Another attack on the NRA ..... from “hunters”....

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Another attack on the NRA ..... from “hunters”....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

https://www.outsideonline.com/2328866/i ... -leave-nra

I’m just posting this to make people aware of it, and to anticipate seeing anti-gunners quoting this website and movement to attack the NRA.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another attack on the NRA ..... from “hunters”....

Post by ScottDLS »

I suspect very few hunters make up the readership of that publication. More likely the solar and wind lobby and the enviro-Marxist no growthers.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

Leftist loons preying on the uninformed!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Even odds that he isn't a hunter, just another leftist writer wanting to bash the NRA.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Based on buying an issue at the airport, and thumbing through issues in waiting rooms, I suspect more vegetarians than hunters read Outside magazine.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

bblhd672 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 pm Even odds that he isn't a hunter, just another leftist writer wanting to bash the NRA.
Maybe a family member took him hunting, ...... once.

Nothing but drivel.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

flechero

Post by flechero »

13 year old daughter rule prohibits me from replying with any sense of my true opinion. I'll stop there.

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

About the author

Wes Siler runs IndefinitelyWild, Outside's lifestyle column telling the story of adventure-travel in the outdoors, the vehicles and gear that get us there, and the people we meet along the way. You may recognize Wes from such websites as Jalopnik, Gizmodo, and Hell For Leather, where he used to review cars and motorcycles, and share his various misadventures, outdoors and otherwise. Wes lives in Montana with his partner Virginia McQueen, and their dogs, Wiley and Bowie.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2048321/wes-siler
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Uh-huh...

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

I could easily be wrong. I remember reading the Russian agent attempted to make contact with the NRA. I do not recall reading anything that would merit this line:
"arrest of Russian agent Maria Butina, who is charged with using the NRA to manipulate the American political process."

But, obviously, angular perspective may be in play.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Check the menu section for Outside magazine. How many hunting articles do they have? Can you find any? I couldn't.

E10

Post by E10 »

We get that rag for our waiting room. I’ve never seen anything about hunting in the few issues I’ve perused.

I find all this demonization of the NRA almost laughable, except that they’re dead serious. We’re a perfect example of a citizens’ grassroots organization, powerful because we invest in the concept of liberty and we VOTE. It’s a badge I’m proud to wear, along with my ‘deplorable’ label.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

E10 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:57 pm We get that rag for our waiting room. I’ve never seen anything about hunting in the few issues I’ve perused.

I find all this demonization of the NRA almost laughable, except that they’re dead serious. We’re a perfect example of a citizens’ grassroots organization, powerful because we invest in the concept of liberty and we VOTE. It’s a badge I’m proud to wear, along with my ‘deplorable’ label.
Makes me wonder when the physical attacks will begin on people wearing NRA clothing. In the leftists’ views the President and the NRA are equally evil.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

twjones

Post by twjones »

Ha. Enough said.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”