop, so mind your own business and don't run around looking for something to get involved in..

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Drejka gave credible evidence of being an EDP and potential threat to the woman. Life hurts. It hurts more when you're stupid.

I had to look this up. Many of the other forum members may not be familiar with this acronym.

EDP = Emotionally Disturbed Person. This has been used by NYPD, NY EMS, and apparently others, since the above poster used it.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

03Lightningrocks

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm Drejka gave credible evidence of being an EDP and potential threat to the woman. Life hurts. It hurts more when you're stupid.

I had to look this up. Many of the other forum members may not be familiar with this acronym.

EDP = Emotionally Disturbed Person. This has been used by NYPD, NY EMS, and apparently others, since the above poster used it.

SIA
LOL... I had no idea what EDP was. But did not bother to look it up. :mrgreen: Thank you.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

03:

As my South Carolina boss used to say, "Yaw wekkum".

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

03Lightningrocks

Rob72 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:02 pm
LDP wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:58 pm
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm I had to look this up. Many of the other forum members may not be familiar with this acronym.

SIA
Thank you.

EDPs. Rarely a deadly threat but possibly a threat of some violence or harassment.
That is exactly why I carry mace AND a gun. Some might disagree but I'd rather just mace some EDP and walk away than have only a deadly weapon to defend myself and answer to a grand jury full of libtards.
(flame suit on)
Right there with ya, bro!

And, yes, I'm an old EMT, Corrections Officer, and Secured-Unit Care Provider. ;-)
Same here. The last thing I need is the legal/financial stress of using a deadly weapon. If it is unavoidable so be it but I sure as heck am not looking for a reason to use it. Nor am I looking to cause someone else to give me a reason to use it. I mind my own darned business and let the paid police handle parking issues and such.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”