Couple Robbed at gunpoint - Dallas

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
orangetx
Posts in topic: 1

Couple Robbed at gunpoint - Dallas

Post by orangetx »

I tell my wife all the time, always be aware of your surroundings.
I think these victims could have avoided this but paying attention and being cautious. Hate it happen to them, and I wish them the best recovery.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-cou ... t-gunpoint
Who’s interrupting my Kung Fu?!

Paladin

Re: Couple Robbed at gunpoint - Dallas

Post by Paladin »

The couple were out walking their dog just after midnight Sunday morning near the Bishop Arts District.
Always a bad idea to be doing that in Oak Cliff. The majority of DFW shootings and stabbings happen there.

Looks like the bad guys were all armed... one with a pump shotgun. Bad situation.

The couple is lucky they had a cellphone to hand over. If they didn't have anything they might both be dead right now.

The dog was remarkably useless.

Lastly, flip-flops are horrible tactical footwear...

So glad the couple is ok and the bad guys are in jail where they belong.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

flechero

Post by flechero »

Not sure how far away from their home they were so it may not have been completely avoidable. It's extremely difficult (regardless of your condition) to never be vulnerable. Especially to random crime.

The avoidable part of this one my only be not walking the dog [in oak cliff] after midnight.

texasltc18

Post by texasltc18 »

To me, it looks like the female had a bad feeling after the car drove by, she sees the car and then as she’s walking she is walking at a much different angle than the male. Almost as if she is trying to distance herself from the car that parked. A good reminder to always follow your gut and don’t let trying to be PC get you killed. They way they suspects were handling their firearms it’s lucky no one got shot on accident or on purpose for that much.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

People need to be more aware of their surroundings. People need to plan for their safety.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Allons

Post by Allons »

They now say they will either move, or require that the neighborhood be gated.
How about taking shooting lessons and learning how to defend yourself. Just because you move doesn't mean you won't be a victim of crime.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Allons wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:32 pm
They now say they will either move, or require that the neighborhood be gated.
How about taking shooting lessons and learning how to defend yourself. Just because you move doesn't mean you won't be a victim of crime.
:iagree:

Very poor SA, no guns of their own, lucky to still be alive. My question is, how are they going to "require" that the neighborhood be gated? And if it were, how will that protect them? It only increases, their desirability, as targets. People in gated communities are very often victims, because security systems are easily defeated, and codes, are useless, if others in the neighborhood give them to their friends and relatives . JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”